TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I heard somewhere that they take less time if female is beneficiary as compare to male .But i feel in my case this is wrong because its already more then 3 months and no contact from there .Every day i check my email and keep my phone on full volume that i might get call from them today.But days are passing without any email or call. I miss my husband every day.

has your case update date changed in CEAC since your interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i am waiting for my second interview call our case was reaffirmed in august 2013 and embassy received in the month of sept 2013 since then when we send mail our date change other wise no date change. i wonder will they contact me next month or not.right now no hope.

I was interviewed in August 2012 and my case started to update on September 5th 2013 till September 12th 2013. Since then there has been np update!

When did they ask you to submit the passport? or was it with them all this time?

it was with them all the time.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was interviewed in August 2012 and requested my passport back in November 2012. My case started to update on 5th September 2013 till 12th September. They called me on 11th September to submit passport ASAP and I did that but since then no update.

it was with them all the time.

I was interviewed in August 2012 and requested my passport back in November 2012. My case started to update on 5th September 2013 till 12th September. They called me on 11th September to submit passport ASAP and I did that but since then no update.

inshallah you will get it soon, are you a k1 applicant?

Timeline

inshallah you will get it soon, are you a k1 applicant?

I always used to think that we should have applied for a K1 instead of getting married & filing I-130 but after seeing your case it seems that it also takes around 2 or more years...i have a friend who got married with me but didnt declare her marraige & instead applied for a k1 &her husband came within a year and i m still waiting since 2 years....but i am very scared of hiding any truths....i even told USCIS that we met online....although my friend told me to tell them that we r family friends.....Do u think thats why its taking sooo long....

Also tell me pls u r male and a beneficiary or petitioner????

Carolyn and Ebbas u also tell us which one is better k1 or I-130...coz somebody has asked me...

Timeline

Just now I got a reply of my email to the embassy and an update ofcourse...they say they have received our documents and it will take from 4 to 5 weeks to review them....that means whole month of december :( and i was hoping to spend this christmas holidays with him....anywayz...Allah ki jo marzi...ham to aajiz banday hain....bas dua karsaktay hain....pls members pray for me....i also pray for everyone here....

Ahmadjutt let us know when they review ur docs...

Zinger what happened with u next...it still says issued??? & did u get ur passport in mail???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just now I got a reply of my email to the embassy and an update ofcourse...they say they have received our documents and it will take from 4 to 5 weeks to review them....that means whole month of december sad.png and i was hoping to spend this christmas holidays with him....anywayz...Allah ki jo marzi...ham to aajiz banday hain....bas dua karsaktay hain....pls members pray for me....i also pray for everyone here....

Zinger what happened with u next...it still says issued??? & did u get ur passport in mail???

i will let u know all when i get reply from embassy, yes they take 4-5 week for review but dnt worry just pary it can come early also

Timeline

I really don't know which is better K-1 or I-130. With I-130 you can use a co-sponsor if needed. K-1 petitions seem to move through USCIS faster. Also I-130 petitions never expire so if your visa is denied you can appeal and not have to file a new petition.

In our case I-130 was the way to go. We needed a co-sponsor. Our visa was denied and we were able to appeal. All together we have spent almost 4 years in AP but our petition will never expire. If they were to deny our visa again we could appeal again.

I didn't want to pay over $1,000 for the adjustment of status fee that comes after getting married with the K-1 either.

Our last update was November 11th a few days after they received new documents from us. Thanks for letting me know it can take 4-5 weeks for review.

I always used to think that we should have applied for a K1 instead of getting married & filing I-130 but after seeing your case it seems that it also takes around 2 or more years...i have a friend who got married with me but didnt declare her marraige & instead applied for a k1 &her husband came within a year and i m still waiting since 2 years....but i am very scared of hiding any truths....i even told USCIS that we met online....although my friend told me to tell them that we r family friends.....Do u think thats why its taking sooo long....

Also tell me pls u r male and a beneficiary or petitioner????

Carolyn and Ebbas u also tell us which one is better k1 or I-130...coz somebody has asked me...

Lagirl i think K1 one is easier to get as far as i have seen K1 applicants because most of the k1 applicants get their visa either on the spot or they got put on AP for a year or so. i saw few K1 applicants whose case was denied twice. protest6wz.gif

Just now I got a reply of my email to the embassy and an update ofcourse...they say they have received our documents and it will take from 4 to 5 weeks to review them....that means whole month of december sad.png and i was hoping to spend this christmas holidays with him....anywayz...Allah ki jo marzi...ham to aajiz banday hain....bas dua karsaktay hain....pls members pray for me....i also pray for everyone here....

Inshallah you will spent your christmas with your hubby. i really don't take embassy very serious based on my experience, my Medical expired in sept and embassy didn't bother to ask for new medical report. but our congressman who we involved last month bc we wanted to know whats up with our case. Congressman got a reply from embassy that i should submit my MR ASAP. i didn't believe congressman as i wanted to have something from embassy, my fiance email the embassy 3 times and all the time we got the same reply that its in AP and stuff. i asked few folks here on VJ and they advised me to get my medical and send them ASAP, i got the MR and send them on 28th of oct and my case started updating after 3Nov and on 20th it says issued. good.gif

but i haven't gotten my PP back i called them twice but Amex said they haven't got it yet from embassy. i asked my fiance to call DOS this morning and they said congrats and that its in the final stages and theyre close to being done but he does not know when we will received it but it should be soon.

Now i just have to wait for my packet im hoping to get it this week inshallah protest6wz.gif

Timeline

two months ago the embassy requested new Ds 230 medical and pixs today they called and asked for DS 260 and two new 2X2 photos... Embassy is weird, My wife emailed them twice and they gave same reply about all documents that were updated two months ago are fine. on Nov 19 they told us to stop emailing and to refer to the previews email.. lol and then on Nov 25 they gave me a call today and also updated our date.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

female beneficiary?

how much time u spend in this AP?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.