Cam&jada

Question regarding proof of on-going relationship

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'll start out by saying again how great this forum is. I have tried to call the help-line and as I'm sure many of you know, it's not much help at all! Almost impossible to even talk to a person.

I have a question as I work on the I-129F and showing proof of the ongoing relationship. We have communicated daily mostly via Viber (an app that allows chat and calls), Facebook, and Skype. My question is, what is the best way to show proof of that? After exporting the conversations and call history from Facebook, Viber and Skype, and editing them to be a smaller print and in two columns, I still have nearly 500 pages of conversations. Should I print that and send it all? I'm thinking that might be a detriment since I know we want to make it as convenient as possible for the people that approve things, but does anyone have any insight as to how I would want to handle this?

Also, if we really are only able to communicate online and through calls and video, are there other things I might be missing to show that we have an ongoing relationship? I could show the few conversations I've had with her siblings, and receipts from gifts I've sent her if those would help.

Thanks!

Oh, and one other question. On the I-129F Supplement page I needed to have a few things on it. There wasn't room for my fiancee's address, so I had to include that twice, and then I have 34 a. regarding how we met. My question is if I should put all of the supplemental answers for this form on one page or should I put the part of how we met in person on a separate page by itself?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I'll start out by saying again how great this forum is. I have tried to call the help-line and as I'm sure many of you know, it's not much help at all! Almost impossible to even talk to a person.

I have a question as I work on the I-129F and showing proof of the ongoing relationship. We have communicated daily mostly via Viber (an app that allows chat and calls), Facebook, and Skype. My question is, what is the best way to show proof of that? After exporting the conversations and call history from Facebook, Viber and Skype, and editing them to be a smaller print and in two columns, I still have nearly 500 pages of conversations. Should I print that and send it all? I'm thinking that might be a detriment since I know we want to make it as convenient as possible for the people that approve things, but does anyone have any insight as to how I would want to handle this?

Also, if we really are only able to communicate online and through calls and video, are there other things I might be missing to show that we have an ongoing relationship? I could show the few conversations I've had with her siblings, and receipts from gifts I've sent her if those would help.

Thanks!

You don't need to submit the proof of ongoing relationship at this stage but it does not hurt to front load your petition especially if the beneficiary is from a country where there is a high rate of visa fraud. For the I-129f stage all USCIS is asking is proof of meeting within the last two years.

If you are submitting Facebook or Skype chats, don't submit everything. Hand picked a few, those that shows a loving relationship between both of you. Other things you can submit are gift receipts, email logs, pictures of you together (including pics of you and her family), greeting cards. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, and one other question. On the I-129F Supplement page I needed to have a few things on it. There wasn't room for my fiancee's address, so I had to include that twice, and then I have 34 a. regarding how we met. My question is if I should put all of the supplemental answers for this form on one page or should I put the part of how we met in person on a separate page by itself?

This is how I did ours... on 34a I typed: First meeting xx-xx-xxxx. Second meeting xx-xx-xxxx. See attach paper marked as I-129f. Then on the attach paper I dated it and explained how and when we met as well as how our relationship started. Then I signed it at the end. Just a small paragraph .

Edited by geff44

Ok. I wasn't clear on that I guess. But can you clarify a little more? If I submit the information about our ongoing relationship now, will I need to re-submit it again later on? Or will it be there already for when they do want it? It sounds like it's best to send it now, even though they don't ask for it.

And thanks for the example of what they want with how we met. But I'm still not clear on if it needs to be on it's own separate page, or of it should be on the same page that the other information that wouldn't fit in the form is on?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

At this stage they do not need proof of ongoing relationship, what they do need is proof that you have met in person in the 2 years prior to filing the petition. This is done using Primary Evidence (passport stamps and boarding passes of plane trips are the best things to use as primary evidence). You can supplement this with Secondary Evidence (photos of the two of you together, for example). Some samples of your Viber, Facebook, and Skype conversations can be used at the Embassy Interview stage as proof that you are maintaining a serious relationship.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

At this stage they do not need proof of ongoing relationship, what they do need is proof that you have met in person in the 2 years prior to filing the petition. This is done using Primary Evidence (passport stamps and boarding passes of plane trips are the best things to use as primary evidence). You can supplement this with Secondary Evidence (photos of the two of you together, for example). Some samples of your Viber, Facebook, and Skype conversations can be used at the Embassy Interview stage as proof that you are maintaining a serious relationship.

That makes sense. Thanks!

I was reading through some threads and saw one that mentioned getting notorized letters from people verifying that we did in fact meet. I have the passport and plane tickets, along with hotels and a few receipts from my trip over there, so would it be wise to get the notorized letters too?

Chat logs are secondary evidence, I did not submit them with I-129F. Planning to take it to the interview.. NOA2 got approved without RFE!

I submitted boarding passes, itinerary, visa page and passport stamp

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

You don't really need the notarized letters as long as you have the other kinds of evidence. Can you get them? Sure. Are they important? I would say not really.

Some VJers will say to load up on evidence, but as long as you have what is requested, you should be good to go without sending in extra paperwork.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Thanks. I won't worry about the notorized letters then. I am telling myself that we have enough information to prove that we met. I have my passport stamps, I have receipts from the hotels that we stayed at, I have the receipts from the plane tickets that we bought, I have the itineraries from our plane trips, I have some receipts from ATM withdrawals while in the Philippines, and I have the boarding passes of me when I went home from Manila.

The one thing I don't have that makes me a little nervous is my boarding passes from when I flew to the Philippines. Will having just the return flight and flights while we were there be enough?

You need to send picture of you and your fiancé, and write on the back : who is on the picture, when, where, what was the activitie.

You can ask someone (family or friend) to write that they see both of you in the same time (same room). dont need to be certified.

One think is good to do, Keep a copy of every thing, you will maybe dont need it but it's better to have just in case.

Linda

Timeline

I think the evidence you have will be fine. :)

I'll second the suggestion to keep duplicates of all the copies. Don't send originals of the boarding passes, only copies. The only originals they want are the forms and the Letters of Intent.

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.