12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Issued
Application ID or Case Number: KNGxxxxxxx KNGxx Case Creation Date: 12-Nov-2013 Status Updated Date: 14-Nov-2013
Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
hello everyone thanks for the help you guys have provided me...however i checked my case today and it stated was is above....what does this mean exactly? does this mean it's printed already and soon ready for pick up....also I've heard about waiting on a email from the consulate to track it DHL is that right?

Timeline

it means you will be getting your visa within 2-3 business days..... if it was already picked up by DHL today. You can contact DHL and have them check and see if they can verify if your visa is at the main sorting center in Kingston.....only if you guys are in a rush to get the visa and immediately leave JA. You could wait for an email with the Waybill number to track. But chances are once the waybill number is posted the visa is already ready for pick up. The embassy does not generate the waybill numbers- DHL does. Once the visa is picked up by DHL, it goes to the main sorting center where the visa is entered into the CSC system and then routed to its final pickup destination.

Congratulations....you made it through Kingston Embassy.

Edited by BeanCamp

Timeline

Congratulations! We are waiting on my fiance's passport/visa to arrive at DHL; his interview was Nov. 1st but they had to make a decision about my foreign divorce decree. They had him bring his and his son's passport back in on Nov. 12th. I keep checking CEAC every day. As all ya'll have experienced, it's been a LONG time and we are more than ready to be together. :) Praying it comes sooner than later...

If ours goes like yours, I'm guessing it will take the full two weeks. This waiting is hard! :)

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

Thank you for that information.i appreciate u taking the time to let me know that , thanks alot.don't you think either way I would need the waybill number because that is what identifies my package....so how would they be able to tell me if its picked up already?

Timeline

Thank you for that information.i appreciate u taking the time to let me know that , thanks alot.don't you think either way I would need the waybill number because that is what identifies my package....so how would they be able to tell me if its picked up already?

My hubby and I were pretty anxious to see each other. So when we saw the visa was issued, my hubby started calling DHL and gave them his passport#. He is pretty insistent and was able to get the rep to check with the sorting center to confirm whether or not they picked up the visa. The day after it was issued, DHL said they didn't have it. He called the next morning, got them to check with the sorting center, and got the waybill number before it posted on CSC. Again he used the passport # to identify.

My theory is DHL enters the packet and generates waybill number which then would then feed over to the CSC system. I know data feeds, especially when its a third party - often times the exhcange takes 24 hours. So what I'm saying is you can either wait for it to post on CSC or just contact DHL directly. They may be able to provide the waybill to you before it posts on CSC. Again, we were tired of waiting- took about 12 weeks to get that visa and my hubby flew out the same morning he picked up his visa. A side note, we purchased the air ticket directly through the airline over the phone. He flew US Air and they will allow you to book 3 hours before departure over the phone. Got a one way for $300, which was tolerable.

Again most people are more patient, especially if travel isn't immediate. If you want to be reunited right away, just know you have options.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks, DHL will assign it, we did not call because we knew, once we had waybill number, it was there to track.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

So you do you still not have your visa?? I dont' understand why the Kingston Embassy is so slow! Other places let them pick it up at the embassy the next day. :( After all the blood, sweat, tears, and money we spend you'd think actually getting us the visa would be the easy part! So frustrating...

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.