Shelbym

Mairjuana Use

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Then it would be a urine test... But a drug test IS performed... Daily users it can be detected up to 90 days after last use... Occasional... About 30 days...

Medical is different from country to country.

There was no drug test when I went to my medical in Montreal; no urine or blood were taken/given. After admission of drug use, maybe/probably they do it then. Similarly, in some countries, women get full gynecological exams and I never removed my panties.

Edited by La Souris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Medical is different from country to country.

There was no drug test when I went to my medical in Montreal; no urine or blood were taken/given. After admission of drug use, maybe/probably they do it then. Similarly, in some countries, women get full gynecological exams and I never removed my panties.

Ok.. Throughout they were more or less standard? I still would not advise anyone to risk it...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Ok.. Throughout they were more or less standard? I still would not advise anyone to risk it...

Oh, I would certainly not want anyone to risk it - just saying it's not as uniform as I originally thought.

I also don't recall a urine test. I am pretty sure that medicals are different from country to country.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Timeline

Different rules from country to country! Back in 2004 had to do bloodwork for it at my physical that took place in Halifax!! But like everything else, procedures change

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I love the phrase common sense!!!

Became Facebook Friends ♡September 2012♡

Met face to face

February 9, 2013, Joburg S.A. May 6, 2013

♥♥♥ENGAGED MAY 9, 2013♥♥♥

August 24, 2013 w/ my son ♡ October 27, 2013

January 13-18 2014 visit to S.A. for my honey's birthday ♥♥

★ OUR JOURNEY ★

November 21, 2013 overnight mailed I-129F.

November 22, 2013 arrives at Texas lockbox

November 27, 2013 via e-mail receipt, petition accepted, SRC# issued @ TSC

November 29, 2013 email notice (A) number changed, *Initial Review* stage

December 2, 2013 hard copy received.

January 7, 2014 Text and email

***Petition APPROVED***

January 9, 2014 email and text petition sent to State Department◆

January 11, 2014 Hard copy of

NOA2 received. Vaild from January 7- May 16, 2014

January 17, 2014 NVC received Petition case number JHN2014####

February 12, 2014 petition leaves NVC, and dreadful AP

February 14, 2014 ♥♥ petition arrives in Johannesburg, S.A.

February 20, 2014 email on packet 3 instructions

KTich♥

Timeline

too many forgot to use it..myself included at times!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I had to do blood tests in Montreal, not sure what they were for. I gave a copy of the medical forms to Saylin... here it is from Medisys

th_IMAG0035.jpg th_IMAG0036.jpg th_IMAG0037.jpg

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical done last august in Montreal. They did take blood, but it was to test for STDs and other contagious diseases.

On the medical forms, they ask you if you were ever addicted to or abused any substance in the past. They don't ask if you had ever tried or occasionnally used. Though I guess it's something the doctor himself could ask you, but he never did with me.

As everyone else says, don't lie, but don't bring it up if it's not asked for.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.