TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam everyone i need a little suggest from you guys, i'm currently in AP since September 20. My passport is going to be expired in June which leaves only 5 months of validity, in order to travel it ought to have minimum 6 months of validity, so should i request the embassy to send back my passport to have a new one renewed. and when renewed do i have send back both together Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I havent been posting any updates on our case lately however there were some changes in my case. On Jan 15 husband got a call from ISB Embassy to come for fingerprints, as we all know so far in the discussions it meant we were near a conclusion. I was hoping and praying for a postive outcome of the call however when my husband did go for his oath and fingerprints he was told his case is upto date everything looks great HOWEVER our case is still in AP! I was like wthell y would you even bother to call him just to tell him he's in AP. It was very hard to control my emotions since my husband has told me that. I was also told by my Senator that embassy was going to make a decision on our case however I guess the decision is we are still in AP. I called NVC after my husband came from the embassy and they said everything looks good however there is just on last form that needs to be done and i asked what form? and the man on the other side of the phone said its inside the embassy that their job to fill it out and process it for the visa to be issued. I felt soo bad becuase I emailed the embassy and they gave same automatic reply of our case in AP. crying.gif.... Its like their playing games with us. Y call and ask for stuff and then even respond to Senators inquiry by saying the case in near conclusion but then placing it in AP all over again.. Its been 16 months already.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can perfectly relate to your situation, as my fiancee also got a call to submit some document and I dont know when they call requesting for documents and updating regulary so some how your hopes get up, but reality is we are in the agonizing process still. Its an emotional roller coaster that I pray ends soon b/c I know like you and me there are so many others going through this process. Prayers and much, much hope to all those waiting to reunite with their loved ones.

K-1 I-129F Sent : 2012-04-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-05-03

I-129F RFE(s) :NONE!!! Praise GOD!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-11-07

NVC Received : 2012-11-13

NVC Left : 2012-11-28

Consulate Received : 2012-12-03

Packet 3 Received : 2012-12-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2012-12-20

Interview Date : 2013-01-18

Interview Result : Administrative Review

2013-11-20 Embassy requested new medical, pictures and DS160.2014-02-24 Fingerprints and Oath (But was told AP was still in place).Ceac Status:2014-03-06 Creation date changed and also changed from immigrant to non-immigrant.2014-04-08 and 2014-04-11

Status Updates 2014-04-15 "ISSUED" To God be the glory!!!

2014-04-19 Visa in hand.2014-04-21

POE 2014-06-01 Married!

AOS 2014-07-19 AOS/EAD/AP

Mailed 2014-07-21

NOA 12014-08-18

Biometrics 2014-09-23

EAD/AP Combo Card Received2015-01-03

Received Potencial Interview Waiver Notice2015-05-01

Submitted Service Request2015-05-08 Reponse to Service Request "File is in transit to Washington District office 2015-05-19"

Mailed Renewal of EAD/AP2015-05-26

USCIS Received EAD/AP Applications 2015-06-04

NOA 1 & Biometrics Appointment 2015-06-17

Biometrics 2015-06-09 2nd Service Request (No answer)

2015-07-10 Status of EAD/AP Changed to "Card in production"2015-07-10

3rd Service Request 2015-07-17

Received EAD 2015-07-21

2016-24-07 Still Waiting!!! 2 YEARS!!!!No interview, No Greencard

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam everyone i need a little suggest from you guys, i'm currently in AP since September 20. My passport is going to be expired in June which leaves only 5 months of validity, in order to travel it ought to have minimum 6 months of validity, so should i request the embassy to send back my passport to have a new one renewed. and when renewed do i have send back both together Thanks

Same thing also happened with me after renewed i sent email again to embassy and they said if do not need passport sent back.

So u send email and tell him i send my renewed passport or no wait until u ask from me.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was in same situation and requested them to send passport back for renewal. They did the very next day. I got it renewed and emailed them new passport copy. The passport is still with me as I've to travel abroad. Waiting for Embassy's call for submission.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear fellow community Members,

I have been the silent observer since past 2 years. My Visa journey started in Dec 2010 and finally after 4 years of wait got my visa issue Today.

I just want to thank everyone on this community and wanted to say don’t let your hope dies, Very soon you will all get the Magic letter "ISSUED" on CEAC web site.

My case recently got around 5 updates, it used to be 1 update per 2 months. Got the email from embassy on Dec 4th 2013 to submit 2 pics and new medical, after they received the require docs, received the call on 16th Jan 2014 to come to embassy on 29th for finger prints and oath. After taking the oath yesterday, The Visa officer said congratulations your visa is approved and you will get your passport back in 10 days.

