MFC87

Islamabad embassy not helpful

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I called NVC today and got a confirmation that the file had left the NVC and they gave me the case number. I checked it online and it says that the case is "ready" ready for the interview. I haven't even received the packet 3.5. So, I asked my fiancee to call lsamabad embassy to find out whether they have received the file and let them know that we haven't received the packet 3.5. She spoke to someone and that person wouldn't check our status, he didn't even take the case number. He just said go to the same website where you checked your status and send an email inquiry from there. It doesn't even make sense. Live person won't help and from reading other people's status, it takes them weeks to reply to the email. It is sad. Anyone with the similar experience or know what to do in this situation?

Thanks,

MFC87

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

why not call DoS Hotline, inquire for casefile status?

If the casefile has been opened by the IV Unit, then you can do more stuff at the IV Unit .

Without the casefile opened by the IV Unit? The IV Unit not care about you.

Please call DoS Hotline, inquire for casefile status, then report back here.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

U should get email soon if not then send them email they will reply you.. usually it takes a week to 2 weeks keep checking ur inbox

I sent them email anyway, hopefully I will hear something soon

Timeline

I received packet 3.5 email today

thanks for your help

That's good told u ;) now b ready after sending documents u will get date for interview after like 25days keep us updated

Timeline

That's good told u wink.png now b ready after sending documents u will get date for interview after like 25days keep us updated

They changed the forms, no more 156, 157 etc

here is what I got:

DS-160 mandatory requirement for all K Cases

K1/K3 Instruction Packet 3.5 Electronic Version

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to announce that we have received your K1/K3 visa file. The next step is to gather together your documents and send them by courier to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Please follow the instructions below:

1- Electronic Visa Application Form

Please complete the DS-160 electronic visa application form - https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. After the form has been submitted, you will be able to print out a confirmation page showing your photo and a barcode. This confirmation page must be submitted to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

2- Civil Documents

The following civil documents are required. Please note that you will need to submit an English translation for all documents. You must also submit one photocopy of each original document.

· Original Birth Certificate with English translation and one photocopy.

· Marriage Certificate for any current or prior marriages (if applicable), English translation and photocopy.

· Divorce/Death Certificates for any prior marriages (if applicable), English translation and one photocopy.

· Police certificate(s) from any country (except U.S., Pakistan, Afghanistan and India) where you are currently living or have lived for more than one year after the age of 16.

· 2 visa photos against a white background, measuring 2x2 inches. Please note that photos must be natural and not cropped. We highly recommend that all applicants review our photo guidelines to make sure the photos are correct before submitting them to the Immigrant Visa Unit. (Please right click here for more information on photos.)

· Photocopy of the first two passport pages for each applicant. It is particularly important that we have a photocopy of any pages listing your personal information (name, date of birth, place of birth) and showing your photo. Please do not mail your passport to the Immigrant Visa Unit – instead, you will need to bring it with you to the interview.

3- Affidavit of Support

All K1 and K3 visa applicants must submit an Affidavit of Support (form I-134) along with the petitioner’s latest U.S. federal tax returns. If the petitioner is unemployed or has a low income, the applicant should find a joint sponsor who will be willing to complete an I-864 Affidavit of Support. The joint sponsor will also need to submit proof of their U.S. status (such as a copy of their U.S. passport, naturalization certificate or green card) and their most recent federal income tax returns. The I-134 and I-864 forms can be downloaded from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

Once you have gathered together all the above-mentioned documents, please send them to the Immigrant Visa Unit through our courier service. The location of our official couriers throughout Pakistan can be found on the following link: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/courier_services.html. Applicants living outside Pakistan should submit their documents through any reliable courier service such as Federal Express, DHL, UPS, etc. to: Attention: Consular/Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Embassy, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, Islamabad, Pakistan.

After the documents are received at the Immigrant Visa Unit, we will review the file. If all the required items have been submitted, we will schedule you for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and send you an appointment letter. You will then need to use the appointment letter to schedule a medical examination appointment at one of our designated panel physicians.

4- Medical Examination Report

Once you have received the appointment letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit, please schedule an appointment with one of the Embassy’s designated panel physicians for the mandatory medical appointment. All individuals immigrating to the U.S. must have a medical examination, regardless of age. The list of panel physicians and information about the examination process is available at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/medical-exam.html. When the examination report is complete, it will be given to you in a sealed envelope to bring to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. Please do not open the envelope.

