6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance passed her interview an was than asked to give me a paper on this paper was a request for more proof i lived in america,I had already send in Pink slip to my car copy of the deed to my house an bank account in america I am an xpat in afghanistan working on the us military base so how was this not a sufficent amount of evadince? why was i put on ap for over a month an half now with no information..I resent all my older documents having the feeling they just looked over them only this time i added a 1 way plane ticket as well as a letter of inteten from a friends job,How long could ap really take with documents as straight forwar as this was the House in my name not clear that i live there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Waivers and Administrative Processes - topic is about being in AP and OP seeking replies specific to AP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance passed her interview an was than asked to give me a paper on this paper was a request for more proof i lived in america,I had already send in Pink slip to my car copy of the deed to my house an bank account in america I am an xpat in afghanistan working on the us military base so how was this not a sufficent amount of evadince? why was i put on ap for over a month an half now with no information..I resent all my older documents having the feeling they just looked over them only this time i added a 1 way plane ticket as well as a letter of inteten from a friends job,How long could ap really take with documents as straight forwar as this was the House in my name not clear that i live there?

Use Google to find definition of domicile. You are a USC, temp resident of Afghanistan but still domiciled in the USA. You have to indicate to USCIS that you are such.

Owning a car, house or having a bank account in the US may not mean a person is domiciled in the USA. We could use you as an example of that. The house in your name is not where you live.

This will take as long as it takes you to find a simple way to convey to USCIS what they requested of you. Less than one hour of effort and the case is moving again.

You must file taxes. Do you file in a State as a resident? Pay license taxes on that car? Property tax? Plan on living in that house in the USA?

Figure out what evidence you have that indicates domicile.

Then find spell check before you write to USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I already sent them all of my taxes ,Im only in afganistan for a 3 month time frame after wich im back home or with my fiancé in Thailand ,sent them all my W2 AN 1040s

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I already sent them all of my taxes ,Im only in afganistan for a 3 month time frame after wich im back home or with my fiancé in Thailand ,sent them all my W2 AN 1040s

no one but you knows what you sent or why no one but you knows why you would re submit what you know they already have thinking you would get a different result the embassy has issued a 221 g wich you have they now wait until you have provided the info required to complete the case if you do not comply the case will be denied I think you have one year

you have been asked to prove you are domiciled in the USA sending in what they have is not what they require from you again look up the definition of domicile in the USA and simply conform and comply with that definition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.