devo77

Fiance's name has two English Spellings

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance has two english spellings of her name "Oleysa" and "Olesia". I call her "Olesya" since her previous Russian passport had that as the English spelling of her name at the time of our meeting. She has since received a new Passport and a B2 American visa and they both have "Olesia" as the english spelling of her name. All the boarding passes, plane tickets, etc have her "Olesia" name on it but for the proof of ongoing relationship do you think they will question why I call her "Olesya" instead of "Olesia" as it is stated on her current passport? Her Russian name hasn't changed ever. Thanks.

Not a problem. Transliteration issues are common.

..though you have up there both Oleysa and Olesya. I do hope you know how to pronounce her name :)

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also, you can put the Oleysa name on the forms where asks for other names used, since she used to have a passport in that name.

~ Duplicate topic removed ~

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

She has a copy of her previous passport showing the previous spelling. Do you think I should include that with her current passport so they can see her Russian name hasn't changed. Maybe put that in the front of the proof of ongoing relationship section when I submit the i-129f? BTW.. I guess I typed too fast however, I do know how to pronounce her name smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.