typo808

Super typhoon Haiyan-our payers are with you all

51 posts in this topic

A survivor's story

http://cbholganzablog.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/a-survivors-story/

I got an email this morning that Rebtel is offering free calls to Philippines until the 18th for those trying to check on friends and family

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Saw the coverage on tv and I know it doesn't even begin to touch the devastation suffered by the people of the Philipines. My heart goes out to all of those affected...thoughts and prayers being sent your way. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sagkahan area of Tacloban, where up until 2 months ago, my wife and kids lived

Before:

photo_zps81eb344b.jpg

After:

a2e17453-1396-4e82-9194-bd68dd6c8c1e_zps

Before:

photo_zps81eb344b.jpg

After:

Unreal it looks like the Tsanumi pictures

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Before:

photo_zps81eb344b.jpg

After:

Wow, it's things like this that makes it so chilling. Thank god you got your wife and kids out of there just in time. But I'm sure it's still emotionally hard to see something like that.

Thankfully my fiance's family is all in the Metro Manila area and unaffected. But, with 20 typhoons hitting every year, that's no guarantee something like this won't come again, and further up north. My fiance will be leaving in December, and, in my book, can't be soon enough.

We were in Coron at this time last year, a first class tourist town, another area in the direct path of Haiyan. One of the tourist attractions of Coron is the giant cross on top of Mt. Tapyas, which happened to be the destination of our very first evening together (in picture below). It's gone now.

post-149904-0-36874100-1384234571_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Does anyone have any good news to report on this? Has anyone had recent contact with friends or relatives from the affected area?

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

Does anyone have any good news to report on this? Has anyone had recent contact with friends or relatives from the affected area?

In tacloban it is pretty grim. My wife was finally able to contact a friend yesterday there as cell service is being restored. Her family that was in Tacloban survived, though with some injuries, and are staying in Samar. It was good they left right away, as it is not a good scene in Tacloban at the moment.

Electricity isn't expected to be restored anytime soon.

What is needed the most in the short term: water, food that doesn't require water or cooking, topical medicines, bandages & antibiotics, and body bags.

Timeline

Wow, it's things like this that makes it so chilling. Thank god you got your wife and kids out of there just in time. But I'm sure it's still emotionally hard to see something like that.

Thankfully my fiance's family is all in the Metro Manila area and unaffected. But, with 20 typhoons hitting every year, that's no guarantee something like this won't come again, and further up north. My fiance will be leaving in December, and, in my book, can't be soon enough.

We were in Coron at this time last year, a first class tourist town, another area in the direct path of Haiyan. One of the tourist attractions of Coron is the giant cross on top of Mt. Tapyas, which happened to be the destination of our very first evening together (in picture below). It's gone now.

We also have fond memories of Coron from our stay there 2 years ago.

Good news one of the wife’s cousins traveled back to Biliran, family and extended family are ok. Some of the homes lost roofs and sustained other damage, no power or cell communications, the hospital lost 50% of it's roof and needs fuel for the back up generators. They are desperately asking for help, food and water is needed as well. One of the sad parts of this out come, what shops that survived are now gouging people.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Good news one of the wife’s cousins traveled back to Biliran, family and extended family are ok. Some of the homes lost roofs and sustained other damage, no power or cell communications, the hospital lost 50% of it's roof and needs fuel for the back up generators. They are desperately asking for help, food and water is needed as well. One of the sad parts of this out come, what shops that survived are now gouging people.

Wow, after looking at the map I was pretty worried about your family. We're happy to hear the good outcome for you and your loved ones.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

I apologize to all I offended. My "intentions" were not to offend anyone. Yes, I used a poor choice of words and wrote a sentence which I should not have wrote. My error!

Man I understood you.The Pinoy way is to smile and be happy even when you are not sure what you may eat tomorrow. It's the nature of the people I Love.

You have no choice but to laugh, because crying does no good. I understand.

My fiancee works in Kuwait but is from Cebu, she just finally got ahold of her mom this morning and found that all of her family is ok.

07/19/2011 - Met while we were both working in Kuwait

03/18/2013 - I left Kuwait at the end of my contract and returned to the States

07/19/2013 - Got engaged!

09/24/2013 - Mailed in the I-129F packet to TSC

10/01/2013 - Received NOA-1

11/05/2013 - Received NOA-2

12/02/2013 - NVC receives the paperwork

12/03/2013 - Case number assigned

12/06/2013 - Case shipped to embassy

12/29/2013 - Case received by embassy

01/02/2014 - Interview scheduled for January 15th

01/07/2014 - Medical exam

01/11/2014 - Interview pushed back to January 22nd

01/22/2014 - Had the interview, was put into AP pending more documentation

01/26/2014 - Visa approved!

03/18/2014 - She entered USA

04/04/2014 - Married!

05/01/2014 - Filed AOS

05/09/2014 - AOS NOA

06/05/2014 - RFE for tax returns I didn't have when we filed

07/06/2014 - Biometrics appt in STL

08/13/2014 - The dreaded NPIW letter

04/25/2015 - E-mail notification of Green Card Approval!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.