Zach Rogers

READY? ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS? OPEN?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went for the interview with my fiancé in the Philippines on October 30. They needed a follow-up document verifying her previous married name and NBI (National Bureau of investigation ).We gave that to them the next day and have been waiting ever since. At first it stated administrative process, then ready, and today it went back to administrative process again! When my fiancé called last week they said they were issuing the visa and that they did not need any other follow-up documentation and that everything was fine!

However the fact that it went back to administrative process and was noted that that could take a few weeks it makes me concerned. Our wedding is planned for 30 November and we have already paid in advance and have over 100 people showing up!

Any feedback on time lines would be great!

I went for the interview with my fiancé in the Philippines on October 30. They needed a follow-up document verifying her previous married name and NBI (National Bureau of investigation ).We gave that to them the next day and have been waiting ever since. At first it stated administrative process, then ready, and today it went back to administrative process again! When my fiancé called last week they said they were issuing the visa and that they did not need any other follow-up documentation and that everything was fine!

However the fact that it went back to administrative process and was noted that that could take a few weeks it makes me concerned. Our wedding is planned for 30 November and we have already paid in advance and have over 100 people showing up!

Any feedback on time lines would be great!

You may have to postpone the wedding. It's the only thing you can control in this matter, as the visa will be issued when it is issued. There is nothing you can do to speed it up. The back and forth between administrative processing and ready status is common however for those visas issued in 7-10 days. It will be tight though, and, yes, the fact you had to submit additional documentation may prolong that.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

We were told that this happens all the time with this document... And that it usually takes between 7 to 10 days! Well, it's been 20 days and nothing yet! I'll give it till Friday and if no "ISSUED" is there I will have to eat the $10g's spent on the wedding;(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's been told time and time again but these people fail to realize you don't get visa so easy like that all the time. If they get approve they don't know if their case is going into AP or not. Soon as they get that appointment they go make all these arraignments and put all this money down on deposit and then they don't get the visa when they expect it. Then who loses. They need to read those instructions that was giving to them not to make travel plan not to quit jobs and etc. Somebody post something like this everyday everg week. When will they learn.

Keep it Real

Timeline

Sometimes just a little sympathy is what's needed! We gave ourselves ample time and a cushion in case things didn't pan out perfectly and I guess we were just off? You are probably right that the best thing to do is follow the instructions that they give you in the next steps for the visa. We'll just have to move the date for the wedding!!

Timeline

BOOM!!! Just came back ISSUED! From READY to AP to ISSUED!! Wee!

Anyone know how long till the passport with visa shows up?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

My post wasn't specifically for you alone. There are many, many people who come on here in a panic because they bought plane tickets, planned weddings, quit jobs, gave notice on their lease.......and they didn't get their visa when they were planning on it. Maybe if we say this enough times we won't see people coming on here in a panic.

congratulations on the approved visa, someone from the philippines can give you better information about how long it takes to receive it.

Timeline

mine took 2 business days before i got it. Congrats!!

SgBcm5.png

K1 - FIANCE VISA                                                                                           ROC - I751

05.20.2013: Sent K1 Visa Application                                                              01.31.2017: Sent ROC application

05.24.2013: NOA1                                                                                           02.10.2017: NOA1 dated Feb. 3                                                                                 

09.24.2013: NOA2                                                                                           03.03.2017: Biometrics notice received  (Mar. 17)

10.23.2013: NVC letter received                                                                      01.26.2018: Received approval letter (Date of Decision: 01.22.2018)

11.04.2013: Medical done                                                                                02.07.2018: Status: New Card being produced

11.12.2013: Interview Approved                                                                      02.14.2018: Received GC but status still "New Card Being Produced"

11.19.2013: Visa in hand                                                                                 N400 - Natuzalization

12.26.2013: Hello America!                                                                              02.22.2018: Apply online  

AOS, EAD & AP                                                                                               02.24.2018: Online Status: Biometric was Scheduled"

04.19.2014: Sent Application                                                                            03.15.2018: Biometric Scheduled (early walkin (03.06.2018)

04.27.2014: Received text & email application was received                           12.21.2018: Email and text notice for scheduled interview

05.25.2014: Biometrics done                                                                             01.31.2019: Interview

07.12.2014: EAD & AP combo card received                                                    02.19.2019 : Oathtaking ceremony

08.04.2014: Received "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case"                     

04.21.2015: Status - "Carp produce - Approved - No interview

05.01.2015: Received GC

*************************** GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME *********************************

Timeline

My post wasn't specifically for you alone. There are many, many people who come on here in a panic because they bought plane tickets, planned weddings, quit jobs, gave notice on their lease.......and they didn't get their visa when they were planning on it. Maybe if we say this enough times we won't see people coming on here in a panic.

congratulations on the approved visa, someone from the philippines can give you better information about how long it takes to receive it.

You are right, wait for the VISA first before making plans.

SgBcm5.png

K1 - FIANCE VISA                                                                                           ROC - I751

05.20.2013: Sent K1 Visa Application                                                              01.31.2017: Sent ROC application

05.24.2013: NOA1                                                                                           02.10.2017: NOA1 dated Feb. 3                                                                                 

09.24.2013: NOA2                                                                                           03.03.2017: Biometrics notice received  (Mar. 17)

10.23.2013: NVC letter received                                                                      01.26.2018: Received approval letter (Date of Decision: 01.22.2018)

11.04.2013: Medical done                                                                                02.07.2018: Status: New Card being produced

11.12.2013: Interview Approved                                                                      02.14.2018: Received GC but status still "New Card Being Produced"

11.19.2013: Visa in hand                                                                                 N400 - Natuzalization

12.26.2013: Hello America!                                                                              02.22.2018: Apply online  

AOS, EAD & AP                                                                                               02.24.2018: Online Status: Biometric was Scheduled"

04.19.2014: Sent Application                                                                            03.15.2018: Biometric Scheduled (early walkin (03.06.2018)

04.27.2014: Received text & email application was received                           12.21.2018: Email and text notice for scheduled interview

05.25.2014: Biometrics done                                                                             01.31.2019: Interview

07.12.2014: EAD & AP combo card received                                                    02.19.2019 : Oathtaking ceremony

08.04.2014: Received "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case"                     

04.21.2015: Status - "Carp produce - Approved - No interview

05.01.2015: Received GC

*************************** GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME *********************************

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.