kayG

I-134-co-sponsors..HELP NEEDED

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

HI EVERYONE, AM THE PETITIONER AND A STUDENT WITH A PART TIME JOB. I KNEW I COULDN'T SUPPORT MY FIANCEE ,MY PARENTS ARE WILLING TO CO-SPONSOR US. MY DAD MAKES ABOUT $90,000/ YEAR AND MY MUM MAKES ABOUT $40,000/ YEAR..NOW PLEASE MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. IS THAT ENOUGH FOR THEM TO CO-SPONSOR US? ( INCLUDING MY FIANCEE WE WILL BE 6 HOUSEHOLD)

2. MY PARENTS HAVE A JOINT ACCOUNT, DO THEY NEED A SEPARATE I-134 FORMS?

3.WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DO THEY NEED TO ADD TO THE I-134 FORM?

THANKS MUCH Y'ALL IN ADVANCEdancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes that is plenty. They wil need pay stubs, 3 years tax returns and ideally a letter from the employer confirming their salary and that it is a permanent job.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

do you all live together what is your age ( are you their dependent ) How do you 6 from your parents your fiance and you ?

WE ARE 5 EXCLUDING MY FIANCEE... AM 21 AND WE ALL LIVE TOGETHER BUT MY BROTHER IS IN THE ARM NOW AND BASED IN D.C

Timeline

Yes that is plenty. They wil need pay stubs, 3 years tax returns and ideally a letter from the employer confirming their salary and that it is a permanent job.

OK THANKS MUCH, SO MY DAD NEED TO FILL HIS I-134 WITH HIS SUPPORTING DOCS AND MY MOM ALSO FILLS HER I-134 FORM WITH HER SUPPORTING DOCS RIGHT?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

From what I believe/have seen, you only need 1 co-sponsor, not 2. That might not even be legal to have 2 co-sponsors, maybe someone can confirm this in this post further down?? If your dad makes the most than you should use your dad. You will need to get tax transcripts from your dad for the past 3 tax years to show that is truly what he made, and his dependents but should be MORE than enough. These are very important and Accra will deny if you do not have them. The other things you need but I've seen people get approved with just tax transcripts as supporting evidence for i-134 and nothing else..

Timeline

From what I believe/have seen, you only need 1 co-sponsor, not 2. That might not even be legal to have 2 co-sponsors, maybe someone can confirm this in this post further down?? If your dad makes the most than you should use your dad. You will need to get tax transcripts from your dad for the past 3 tax years to show that is truly what he made, and his dependents but should be MORE than enough. These are very important and Accra will deny if you do not have them. The other things you need but I've seen people get approved with just tax transcripts as supporting evidence for i-134 and nothing else..

THANKS RENEE, BUT WHAT OF THE JOINT ACCOUNT AT THE BANK? SO HIS 90,000/YEAR IS ENOUGH WITH A HOUSEHOLD OF 5?

Filed: Timeline

the link below shows the poverty line

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

your dad makes more than enough, so here is what you need:

I know you don't have enough income but you still need to provide the following:

your own I-134 form, letter from employer, bank statements, and 3 yrs of previous tax returns (if you don't have some of these it's ok)

So your dad can be the sole co-sponsor, and he needs everything I mentioned above.

If your parents have a joint account that's ok, and if they file their taxes jointly your dad can be a sole co-sponsor or you can fill both their names in one I-134 form. But you can't have 2 forms to my knowledge because that would mean 2 co-sponsors

what I like to do is be prepared, so prepare a I-134 with just your dad and his supporting documents (mentioned above). And give this to them. If they're happy then yeeey, if not make an I-134 form with both your parents information and take it with you. Don't give it to them unless they won't accept your dad's (which they should but you never know) and they ask that your mom be included because the bank account is under both of their names.

Remember, just give them what they ask for, and be prepared.

Good luck :)

Timeline

the link below shows the poverty line

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

your dad makes more than enough, so here is what you need:

I know you don't have enough income but you still need to provide the following:

your own I-134 form, letter from employer, bank statements, and 3 yrs of previous tax returns (if you don't have some of these it's ok)

So your dad can be the sole co-sponsor, and he needs everything I mentioned above.

If your parents have a joint account that's ok, and if they file their taxes jointly your dad can be a sole co-sponsor or you can fill both their names in one I-134 form. But you can't have 2 forms to my knowledge because that would mean 2 co-sponsors

what I like to do is be prepared, so prepare a I-134 with just your dad and his supporting documents (mentioned above). And give this to them. If they're happy then yeeey, if not make an I-134 form with both your parents information and take it with you. Don't give it to them unless they won't accept your dad's (which they should but you never know) and they ask that your mom be included because the bank account is under both of their names.

Remember, just give them what they ask for, and be prepared.

Good luck smile.png

Thanks much pal..this is really good... i like to be prepared myself too...dancin5hr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

HI EVERYONE, AM THE PETITIONER AND A STUDENT WITH A PART TIME JOB. I KNEW I COULDN'T SUPPORT MY FIANCEE ,MY PARENTS ARE WILLING TO CO-SPONSOR US. MY DAD MAKES ABOUT $90,000/ YEAR AND MY MUM MAKES ABOUT $40,000/ YEAR..NOW PLEASE MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. IS THAT ENOUGH FOR THEM TO CO-SPONSOR US? ( INCLUDING MY FIANCEE WE WILL BE 6 HOUSEHOLD)

2. MY PARENTS HAVE A JOINT ACCOUNT, DO THEY NEED A SEPARATE I-134 FORMS?

3.WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DO THEY NEED TO ADD TO THE I-134 FORM?

THANKS MUCH Y'ALL IN ADVANCEdancin5hr.gif

You dont need both parents to be your co-sponsors. Moreover the US Consulate here will not even bother to look at your tax transcripts let alone the docs of your co-sponsors. The most important docs for submission are your filled out I-134 form, DS-156, DS-156k, DS-230, birth cert(original) and letter from your employer. These are the real docs needed for your interview aside your tones of evidence such as letters, cards, phone records, pictures, etc Bank statements are not needed.

Tax transcripts, bank statements, co-sponsors, 6 recent paystubs etc are required when filing for AOS once in the US.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.