14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey my fellow VJ members,

My hubby and I are submitting our petition this Friday November 22, 2013 and I just have a couple question.

1) I have filled up the I-130 and G-325A Forms online, however in the name section for me I have a hyphenated first name and no middle name. Should I leave the middle name blank or put n/a or none in that field? ( I know this question sound a little silly but just want to be sure). FYI guys I am still using my maiden name as I am unable to switch my passport at this time as I have a valid b2 visa that am currently using. I will however switch my passport to my married name right before my interview in Kingston, Jamaica.

2) In the social security line the online form will not allow me to put none or n/a. Can I just print it blank and write None using a black ink pen?

3) In terms of the cheque for our petition, my hubby misplaced his cheque book and it's going to take up to a week for Chase Bank to produce a new book we can't wait. Would it be better to have Chase bank give us a Counter Cheque or a Cashiers Cheque?

Thanks for you help:-)

Timeline

I also forgot to add that my hubby and I are thinking about taking our own Passport Style photos (with a professional camera) and just have them printed at a CVS Pharmacy. Would you recommend this or is it an bad idea?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For your middle name you have to put none or they will just think you might have forgotten to write it in.....you can use the certified bank check..as for the pic i would recommend you get it done professionally as you do not want something simple putting you application on hold.

good luck on your journey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hi,

Can I put on form g-1145 my email address and my hubby's phone number? and write the petitioners name ? it shouldn't be any problem right?

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Timeline

For your middle name you have to put none or they will just think you might have forgotten to write it in.....you can use the certified bank check..as for the pic i would recommend you get it done professionally as you do not want something simple putting you application on hold.

good luck on your journey

Hi Extreme Happiness,

Thanks so much for your reply, you have been of such great help. I have been trying hard to convince my hubby to get the photos professionally done but he happens to think it is a waste of money, they are $12 each for 2 photos for both of us. I will have to try my best to convince him to let us just go take them at CVS, lets hope I get through to him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My hubby and I are submitting our petition this Friday November 22, 2013 and I just have a couple question.

1) I have filled up the I-130 and G-325A Forms online, however in the name section for me I have a hyphenated first name and no middle name. Should I leave the middle name blank or put n/a or none in that field? ( I know this question sound a little silly but just want to be sure). FYI guys I am still using my maiden name as I am unable to switch my passport at this time as I have a valid b2 visa that am currently using. I will however switch my passport to my married name right before my interview in Kingston, Jamaica.

2) In the social security line the online form will not allow me to put none or n/a. Can I just print it blank and write None using a black ink pen?

3) In terms of the cheque for our petition, my hubby misplaced his cheque book and it's going to take up to a week for Chase Bank to produce a new book we can't wait. Would it be better to have Chase bank give us a Counter Cheque or a Cashiers Cheque?

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Timeline

Hi VJ Experts,

I'm piggy-backing on Patra& Ricardo question about using her maiden name. I got married in October and applied for our Marriage Certificates 2 weeks later. I have since adopted using my married name along with my new signature, but only on documents that are non-official, as I cannot really do anything without the marriage certificate as proof.

My question is, would I have to change my Passport (which I have a B2 visa using for travel) to show my married name in preparation for my interview when that time comes, or I can still submit the one I'm using with my maiden name, and they would issue the Green Card in my married name?? I'm just asking the question now so I can be prepared to do what is required before that time comes. We are planning to file in January (I'm the beneficiary) so I've started to do all the ground work from now, so that when each step comes, we are prepared.

Thanks much.goofy.gif

event.png

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Timeline

You are welcome...you know men...they can be very stubborn but we ladies know exactly how to get what we want..

Lol they definitely can be. Oh I forgot to ask you what I should do about the social security line? Should I print it out blank and use my black ink pen to write none in because while filling it up on the computer I am only allowed to use numbers in the field.

Thanks again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You are talking about ss# for you right....you could neatly write none in the box... The last I-130 i filled out i did it manually so i never had that problem....but you are right to make sure i have everything covered i would write it in

Timeline

You are talking about ss# for you right....you could neatly write none in the box... The last I-130 i filled out i did it manually so i never had that problem....but you are right to make sure i have everything covered i would write it in

Yes hun, I was talking about social security # for me. I will just print it as is and write none. Thanks again for all your help:-)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Timeline

I guess I will have to ask my question in another forum. Thanks.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.