Bibi and Beebti

I-751 January 2013 still waiting??!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

HI everyone,

We filed in January 2013 (details in signature) at Vermont center. Recently (October) received an RFE to provide Police Clearances because my biometrics failed twice. We sent them in and they were received 2 weeks ago.

Anyone experience a similar RFE and how long did you wait before receiving your card or an interview? We're really worried about too long delays, we're trying to travel out of country for Christmas and it seems we may have to cancel our travels sad.png

what kind of turn-around can we expect after RFE response...does anyone have experience with Police Clearance RFEs? are other january filers still waiting? it's been so stressful waiting and not being able to travel, and looks like we won't have x-mas either ClockWatch2.gif

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

HI everyone,

We filed in January 2013 (details in signature) at Vermont center. Recently (October) received an RFE to provide Police Clearances because my biometrics failed twice. We sent them in and they were received 2 weeks ago.

Anyone experience a similar RFE and how long did you wait before receiving your card or an interview? We're really worried about too long delays, we're trying to travel out of country for Christmas and it seems we may have to cancel our travels sad.png

what kind of turn-around can we expect after RFE response...does anyone have experience with Police Clearance RFEs? are other january filers still waiting? it's been so stressful waiting and not being able to travel, and looks like we won't have x-mas either ClockWatch2.gif

Why are you not travelling? You have an expired GC with a one year extension. Why not use it? The only issue will be if the airlines are not trained very well and do not know about the extension letter, but most major international air carriers know that with the ORIGINAL extension letter and the expired GC, you will be admitted back into the US. Also, if it comes to you being within 90 days of your third year as a LPR, file for Naturalization so it will force them to make a decision on the ROC.

You can travel.

Dave

Sorry to hear you are still waiting! I'm an April 2013 filer and already at my wits end waiting for my RFE to be responded after I had submitted almost 2 months ago. My 60-days is up this Saturday so I may have to resolve to getting a service request.

Responses to RFEs varies. If you look at the handful of April filers with RFEs, it appears they have received approvals within 2 weeks or so and a card about 2 weeks after that.

So if all goes well for you, you can expect to hear back from USCIS soon. But if you're like me, you may have to wait 60 days.

With that said, the extension letter should be proof that your PR is still valid - yes there may be hiccups experienced by some but I think that is rare.

Just make sure you carry with you the expired GC, an extension letter and a valid passport. Go on your vacation. Good luck!

HI everyone,

ROC Journey:

4/24/13 - Submitted I-751 application

4/26/13 - I-751 officially filed

6/11/13 - Biometrics done

8/14/13 - Rec'd RFE

9/21/13 - Submitted RFE response

9/23/13 - RFE response rec'd at VSC

(about 2 months later)

11/21/13 - Service request via Tier 1 submitted

12/11/13 - Response to service request rec'd - vague info about processing times

12/12/13 - Service request via Tier 2 submitted

12/10/13 - APPROVED!!! (letter rec'd 12/14/13)

12/16/13 - 2nd Service request response rec'd

12/17/13 - Card production email/text rec'd (online case updated)!

12/24/13 - Notification rec'd via email regarding card mailed on 12/23/13 (online case updated as well)

12/26/13 - 10-yr card rec'd!

One thing I have learned on this journey:

There is no such thing as an "overkill" evidence package. Submit anything and everything you can. Who knows what will prevent you from getting an RFE.

January 2012??? Almost two years ago? Jesus!

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I file my I-751from January 2012,and still waiting.

Wow, Im really sorry to hear that! Haven't you filed for your Naturalization yet though (N-400) ? you should be eligible. We're going to file for sure in January even if we don't hear from USCIS Re I-751.

We've noticed a lot of people hear did that- file their N-400- were approved and still haven't received word about their I-751.

K1 timeline
- K1- I-129F filed.....09/December/2009
POE: New York.....23/June/2010- temporary employment stamped into passport
GOT MARRIED =) .....04/August/2010

AOS timeline
- Filed AOS,EAD, and AP all together.....11/September/2010
- EAD received .... 11/November/2010
- AP in hand 14/December/2010
- AOS approved 01/April/2011
- Greencard in hand 09/April/2011

Removing Conditions

- Filed I-751..... 21/January/2013

- Received NOA- Conditional Status extended for one year.....28/January/2013

- NOA failed Biometrics - re-scheduled for a 2nd time in August (GRRRR).....15/July/2013

- 2nd Biometrics.....08/August/2013

- RFE-Fingerprints non-readable TWICE -need to provide police clearances......17/October/2013

- APPROVED- Finally- no interview, or further RFE's. Submitted request through Ombudsman early January. Approval 15/January/2014

Naturalization

- Filed N-400....15/March/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.