5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello VJ!

I'm here with my fiance trying to organize our package (even though our interview is on January the 6th but we are taking advantage of the time that he is here)

We also tried to make the DS-160 form yesterday. We were surprised with the amount of questions and detailed information about my life.
I have a few doubts.

1- Almost 16 years ago my passport with my one and only american visa was lost. I stated that on one question there. But after that they ask " when was date of the last american visa issued " .. how can i remember that? None of my parents remember either. The bad thing of this question is that they don't give you the chance to give an explanation or to check on the box of I DON'T REMEMBER so i have to put a date. What should i do?

2- The same thing happens with my schools information. I don't have any idea about the day and month when i started or finished. Only the year.

3- They also ask a list of my last 5 jobs. I'm worried because on one of my 7 trips to Ecuador (yes those were a lot but i didn't stayed more than 6 months in none of them) i met a group of people that were working on a tv show so like i was studying communications they told me that i can help them and just see how is to work on tv. So what i did was almost nothing, just looking, learning and carrying some papers and helping in small things. It was never legal job with payment or papers in between, no working visa or that. So i don't know how bad will that sound to them ... i'm VERY worried about it!

4- And the last. One of the initial questions asked for a PASSPORT BOOK NUMBER. I don't have any ... just my normal passport number, Shoul i put that same number or just check the box of "NOT APPLICABLE". Maybe here in Peru assport doesn't have it?

Thank you so much

Edited by davenella

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Hello VJ!

I'm here with my fiance trying to organize our package (even though our interview is on January the 6th but we are taking advantage of the time that he is here)

We also tried to make the DS-160 form yesterday. We were surprised with the amount of questions and detailed information about my life.

I have a few doubts.

1- Almost 16 years ago my passport with my one and only american visa was lost. I stated that on one question there. But after that they ask " when was date of the last american visa issued " .. how can i remember that? None of my parents remember either. The bad thing of this question is that they don't give you the chance to give an explanation or to check on the box of I DON'T REMEMBER so i have to put a date. What should i do?

2- The same thing happens with my schools information. I don't have any idea about the day and month when i started or finished. Only the year.

3- They also ask a list of my last 5 jobs. I'm worried because on one of my 7 trips to Ecuador (yes those were a lot but i didn't stayed more than 6 months in none of them) i met a group of people that were working on a tv show so like i was studying communications they told me that i can help them and just see how is to work on tv. So what i did was almost nothing, just looking, learning and carrying some papers and helping in small things. It was never legal job with payment or papers in between, no working visa or that. So i don't know how bad will that sound to them ... i'm VERY worried about it!

4- And the last. One of the initial questions asked for a PASSPORT BOOK NUMBER. I don't have any ... just my normal passport number, Shoul i put that same number or just check the box of "NOT APPLICABLE". Maybe here in Peru assport doesn't have it?

Thank you so much

1. Have you tried calling the US Embassy in Peru? http://lima.usembassy.gov/contact.html

Maybe they can help you find out your old visa's details. If not, they can tell you what to do.

2. Doesn't academic year in Peru start on March and end December? I can't remember specifics to mine either but I knew when school starts and ends for my country and I just picked a day in that month.

3. Was it last 5 jobs? I thought it was jobs in the last 5 years. You can still add that since it falls under "training". Dont worry! They just ask this mainly to check if they need police certificates from other countries.

So for my country, they ask for a police certificate if you lived in another country for more than 6 months after the age of 16. Seeing as you didn't stay 6 months or more in Ecuador, you should be fine. (That's if you have the same interview requirements)

4. Check "Not Applicable". Peru's passport doesn't have one.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We just filled this out today, the strange thing is, it DID NOT ask for previous employer or education, only the current, is there something wrong with the form then?

Ken and Rosela's Journey

08/24/2011 - Rosela and I met online and began talking

03/04/2012 - I traveled to Peru to meet Rosela in person for the first time

08/15/2012- I traveled to Peru to visit Rosela

03/08/2012 - I traveled to Peru with my sister to visit Rosela and for my sister to meet her

05/12/2013 - I traveled to Peru to visit Rosela and ask her to marry me.

05/16/2013 - I asked Rosela to to marry me at LLanganuco Lake at 12,500 ft!

08/19/2013 - I-129F Package Sent to Lockbox!

08/27/2013 - NOA1 electronic notification received!

08/31/2013 - NOA1 hard copy received!

10/29/2013 - I-129F Approved, NOA2 Hardcopy Sent!

11/26/2013 - NVC received our case!

12/02/2013 - NVC forwarded our case to the embassy in Lima, Peru via DHL!

12/05/2013 - DHL delivered our case to the embassy in Lima!

12/10/2013 - Case reads "Ready" on the CEAC website!

12/12/2013 - Contacted the embassy via email and received our interview date for January 6, 2014!

01/06/2014 - Interview and approval! heart.gifgoofy.gif

01/11/2014 - Visa received in hand! Purchased plane tickets!

02/13/2014 - POE in Atlanta with connection to Minneapolis, MN!

03/08/2014 - Got married!

03/21/2014 - Submitted AOS package!

03/28/2014 - Received AOS NOA!

06/30/2014 - Received potential interview waiver letter with delay of up to 6 months (maybe more) :(

Current date - Still Waiting... this is taking so long!? :cry:

We just filled this out today, the strange thing is, it DID NOT ask for previous employer or education, only the current, is there something wrong with the form then?

Try retrieving your ds160 using the confirmation number you have and check the "previous work/education/training" portion. It should be right after the present work on the side bar and check everything else to make sure your answers are still there. Yeah it's some glitch in the form that others too have experienced.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Try retrieving your ds160 using the confirmation number you have and check the "previous work/education/training" portion. It should be right after the present work on the side bar and check everything else to make sure your answers are still there. Yeah it's some glitch in the form that others too have experienced.

I have not yet submitted but begun filling out my DS-160 form. It is not asking for previous employment or education details either. I have logged out and logged back in to see if it was under the Work tab but there is only an option for current employment.

Has the DS-160 form changed in the last 6 months?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.