scubagirl

K1 Visa - "Other names used" in I-129F and G325a

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancé (who is the petitioner) is a performer and uses a stage name, that is different from his legal name. Both the I-129F and G-325A have sections for other names used. Should he include his stage name and/or attach a supplement explaining this. The stage name is not used in any legal documents just theatrical credits and programs and emails etc...

It says on the I-129F to write other names that are used. Do they mean names that are legally used or names that are used for example, in our case, a stage name?

We are concerned about this because when we hand in our proof of relationship, his name( emails etc) is under his stage name. It makes me wonder that the USCIS will not understand why he is using other names. If I can have some detailed info this, that would help us a lot!! Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I think that you don't have to write the stage name on the form, since it is not something that he uses to get a plane ticket, ID, etc. Just my opinion.

If I were you, I would provide documents that shows that is his stage name, along with the email threads you are going to send in. Something like flyers and posters for his shows from the past would work? Or something from the organization he belongs to; production company or something.

At least, that's what I would want to see, if I were the examiner at uscis;)

Good luck!

Ai

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Timeline

Yes I concur. The only names relevant are legal names.

As neko said, you can provide supporting documents that show that the name in the emails is his stage name.

But in my opinion, email, chat logs, etc are not very significant proof of relationship and I would go as far as consider taking them out of the application and not worry about the stage name at all.

I definitely overdid the evidence of a relationship when applying for the K-1 visa. I even included a receipt for a coke in narita airport but didn't include any emails (I did include Birthday, Christmas, etc cards). And a lot of the extra stuff I had included really slowed us down in the Tokyo Embassy. We were second in line when they opened but it took hours for them to get to us probably since they had to go through all the useless stuff I had included.

Anyhow your call whether you want to include the stage name poster, emails, etc, but there's no need to write the name in the forms.

Edited by Yagisama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I would agree that Other Names is in regards to legal name changes, like the ones you have when you marry. A stage name is not a legal name.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

anyone have an advice on this??

Legal names, not pet names.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Hey guys My name is tony and im new to this site. I had a few questions my fiancée and I have just started filling out our forms. For the Letter of intent form and for the 325 A forms I was told that her signature cannot be zeroxed. I emailed her the form and she printed it out to sign her name in pen then send me a copy. Will that be a problem?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think, it would depend on who will resolved your papers. Because some will be okey but some won't agree with this letter and this G-325A form.

But maybe they would ask you if they need the other one have to get her real signature! Don't worry!

Good luck to you! Wish you get approved soon!

Edited by MandyandTimmy

13 Sep 2013: Sent I-129F to USCIS

30 Sep 2013: Received receipt number (SRC- Texas service)

11 Oct 2013: Alien registration number was changed

28 Oct 2013: I-129F was approved

2 Nov 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

7 Nov 2013: USCIS sent petition to NVC

14 Nov 2013: NVC sent case number via email

18 Nov 2013: NVC sent petition to consulate in HCMC

20 Nov 2013: Case status on CEAC_ Ready, and waiting for Instruction package.

29 Nov 2013: Got the Instuction Package (Package 3).

6 Dec 2013: Sent the package 3 to U.S Consulate.

11 Dec 2013: The U.S Consulate got the package 3.

BnpBp7.png

nEu6p7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Signed documents (the G-325A and the Letter of Intent to Marry) must be originals, which means the beneficiary must print and sign them, and send them to the petitioner to be added in with the full I-129 Package.

Many recommend that the signatures be done with blue ink as to confirm they are originals.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

I think that you don't have to write the stage name on the form, since it is not something that he uses to get a plane ticket, ID, etc. Just my opinion.

If I were you, I would provide documents that shows that is his stage name, along with the email threads you are going to send in. Something like flyers and posters for his shows from the past would work? Or something from the organization he belongs to; production company or something.

At least, that's what I would want to see, if I were the examiner at uscis;)

Good luck!