On the day of your interview at the Embassy, please make sure to bring the following items with you to the appointment:

· Your valid passport and all previous passports (if any)

· The visa application fee

· Evidence of your relationship to your fiancée (such as photos, emails, letters, phone bills, remittance receipts, etc.)

· The sealed medical examination report

We hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us via web based email at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact-information/visa-inquiries.html if you require any further inquiry.

Thanks & best regards

U.S. Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, it's about time they shifted over. Yay !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

They changed the forms, no more 156, 157 etc

here is what I got:

DS-160 mandatory requirement for all K Cases

K1/K3 Instruction Packet 3.5 Electronic Version

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to announce that we have received your K1/K3 visa file. The next step is to gather together your documents and send them by courier to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Please follow the instructions below:

1- Electronic Visa Application Form

Please complete the DS-160 electronic visa application form - https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. After the form has been submitted, you will be able to print out a confirmation page showing your photo and a barcode. This confirmation page must be submitted to the Immigrant Visa Unit.

2- Civil Documents

The following civil documents are required. Please note that you will need to submit an English translation for all documents. You must also submit one photocopy of each original document.

· Original Birth Certificate with English translation and one photocopy.

· Marriage Certificate for any current or prior marriages (if applicable), English translation and photocopy.

· Divorce/Death Certificates for any prior marriages (if applicable), English translation and one photocopy.

· Police certificate(s) from any country (except U.S., Pakistan, Afghanistan and India) where you are currently living or have lived for more than one year after the age of 16.

· 2 visa photos against a white background, measuring 2x2 inches. Please note that photos must be natural and not cropped. We highly recommend that all applicants review our photo guidelines to make sure the photos are correct before submitting them to the Immigrant Visa Unit. (Please right click here for more information on photos.)

· Photocopy of the first two passport pages for each applicant. It is particularly important that we have a photocopy of any pages listing your personal information (name, date of birth, place of birth) and showing your photo. Please do not mail your passport to the Immigrant Visa Unit instead, you will need to bring it with you to the interview.

3- Affidavit of Support

All K1 and K3 visa applicants must submit an Affidavit of Support (form I-134) along with the petitioners latest U.S. federal tax returns. If the petitioner is unemployed or has a low income, the applicant should find a joint sponsor who will be willing to complete an I-864 Affidavit of Support. The joint sponsor will also need to submit proof of their U.S. status (such as a copy of their U.S. passport, naturalization certificate or green card) and their most recent federal income tax returns. The I-134 and I-864 forms can be downloaded from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

Once you have gathered together all the above-mentioned documents, please send them to the Immigrant Visa Unit through our courier service. The location of our official couriers throughout Pakistan can be found on the following link: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/courier_services.html. Applicants living outside Pakistan should submit their documents through any reliable courier service such as Federal Express, DHL, UPS, etc. to: Attention: Consular/Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Embassy, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, Islamabad, Pakistan.

After the documents are received at the Immigrant Visa Unit, we will review the file. If all the required items have been submitted, we will schedule you for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and send you an appointment letter. You will then need to use the appointment letter to schedule a medical examination appointment at one of our designated panel physicians.

4- Medical Examination Report

Once you have received the appointment letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit, please schedule an appointment with one of the Embassys designated panel physicians for the mandatory medical appointment. All individuals immigrating to the U.S. must have a medical examination, regardless of age. The list of panel physicians and information about the examination process is available at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/medical-exam.html. When the examination report is complete, it will be given to you in a sealed envelope to bring to the Embassy on the day of your appointment. Please do not open the envelope.

On the day of your interview at the Embassy, please make sure to bring the following items with you to the appointment:

· Your valid passport and all previous passports (if any)

· The visa application fee

· Evidence of your relationship to your fiancée (such as photos, emails, letters, phone bills, remittance receipts, etc.)

· The sealed medical examination report

We hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us via web based email at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact-information/visa-inquiries.html if you require any further inquiry.

Thanks & best regards

U.S. Embassy

Immigration Visa Unit

Islamabad, Pakistan

That's good not like before just give them watever they ask for inshALLAH everything will be fine...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.