anxiousfiancee

Travel within US territory while AOS pending with stopver in Japan

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It s always best to do your own research as you found out. What happens if the plane has a mechanical failure and you are routed to Australia for example, I would wait for your AP, its always the unknown that will get you.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

Even i i don't leave the airport??

Yes, The moment you set foot on foreign soil, in this case Japan, you will not be allowed to re-enter the United States. You need a visa to enter the US, your K-1 visa visa is already used - you have no legal means to enter the US without that AP document. Your only option here is to rebook your flight or not go to Atlanta.

There are multiple daily flights between Guam and Honolulu, and then Honolulu to the mainland.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rebooked my flight to guam-sfo-atl then atl-ny-hawaii-guam. Both my parents and my older sister are there and they wanted me to come visit them instead of them coming here since that would be more expensive. They weren't even able to come for my wedding so i would really like to see them as soon as i can. I hope the flight i got won't pose any problems anymore. Wish me luck. Thanks again.

Rebooked my flight to guam-sfo-atl then atl-ny-hawaii-guam. Both my parents and my older sister are there and they wanted me to come visit them instead of them coming here since that would be more expensive. They weren't even able to come for my wedding so i would really like to see them as soon as i can. I hope the flight i got won't pose any problems anymore. Wish me luck. Thanks again.

All domestic flights. You won't see an immigration line. Have a good trip!

You do not need your NOA to travel within the United States, you need to carry your passport though.

It might be more complicated because they are leaving Guam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam#Transportation_and_communications

However, due to the Guam and CNMI visa waiver program for certain countries, an eligibility pre-clearance check is carried on Guam for flights to the States.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It might be more complicated because they are leaving Guam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guam#Transportation_and_communications

Guam is a U.S. territory, the passport has the visa in it should and stamp showing entry date. Customs/Border Patrol are the ones that told me that traveling within the USA & its territories the immigrant has to carry their passport at all times until they receive the green card or EAC/AP card. I will go by what CBP states.

Waiver programs refer to selected countries that the U.S. always easy entry.. which the Philippines is not one... and is not related to their situation being she is already IN the USA.

What is concerning is the stopover in Japan.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for the concern Hank. I've rebooked my trip so the stopover in japan no longer applies. I really appreciate all the advice. Hope i don't encounter any problems traveling within the US. :)

Guam is a U.S. territory, the passport has the visa in it should and stamp showing entry date. Customs/Border Patrol are the ones that told me that traveling within the USA & its territories the immigrant has to carry their passport at all times until they receive the green card or EAC/AP card. I will go by what CBP states.

Waiver programs refer to selected countries that the U.S. always easy entry.. which the Philippines is not one... and is not related to their situation being she is already IN the USA.

What is concerning is the stopover in Japan.

What I was referring to is you said that it is not necessary to carry the NOA. So what is necessary to exit Guam? Just the passport and I-94? But what if the I-94 is expired? Will they care?

I don't know how precisely this Guam-to-U.S. check works. It's possible that they only check that you didn't enter Guam using the special Guam/Northern Marianas visa waiver program, and as long as you didn't enter on that, then they don't care about your status otherwise. Then what you said would be right; they don't need the NOA. But if they check whether you have legal status, then they would need the NOA.

Check your booking. There are no non-stop flights between Guam and SFO. You must be stopping somewhere. Hopefully it is Hawaii.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What I was referring to is you said that it is not necessary to carry the NOA. So what is necessary to exit Guam? Just the passport and I-94? But what if the I-94 is expired? Will they care?

I don't know how precisely this Guam-to-U.S. check works. It's possible that they only check that you didn't enter Guam using the special Guam/Northern Marianas visa waiver program, and as long as you didn't enter on that, then they don't care about your status otherwise. Then what you said would be right; they don't need the NOA. But if they check whether you have legal status, then they would need the NOA.

For USC a passport is not needed at all to flight between the U.S. and Guam, so in essence it isn't needed in this case either, BUT if CBP asks the visa holder for their passport they best have it. Point being it is not needed the same as for clearing immigration's/custom's... only needed to prove legal right to be in the USA.

I have lots of family in Guam, Iif I go visit I don't need a passport, they don't need a passport to come to the USA.

The I-94 being expired is not a issue either with the K-1, my wife and I passed through CBP check points here many times after her I-94 was expired, if CBP was concerned they could jump on the computer or phone and check her A # it would show she is legal to be in the USA.

Hope that made sense... I was getting dizzy... :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi everyone. Since my sis did my booking for me, it turns out i was mistaken. All delta flights from guam to mainland have a layover in japan. I will be using miles so cant use any other airline. Guess i'm stuck here in guam for now. :( just wanted to post this in case anyone will have similar concerns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.