TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part II

5,188 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The $165 is to process your green card. You can pay it after you arrive in the USA. You have 1 year to pay it.

The USCIS website states that this has to be paid before you depart for US. Can you share the source for your advise?

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The information I gave comes from other visa journey members that have gotten their visas and also a friend who paid the fee after her husband got here.

Hello Carolyn,

Maybe you can answer my question since you seem to really know a lot about this process. We have been in AP for almost 6 1/2 months and today we received an e-mail from the embassy that our Administrative processing is done and in order to complete the processing of our case we need to drop off the following As soon As possible at the embassy.

* Passport

* New Medical Exam

Now my question is that our medical exam is only 6 1/2 months old and as far a I know aren't the medical exams good for 1 year. If you can please give me some Input into this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Myra

Our K1 Process

USCIS – Approved in 218 days

Sept. 05,12: Sent I-129F Petition
Sept. 10,12: Notice of Receipt (NOA1)
April 16,13: I-129F Petition Approved (NOA2)

NVC - 2 Days
April 22,13: NVC Received
April 24,13: Case left NVC: Destination Kabul, Afghanistan

Consulate - 251 days
April 29,13: Case Received by Embassy of Kabul, Afghanistan
May 13,13: Received Packet 3 (Interview date and Medical letter)
May 21,13: Medical
May 29,13: Interview and Placed on AP

Dec. 12,13: Embassy asked for Passport and a New Medical

Dec. 30,13: Submitted Passport and New Medical to Embassy

Jan. 02,14: Visa Status changed to ISSUED

Jan. 05,14: Picked up VISA

Feb. 19,14: POE (LAX)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

WHich state are you in? Who is your senator?

IL ......... CHICAGO. BRO TODAY UPDATE HAPPEN AFTER 6 DECEMBER TO CHANGE 13 DEMCEMBER LETS SEE WHAT WILL BE HAPPEN I THINK SENATOR OFFICE MAKE AN INQURY THAT WHY ......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Myra,

The medical is supposed to be good for 1 year. You could email or call the embassy to see if they made a mistake asking for a new medical.

The embassy just sent my husband an email asking for a new medical and I knew that wasn't right. I had my senator's office email them and the embassy wrote back and said his medical was good until March 24, 2014. I don't have the money to spend on medicals that are not needed. Please contact your embassy and question them about the medical.

Timeline

faisal213 please explain yourself more. The embassy emailed me and said my husbands medical was good for 1 year.

The embassy has been calling people to see if they can fly to the USA before their medical expires. My good friend's husband was in AP 8 months and they issued his visa. He had to fly before his medical expired and he got to Michigan 2 weeks ago.

Please explain where I can find that the medical is only good for 6 months.

Timeline

I made myself cry today. I was checking the ceac website and it said my case had been sent back to NVC. I read the case numbers again. I had put in 1 number wrong and got somebody elses case. I feel sorry for that couple but I was so happy to see that my case was still in AP.

Timeline

today my date change before it was 6 december today its change to 13 december .but today i request to senator for inqury thats why thay change today.

Do u know at which time ur date changed?

n i dont think senator make inquiry that much quick or emabssy responded to his inquiry so quickly, it can take atleast 2 days. so i think date changed by itself.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do u know at which time ur date changed?

n i dont think senator make inquiry that much quick or emabssy responded to his inquiry so quickly, it can take atleast 2 days. so i think date changed by itself.

dear brother it change arund 9 o clock. but my senator lady is very nice .last time when my wife call her she take good interest .and told her she will make inqury as soon as possible..she also told they take time espacialy very carefull about pakistan for issue visaes.i m also not sire she make inqury already or change atomatically

Timeline

today my date change before it was 6 december today its change to 13 december .but today i request to senator for inqury thats why thay change today.

Mark Kirk office is awesome.. They do inquire within same day as far as you go them ll the paperwork needed for the inquiry.

Timeline

Mark Kirk office is awesome.. They do inquire within same day as far as you go them ll the paperwork needed for the inquiry.

waitinnng any update on ur case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.