indiak1

Interview help - marriage ceremony questions?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since our k1 visa hasn't been approved yet, we obviously haven't made any finalized wedding plans. However, I've heard stories of people getting rejected for not being able to answer the question: "When/where/how do you plan to get married?" or being asked for a guest list.

We also didn't have an engagement party.

Should we make some kind of tentative plans for this purpose? How should we address these kind of questions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Be honest , what have you discussed or planned ? Are you doing a simple wedding to make it legal then a bigger one ? It isn't so much about the exact plans as it is the fact you have talked about it

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It depends on want you want for your wedding. I didn't start planning my wedding until after the i-129 was approved to try to have a better understanding of when my fiance may get here. After that it's all good guess work. You can try to purchase things that won't be affected dramatically by time if the K1 is not approved or you get AP. For example, wedding bands. You can look for a wedding venue that is flexable with it's schedule. My wedding venue let me put down a deposit for February but said that we could change the date by a few months if I needed to. You can start looking at wedding dresses (they usually take several months to get in) You could order the dress and wait to get it altered until you're sure your fiance is coming. Reciepts for all of these things will be very helpful for the interview.

If you can't get anything purchased I suggest that you at least have some sort of plan, that you have pictures of a wedding dress that you want, an idea of where you want to get married etc.

Filed for I-129f - 7/22/13

NoA1 - 7/27/13

NoA2 - 10/3/13

NVC received -10/9/13

Left NVC - 10/18/13

Consulate Received -10/23/13

Packet 3 received via email - 10/24/13

Medical Exam - 10/31/13

Interview Date - 12/3/13 !!!!!
APPROVED!!!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Ceac Status-
Case updated daily from 12/3 - 12/6

12/6/13 - Status goes from Ready to AP

12/10/13 - Issued

Visa Received - 12/11/13

PoE - 12/15/2013

Wedding - 2/9/2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well my fiance and i havent bought anything ,neither did we have an engagement party or made any plans as we were unsure of what would happened at the interview...so all he did on the interview was tell the truth...we spoke about having a small wedding because his family will not be able to attend...then our plans are we plan on having a big wedding when he can travel so that his family can be a part of our day...he didnt have any problems

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.