TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Kaleem999,

This is our second time in AP. The first time we spent 16 months in AP and our visa was denied. We appealed and won and our case was sent back to the embassy. This time we have spent 18 months in AP so far. It is very hard to see people that interviewed in 2013 get their visas so fast while old cases like mine continue to rot in AP. Everyday I ask God for strength and courage to wait all these years for my husband to get his visa.

Be strong Kaleem999. We are here to support you and help you with your pain.

My prayers are with you and your husband.. Im sure God has a beautiful life in store for you! InshaAllah patience will pay!

btw just wanted to knw if the act of putting in AP is simply the prerogative of the VO!? I mean, my bro too had a siilar common Muslim name and more or less the same education/work experience as me, we're engineers. I am truly worried not only abt me but abt other possible scenarios like patients waiting in AP in critical condition. there's a delicate balance between securing frontiers and being inhumane...

i suggest to smehow apprise the white house/dos abt this state of affairs, though im sure its been done before but probably thru newspapers/media or by making a documentary we could create more awareness...

The least they cn do is increase manpower since human resource seems to be bery inefficient and reckless at the consulate mixing up and jumbling cases.

Daewoo Pakistan is run in a more organised manner. Atleast they dnt misplace your cargo! ;)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear carolyn

I have one problem more i dont khnow u have any idea or knowledge about this.

My catagory is F2A child of lpr under 21 age

At the time of interview my age under cspa was 19 years old and now under cspa my age is 20 years and 2 months.so my question is

that i have only 10 months under this law cspa or no my age was locked at interview.

What u saying guys

Kaleem999,

This is our second time in AP. The first time we spent 16 months in AP and our visa was denied. We appealed and won and our case was sent back to the embassy. This time we have spent 18 months in AP so far. It is very hard to see people that interviewed in 2013 get their visas so fast while old cases like mine continue to rot in AP. Everyday I ask God for strength and courage to wait all these years for my husband to get his visa.

Be strong Kaleem999. We are here to support you and help you with your pain.

hi kaleem bhai can u tell us how they deniel fst time why they do it?

no update... i guess a month is too early for AP to complete even fr a j1 visa.. they'll ruin another semester..! :/

I was wondering though.. it took abt 3.5 months for my 1st AP to finish, if it approx takes the sane time, and I have my visa by March 2014' will That visa be valid for travel in August 2014!? I mean how long is a visa valid.. My I20 letter will have August as reporting date at the university...

I hope im not made to reappear for an interview and go thru the same hell for the THIRD TIME...

Carolyn, LAgirl, patienguy.. folks can u help!?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fulbrighter 2013,

I love the way youre determined and why not? Everyone is about the future. But i guess everyone should be prepared for AP, especially us in Pakistan.

So to say, if they were so worried about our future and everyones' frustrations, they would be issuing visas as per the required or estimated time. But, the time of the processing exceeding the limit of one's patience shows they dont give a rat's of our future or how frustrated everyone is.

So you suggest we make our voices heard and make them realize? They already know everything but they dont care. Inefficiency is not the only reason for the long APs. God knows what it is. Maybe just the way they work. And totally agree, i've read on this forum about people having to resubmit documents cuz the embassy lost em. Daewoo surely doesnt lose your cargo xD

And from what i observe, i guess you applied for a student visa, i dont know the types. But for whichever degree they issue the visa i think you can travel in the next month(as my friend did when he applied for his bachelors degree in chicago. He was issued a 5 year visa). But your passport should be valid. It shouldnt be expiring within the next 6 months of your travel.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

At the time of interview my age under cspa was 19 years old and now under cspa my age is 20 years and 2 months.so my question is

that i have only 10 months under this law cspa or no my age was locked at interview.

What u saying guys

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What u saying guys

ur age is as it was under CSPA calculations on the day of the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.