Ai

Hi Ai! Thanks again for your advice! The more we go over the forms, we find little bits of this and that we become uncertain about. Maybe we're over thinking it.... but always good to have some advice from "SENPAI" VJ'ers! Hoping to send our I-129F the first week of Nov. ahhh,,,,, FINALLY our Visa journey begins... :)))

Timeline

Yes I concur. The only names relevant are legal names.

As neko said, you can provide supporting documents that show that the name in the emails is his stage name.

But in my opinion, email, chat logs, etc are not very significant proof of relationship and I would go as far as consider taking them out of the application and not worry about the stage name at all.

I definitely overdid the evidence of a relationship when applying for the K-1 visa. I even included a receipt for a coke in narita airport but didn't include any emails (I did include Birthday, Christmas, etc cards). And a lot of the extra stuff I had included really slowed us down in the Tokyo Embassy. We were second in line when they opened but it took hours for them to get to us probably since they had to go through all the useless stuff I had included.

Anyhow your call whether you want to include the stage name poster, emails, etc, but there's no need to write the name in the forms.

Hello Yagisama! Thanks for your advice and your experience with the Tokyo Embassy! This helps me a lot!

I totally understand what you mean by overdoing the evidence of the relationship...

We're having a bit of a challenge on what we should and should not include. Like our texting that exceeds over 400 pages(which we def will not include the whole things), restaurants receipts, bunch of pics etc. ect.ect.ect.ect....... I feel like my heads gonna explode!

But we're gonna try and keep it simple, just our passport stamps/boarding passes/pics/couple of our texts.....

Timeline

I would agree that Other Names is in regards to legal name changes, like the ones you have when you marry. A stage name is not a legal name.

Hi SparklePony! Thanks for your advice! We're hoping to send all the docs very soon! Hope everything is going smoothly at your end as well!

Timeline

Hey guys My name is tony and im new to this site. I had a few questions my fiancée and I have just started filling out our forms. For the Letter of intent form and for the 325 A forms I was told that her signature cannot be zeroxed. I emailed her the form and she printed it out to sign her name in pen then send me a copy. Will that be a problem?

Hi Tony. SparklePony is right. ALL documents must be printed and signed by a pen.

Timeline

Hello Yagisama! Thanks for your advice and your experience with the Tokyo Embassy! This helps me a lot!

I totally understand what you mean by overdoing the evidence of the relationship...

We're having a bit of a challenge on what we should and should not include. Like our texting that exceeds over 400 pages(which we def will not include the whole things), restaurants receipts, bunch of pics etc. ect.ect.ect.ect....... I feel like my heads gonna explode!

But we're gonna try and keep it simple, just our passport stamps/boarding passes/pics/couple of our texts.....

Hi scubagirl! Here is a copy and paste of a recent post I made with some links for preparation for the Tokyo embassy in case there is anything helpful there. Anyhow the interview was very quick and they even asked me to join and asked some very basic questions. It lasted only ~15 minutes.

Here are my old posts regarding my experience at the Tokyo embassy.

This is the checklist I used. The main embassy web site seems to have moved but the checklist is still there.

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-kchecklist.html

I started filing all the paperwork right after we got the NOA2. I probably jumped the gun but it ended up working for us. I made the appointment myself (from the US) and I traveled to Tokyo and we did the interview together.

Tokyo US Embassy information here

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301540-tokyo-us-embassy-information-here/?hl=+ds#8208156=&page

Getting a head start on post NOA2 activity

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/296798-getting-a-head-start-on-post-noa2-activity/?hl=%2Bds%26%238208156

Timeline

Hi scubagirl! Here is a copy and paste of a recent post I made with some links for preparation for the Tokyo embassy in case there is anything helpful there. Anyhow the interview was very quick and they even asked me to join and asked some very basic questions. It lasted only ~15 minutes.

Thanks so much Yagisama for all the great information! Wow! I didn't know interviews are that short! My fiance is planning on coming to jpn for the interview, I'll have to let him know about this :)

Edited by scubagirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.