Tango777

Can we send in Packet 3 without Police Report

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers - We are being told that the police report in Thailand takes up to three weeks to come back. We have everything else (I hope!)

So I think I read somewhere on here that you can send in packet 3 to the Embassy without the police report and even without the medical. Just send a note saying she will bring it to the interview? The Embassy in Thailand takes up to 2 months so we want to get in line for an interview date.

It does say this at the bottom so maybe the answer is no: I attest that I have all of the documents specified in the Instructions for Finance(e) Visa Applicants and I am prepared for my interview.

One other question, on the DS-2001 where it says Case Number (next to where she signs), do the want the case number from USCIS (EACxxxxxx) or the one from the letter from the Embasy (BNK2013xxxxxx) ?

Thanks so much for everything and everyone on here! -

Timeline

I also forgot to mention something. I did not receive anything called NOA2 in the mail. What I received was a letter from the American Embassy in BKK stating they are ready to process our K-1 and it had a web address where I could (and did) download the Packet 3 and 4 instructions. The letter had my BNKxxxx number on it. I've already done the DS-160 and she will be mailing the packet 3 either in a few days or when the police report comes.

Timeline

Thank you very much. I meant to include all my questions in one post but alas. For the I-134, I have read some of Ning's earlier posts about tax returns transcripts. I had no idea. I just now ordered them. It looks like they don't fax any longer although I'll call tomorrow. My work actually has a couple still hooked up. I was planning on sending W2's for 3 years back, print out a bank statement that has about 50K in it, and my check from the last few jobs, all pretty good pay including now. I need to hurry however because my current contract will likely end in 6 weeks. Do I really need something signed by the bank. Believe it or not the closest of my bank is 2 hours away (great job but small town). My bank will do about anything I ask since I've been a good customer over 10 years.

I'm starting to understand that the I-134 is the most or one of the most important docs. I was about ready to FedEx over the packet 3 docs to my financee but now I think I might have to wait for the IRS transcripts and bank docs? Any advice? My financial picture is pretty good over all and i really didn't give it much thought but today I read for the first time about the transcripts and bank letters. Well, lit does say on the I-134 but I figured I'd just print out a couple months of statements. Thanks very much!

Timeline

I would wait till you have your tax transcripts before you send her Packet 3. That way you can double check everything. As you stated the I-134 is very important.

If you are sending tax transcripts you do not need to send W2's.

If you do online banking you can print the main page that shows your savings, checking, mortgage, and IRA so it's all on a single page. My fiancé just had her interview 6 November at the Bangkok embassy and that's what I submitted. I printed the main page from my bank account that showed my savings, checking, mortgage, and IRA. We also submitted my tax transcripts for 3 years, and my last 2 months of pay stubs that's shows year to date earnings along with bi-weekly salary.

Just FYI during the interview the embassy wanted to see many picture of us together even though we lived together 6 month in Singapore and had both our names on a lease for an apartment. Also make sure your fiancé has either originals documents or certified copies from the Thai Government office. This is very important.

Edited by long_

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Thailand regional forum, for more country-specific input. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

If you have an IRS office in your town, you can go in and pick up the transcripts. You only need the 2012 transcript at this stage.

Additionally, you could send the P3 now and then scan the transcripts to PDF. email them to your gal. She can include them when she mails in your P3 packet to the IV unit.

Edited by slowlyman

Timeline

I also forgot to mention something. I did not receive anything called NOA2 in the mail. What I received was a letter from the American Embassy in BKK stating they are ready to process our K-1 and it had a web address where I could (and did) download the Packet 3 and 4 instructions. The letter had my BNKxxxx number on it. I've already done the DS-160 and she will be mailing the packet 3 either in a few days or when the police report comes.

NOA2 is short hand for 2nd Notice Of Action. The form number is I-797, but you will not get one from the Consulate. What you have is fine. Proceed young man.

Timeline

Thank you all. Surprisingly there is an IRS office here in this town of 100,000. I hope to make it over there today. 2012 income is a bit low, because I spent 7 months in Thailand! But it's OK and 2011 and 2010 are pretty good. Hoping the police report can come quickly, although I am hesitant to send my financee into BKK just right now because of the protests. She's in the village now getting the birth certificate and marital status. I know we should have had all this a long time ago, we had one rfe and things slowed up quite a bit but now we're on track. If she can make here even in January I'd be very happy.

Timeline

Have her get the translations right away. You;ll need it for the AOS, and it will be cheaper in Thailand. We got it all done for 200 bht.

With all the holidays coming up, Feb or March is probably a more realistic arrival time. Don;t buy your tickets yet. smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.