Check today on CEAC web site and its said ISSUED

Hi Naveed,

You will be able to help me around. I need guidance as we are really confused. Our Priority date is 27 september 2001. We were interviewed at the ISL embassy on 10 jan 2011. They kept our passports and gave us the tokens with a paper that said that we shall contact them if we do not receive our passports within 3 months. The pd retrogessed in that month back to year 2000. since then we did not receive any info/letter from the embassy. the status at the ceac website showed Administrative processing for 1 and Ready for other 4 family members. now when the pd is current we again asked embassy to update us about the case and they are asking for all fresh documents so they can schedule are interview.

why do they not send us any official letter for that purpose? Did you have to pay visa fees again?

Kindly guide and share feedback

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Naveed,

You will be able to help me around. I need guidance as we are really confused. Our Priority date is 27 september 2001. We were interviewed at the ISL embassy on 10 jan 2011. They kept our passports and gave us the tokens with a paper that said that we shall contact them if we do not receive our passports within 3 months. The pd retrogessed in that month back to year 2000. since then we did not receive any info/letter from the embassy. the status at the ceac website showed Administrative processing for 1 and Ready for other 4 family members. now when the pd is current we again asked embassy to update us about the case and they are asking for all fresh documents so they can schedule are interview.

why do they not send us any official letter for that purpose? Did you have to pay visa fees again?

Kindly guide and share feedback

Once a case has been transferred to Embassy/Consulate from NVC, priority dates doesn't mean anything. Those dates only tells you processing at NVC, not Embassy/Consulate. You should have contacted them after 3 months instead of waiting for them to contact you.

Now, your all documents are expired cuz it's been years, so now they are asking for documents again. It's NVC rule that if processing is pending from your behalf and you do not contact them within one year, your visa fees lapses. However, your case was transferred to Embassy, so I am not sure if that rule is applicable with Embassy as well. If it is applicable, you'll need to pay all visa fees again. But it's really unlikely cuz visa fees are paid to NVC not Embassy. You should better submit documents ASAP and see if they ask for visa fees again.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Once a case has been transferred to Embassy/Consulate from NVC, priority dates doesn't mean anything. Those dates only tells you processing at NVC, not Embassy/Consulate. You should have contacted them after 3 months instead of waiting for them to contact you.

Now, your all documents are expired cuz it's been years, so now they are asking for documents again. It's NVC rule that if processing is pending from your behalf and you do not contact them within one year, your visa fees lapses. However, your case was transferred to Embassy, so I am not sure if that rule is applicable with Embassy as well. If it is applicable, you'll need to pay all visa fees again. But it's really unlikely cuz visa fees are paid to NVC not Embassy. You should better submit documents ASAP and see if they ask for visa fees again.

I contacted embassy several times after the interview and they only replied that "at the moment your priority date is not current, Please check again later". I even asked for my passprt back in 2012 for travel purpose and returned it in oct 2013.

At the time of our first interview we paid the visa fees at the embassy.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I contacted embassy several times after the interview and they only replied that "at the moment your priority date is not current, Please check again later". I even asked for my passprt back in 2012 for travel purpose and returned it in oct 2013.

At the time of our first interview we paid the visa fees at the embassy.

The procedure in your case seems to be quite different than how did it go for us. Because our fees were submitted to NVC and our case was transferred to Embassy/Consulate as per priority dates.

Well, I'll recommend just go with the flow, do as Embassy said.

Edited by SomeBody

AOA all i want to ask if i am doing job some where and now i am selfemplyed .should i inform the embassy or i should inform when i resubmit my new ds230 expire?how job is important in our catgry CR1?

which opinion you agree friends?

1- Name check is one of them, for DC related clearance or like they call it Security Advisory Opinion, there are several agencies involved
The number of checks to be ticked off completely varies from case to case and country to country but let's say for example if there are 7 agencies and each desk takes 3 months that will be 21 months + they have some heavy backlog
You can never predict "when" "what" would happen
But the good news is you've already waited for 20 months and I have seen many males getting their visas after 2 years so you're almost there

2--

lets not put numbers there 7 agencies or 6. US government has many things to do or to spend 20 months on an immigrant. Sure there are security checks, in most cases, I would say95%, Once they determine the applicant is not in wanted list - has never been into the US, security check is DONE! They don't have time to check deep and deep. If its a family base petition then they make sure its legitimate this part takes few circles. APs in bad situations MUST be completed within 12 months and they do. Over that its all applicants fault, depends on the case. documents missing - wrong document sent - false information being passed by the applicant, these are the main facts . After 12 months the petitioner can involve the congress man/woman and IF again none of the facts above are exist then good to go in few weeks visa will be granted. Sometimes when DOS detects a missed part from the applicant, they wait and wait and when you call or email or your congress man/woman gets involved they reply by saying ''oooh we have requested this and was waiting for applicant's response'' there are people '' case workers'' who are in power (silently) not that they are doing any incorrect action... They just look at the picture and say ''ooooh this can wait'' and that is 9-12 months...so . here is the breakdown

Lucky AP journey - within 3 months

Not Lucky AP journey - within 6 months

UN-Lucky AP journey - within 9 months

0-Luck AP journey - within 12 months

Then legal action is congress man and woman

Personal experience and people in this forum can ditto on these breakdowns .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.