Tang

DCF London on Limited Leave to Remain

13 posts in this topic

Hi all :) New here and so greatful for the resource and experiences.

Question:

I am a US Citizen with a Limited Leave to Remain residence permit for the UK and my LLR expires in January 2008.. I moved to England in June of 2005, was married to my husband in England in Sept 05. We had our first son in October 2006.

My husband and I want to move to the US as soon as possible to be close to my family. I'm seeing that DCF would be the fastest way to process our application, but I've seen in some places that if the petitioner is on a LLR visa, the petition should be directed to the USCIS office under the jurisdiction of the state I was from before I moved here (Nebraska).

Am I correct? Or could I approach the USCIS office in London and ask kindly if they would process our application instead of having to wait for international post and longer processing times? Has anyone else done this?

Thank you for your help!

theresa

• January 15 2005 - Met Online through HotorNot.com (haha, I know)
  • April 17th 2005 - Met Face to Face
  • April 24th 2005 - Got Engaged!
  • June 21st 2005 - Theresa Moved to England on Fiance Visa
  • September 3rd 2005 - Married in Harrogate, UK
  • January 28 2006 - Limited Leave to Remain Granted
  • October 20 2006 - Gave birth to our beautiful Son
  • January 2nd 2007 - Mailed I-130 with USCIS London
  • January 5th 2007 - Credit Card Charged for $190
  • January 10th 2007 - Notice of Reciept of Petition
  • January 20th 2007 - Received 7 boxes to fill and send on the slow boat
  • February 2nd 2007 - Signed lease for our house in the US
  • February 28th 2007 - Moved out of our house to stay with Parents until we leave!
  • March 2nd 2007 - Flight cancelled due to Blizzard Conditions in Minneapolis!
  • March 3rd 2007 - We entered the US in MPLS with Visa Waiver for 2 Months
  • March 26th 2007 - I-130 Approval Letter! Hurray!

Hi all :) New here and so greatful for the resource and experiences.

Question:

I am a US Citizen with a Limited Leave to Remain residence permit for the UK and my LLR expires in January 2008.. I moved to England in June of 2005, was married to my husband in England in Sept 05. We had our first son in October 2006.

My husband and I want to move to the US as soon as possible to be close to my family. I'm seeing that DCF would be the fastest way to process our application, but I've seen in some places that if the petitioner is on a LLR visa, the petition should be directed to the USCIS office under the jurisdiction of the state I was from before I moved here (Nebraska).

Am I correct? Or could I approach the USCIS office in London and ask kindly if they would process our application instead of having to wait for international post and longer processing times? Has anyone else done this?

Thank you for your help!

theresa

The general rule is that you need ILR to DCF, although I believe some people with LLR have had success but it is a bit hit and miss if you are accepted or not, I think that the only way to find out is to apply and see if your case is sent back with a note asking you to reapply at the USCIS office that looks after your state in the US..;

Best of luck !

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though you have a LLR, if you bring proof of your residency since 2005, I think you have a good shot of getting London to take your case... but they generally require proof of at least 2 years of residence in the UK to take the case...

But strangers things have happened... remember, you can't win if you don't play... the worst thing they can say after you present your case is no...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Even though you have a LLR, if you bring proof of your residency since 2005, I think you have a good shot of getting London to take your case... but they generally require proof of at least 2 years of residence in the UK to take the case...

But strangers things have happened... remember, you can't win if you don't play... the worst thing they can say after you present your case is no...

Thanks so much for your reply.

Even if I was to prove that I've been here since I came over in June '05.. it'd still be only 18 months.

I actually wrote a big long email to the Consulate in London asking them if they would accept my application and got an automated response saying that the message would be deleted if I hadn't been authorised to email them.. phhf!

So I guess sending it to them with my letter and maybe the acceptance of the Fiance visa I came in to the country with in June '05 might do it. We'll see!

I'll keep you posted! Thanks again.

• February 28th 2007 - Moved out of our house to stay with Parents until we leave!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Even if I was to prove that I've been here since I came over in June '05.. it'd still be only 18 months.

I actually wrote a big long email to the Consulate in London asking them if they would accept my application and got an automated response saying that the message would be deleted if I hadn't been authorised to email them.. phhf!

So I guess sending it to them with my letter and maybe the acceptance of the Fiance visa I came in to the country with in June '05 might do it. We'll see!

Actually the Consulate doesn't handle the filing of the I-130. The USCIS Office across the street does... you need to talk to them...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

or email them at london.uscis@dhs.gov

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tang

go for it. I been thru exactly the same situation. I moved here on dependent visa in May 2006, filed I-130 for my husband in Aug. and it's approved. My LLR also ends in Jan. 2008. Hurry up dont waste time.

Call for me too please

Been waiting for 9 weeks now

Sweetie

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! I just wanted to update any who were interested. We went ahead and sent the application package to the USCIS London Office and they've charged our credit card... SO!! I can only assume that means they'll be processing the application in London!

Whaaahoo!

So, I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for all your responses!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

dash ! my usc wife is on limited leave to remain in the UK too, and after swapping emails with the embassy they were non commital -

sounded like 'send it here and we will sit on it for 6 weeks and then send it back to you saying file it in nebraska'

so last monday we just filed in nebraska

I wish they would actually engage with their citizens instead of being so offhand and uncaring

I dont see why they cant decide whether they will take it or not - or at least give a strong indication without us gambling many weeks while they chew on it

I thought the US was against gambling

hum - only been 5 days and i swore i wouldnt get agitated by all these civil 'servants'

oh well -its done now...

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

dash ! my usc wife is on limited leave to remain in the UK too, and after swapping emails with the embassy they were non commital -

sounded like 'send it here and we will sit on it for 6 weeks and then send it back to you saying file it in nebraska'

I wish they would actually engage with their citizens instead of being so offhand and uncaring

I dont see why they cant decide whether they will take it or not - or at least give a strong indication without us gambling many weeks while they chew on it

hum - only been 5 days and i swore i wouldnt get agitated by all these civil 'servants'

oh well -its done now...

alan

What email address did you use, as I no longer get a response?

• 3 weeks later...
We have the exact same situation - my husband is here on LLR and I am a German citizen living in the UK... please post back success / failure - we're thinking of just sending i-130 to london and hoping it goes through...

I say give it a shot! From the suggestions of other VJ'ers, I thought we'd give it a go and see what happens. We've gotten our NOA1 from them via email, and I can only assume that means that they've accepted our application. I did enclose a lengthy letter with our personal situation and ask that they please take our application because time was of the essence because of our individual circumstances. Maybe that had something to do with it.. or maybe they're just taking them if we can show that we live in the UK... whatever the reason, the difference in processing times makes taking the risk worth it, I think.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

oh well -its done now...

alan

What email address did you use, as I no longer get a response?

try

USCIS, London [London.Uscis@dhs.gov]

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.