Tayri n Tudert

What airline did you use to fly your husband/fiance/relative to the USA?

21 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

Ahmed and I were approved alhamdulillah so now comes the task of finding airline tickets and purchasing them.

What airline did you guys use and was there any bumps along the way?

We were initially going to go with Qatar airways but they apparently require you to show your credit card as proof of purchase and if the credit card holder is not travelling with you, you have to fill out this supplemental documentation form and wait 48 hours for it to be approved. I was just wondering if anybody has flown with Qatar airways and done the same? It was a bit strange to me as I have never had to do that even when I used a family members card so I thought to ask.

Have you flown with another company and not needed to show the credit card as proof but rather solely the obvious proof of identification (passport, photo id's, etc) ? Or is this credit card issue a thing that everybody faces when immigrating?

{OUR PROCESS}

*SENT PACKAGE DECEMBER 5TH 2012*

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

- Dec 13, 2012: Cleared check & NOA1 later in day

- Dec 18, 2012: NOA1 (hard copy) received in the mail dated the 12th Dec

- February 26, 2013: Petition is being transferred to another office

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

-June 6, 2013: NVC Received petition

-June 19, 2013 : Petition left NVC

-July 3, 2013: Packet 3 Received (via email)

- Aug 13 2013: Interview Date : (Rescheduled for a later date)

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

- Sept. 25- Nov. 20th 2013: In AP due to insufficient co-sponsor

- Nov 21, 2013: CEAC website says visa is Issued :) YAY!

- Nov 26, 2013: Visa in hand dancin5hr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salam,

How about using Royal Air Maroc?

I know the service is not optimal but it takes care of business. No questions asked once you buy the ticket. Furthermore, it is a direct fly from Casablanca to New York.

I've always used Royal Air Maroc when I flew my ex, my brother and sister, my mom and dad for the first time.

I've used Lufthansa and Air France myself, they are good but they only allow you one piece of luggage.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

@Etrangais I usually use RAM myself. Like you said, gets the job done. But the flights are crazy expensive even after New years, $1000+ one way :/ I was hoping to get by spending $600-$800.

Edited by Tayri n Tudert

{OUR PROCESS}

- Dec 9, 2012: Petition received by USCIS via USPS signature confirmation delivery

-February 28, 2013: Petition was received by unspecified office and alien registration number was changed.

-March 04, 2013: Called USCIS & found out our file was transferred to California Service Center.

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

- September 25, 2013: New interview date, initially approved but put into AP for insufficient co-sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We always fly with Royal Air Maroc, not the best but they fly non-stop to JFK. We've never had any issues with them.

@Etrangais I usually use RAM myself. Like you said, gets the job done. But the flights are crazy expensive even after New years, $1000+ one way :/ I was hoping to get by spending $600-$800.

Try a round trip quote, sometimes it costs less then a one-way.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

when are you planning to leave Morocco?

My fiance plans to leave January 10th! Qatar airways has a ticket for $542 so that was appealing but I'm not to keen about filling out this supplemental documentation and waiting 48 hours for "approval". I just don't want him to have any huge issues because I won't be physically there.

Edited by Tayri n Tudert

{OUR PROCESS}

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

Timeline

My fiance plans to leave January 10th! Qatar airways has a ticket for $542 so that was appealing but I'm not to keen about filling out this supplemental documentation and waiting 48 hours for "approval". I just don't want him to have any huge issues because I won't be physically there.

Got you! I guess you'll have the spend the money and have a peace of mind!

Very happy for you you guys will be united for good.

Good luck

Got you! I guess you'll have the spend the money and have a peace of mind!

Very happy for you you guys will be united for good.

Good luck

Thank you!

{OUR PROCESS}

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

Air France.

Love it and have flown air france for 17 years :)

Met in Morocco summer 2009

Visited again 2011, 2012, 2013

(The thing I look forward to the most during the year!)

November 2011

K-1 visa (Denied July 2012)

July-November 2012

Waiting for chance to appeal

December 2012

K-1 visa (filed again)

GIVEN THE HARDEST TIME ABANDONED June 2013

September 2013

MARRIED! happy.png

October 2013

5th: Filed

15th: NOA1

March 2014

7th: Transfered to CSC

April 2014

12th: NOA2

May 2014

27th: AOS paid and DS-261 complete

June 2014

10th: AOS sent

August 2014

8th: DS 260 accepted

13th: IV packaged received

October 2014

18th: Checklist

December 2014

11th: CASE COMPLETE!

Thank you everybody! I researched the supplemental documentation and it seems fine. They require it because I won't be on the flight and the originating country isn't the USA and the credit card is a card that was opened in the USA. Apparently Iberia requires the cardholder be on the flight too or the non-cardholder can't board. Weird! I always took Royal Air Maroc or Air France so I didn't have to deal with that.

Edited by Tayri n Tudert

{OUR PROCESS}

-June 4, 2013 NOA2

Lufthansa. The ticket was purchased on my card, no problem. He didn't want his POE @ JFK. It was so calm and easy coming in to Portland. I've heard good and bad POE stories at smaller airports.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You could have your husband go to a local travel agent to see if he can get a better price there. That is what my husband did and the price was better than anything I could find online. He flew egyptair so that part isn't very helpful to you. When he went back to visit he used a travel agent here and, again, found a far better price than we could find online.

ETA - my husband's POE when he first came to the US was JFK and it went fine. However, when he returned from a visit a few years later he also came through JFK and had an awful experience. This past summer he came home through Detroit metro. That POE went very smoothly.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

You could have your husband go to a local travel agent to see if he can get a better price there. That is what my husband did and the price was better than anything I could find online.

Same as what Mithra said. My husband also went to a local travel agent and he got a reasonable price for a one way ticket with Royal Air Maroc.

He flew right after the summer (Sept. 10) and less than 30 days so it was like $1100 for his one way ticket.

Everything will work out. Best wishes! smile.png

OP. i think credit card booking has nothing to do with immigrating. I flew with QATAR airways and it was my husband who booked the flight for me. They did not asked me for the credit card information upon check-in. just presented my passport and the visa cancellation. I flew DXB-DOH-MNL with Qatar.

Airlines checking for the credit cards used when booking has nothing to do with immigration. The airlines used it to check it for fraudulent purchases. If you will book the ticket for your fiancee. Just scan a copy of you ID plus your credit card. it will be good to go. that is what my husband did.

Try checking with expedia.com or travelocity. The prices should be almost the same. On online travel agencies, they would only get extra fees for the booking fee. the rest of the money is given to the airlines. so you make look a difference of about $20 (mostly that's the case) because seats are alloted to these travel agencies. Plus, the ticketing is done by the travel agency. So it would mean that it is guarranted that airlines will get their money once the ticket will be issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.