347 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

:o! Everyone is getting their NOA2!!! :D Great! I hope I am as lucky!!! :P

I've seen people that shipped their application and get their NOA1 only a coupple of days before me!!! :o! I might be getting mine soon too? :D I would hope so. xD!

Grats to you all! I am happy for you. goofy.gifgood.gif

Hopefully my NOA2 will come this monday or so.... ClockWatch2.gif

Naturalization Journey: 

- January 25th, 2019 - Filed N400 form online [Seattle,WA office]

- January 25th, 2019 - NOA1

- January 26th, 2019 - Priority Date

- February 2nd, 2019 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

- February 20th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- August 29th, 2019 - Interview Scheduled! [October 7th, 2019 in Portland, OR]

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

- October 25th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

- November 6th, 2019 - Oath Ceremony [in Portland, OR]

Guys i've been wondering like,

so once our K1 is approved and we marry our fiancé/e's in the US, how long do we have to apply for AOS? I know we have to be married within the 3 months but am I right in thinking there's no limit on the AOS? like we of course SHOULD file ASAP, and we can't leave the US during that time? Or am I wrong? xD

Just wondering because I can't help but think that if we have to apply for AOS during the 3 months like, it seems like we have to worry/rush more? and I want to get settled in and not worry first y'know what i'm sayin? XD

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Timeline

Guys i've been wondering like,

so once our K1 is approved and we marry our fiancé/e's in the US, how long do we have to apply for AOS? I know we have to be married within the 3 months but am I right in thinking there's no limit on the AOS? like we of course SHOULD file ASAP, and we can't leave the US during that time? Or am I wrong? xD

Just wondering because I can't help but think that if we have to apply for AOS during the 3 months like, it seems like we have to worry/rush more? and I want to get settled in and not worry first y'know what i'm sayin? XD

For what I understand, you file AP before you even get married. This AP will ONLY work while you are in the K-1 visa though, you would need to re-file once you do get married.

*EAD allows your to work (will need to reapply every year until your AOS application is approved). AP allows you to leave the country on a vacation / trip while your AOS application is being processed.

But yes, you can apply for AOS as soon as you get married (still has to be within the 90 days) with the EAD and the AP. Before you file the AOS, there is NO way they can know you actually got married. So, if you don't file it with in the 90 days, you might be considered as an illegal alien.

Hope this is somewhat helpful?

Naturalization Journey: 

- June 7th, 2019 - Case Transfered [somewhere] Estimated completition time Dec 2019 (4 months) 

** July 24th, 2019 - Checked websites Estimated completition time Aug 2019 [???] (1 month) 

- October 7th, 2019 - Interview [Approved!] Scheduled for same day Oath which was later cancelled... 

For what I understand, you file AP before you even get married. This AP will ONLY work while you are in the K-1 visa though, you would need to re-file once you do get married.

*EAD allows your to work (will need to reapply every year until your AOS application is approved). AP allows you to leave the country on a vacation / trip while your AOS application is being processed.

But yes, you can apply for AOS as soon as you get married (still has to be within the 90 days) with the EAD and the AP. Before you file the AOS, there is NO way they can know you actually got married. So, if you don't file it with in the 90 days, you might be considered as an illegal alien.

Hope this is somewhat helpful?

Thankyou Mari that was very helpful ^^ :D

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I just got an E mail from USCIS stating that my petition has been approved.dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif Thank you Jesus for your blessings. I feel so overwhelmed at this point. heart.gifheart.gifheart.gifheart.gifjest.gif

Congratsssss dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Wow... it's 1:15pm .. Out of the movies..(The Best man holiday) and saw this..

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On November 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

File sent: October 1st 2013

NOA1: October 8th 2013

Alien change: October 25th 2013

NOA2 : November 15th 2013

Congratulations to you bothsmile.pngdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Timeline

Sooo exciting to see some of us got our NOA2 already!!!!dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

As for me and the rest of us lets pray and wait for our NOA2 patientlygood.gif

Timeline

Sooo exciting to see some of us got our NOA2 already!!!!dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

As for me and the rest of us lets pray and wait for our NOA2 patientlygood.gif

Yes!! We have to wait, hopefully there will be some good news next week for us! :D

By the way, and this is just an advice... xD Right besides the "Quote" button, there is a "Multiquote" that allows you to reply to several people on the same post, you just select all the ones you want answer. :P

Anyway :) It's Sunday already.... maybe tomorrow has a few surprises for us! :)

Naturalization Journey: 

Timeline

Yes!! We have to wait, hopefully there will be some good news next week for us! biggrin.png

By the way, and this is just an advice... xD Right besides the "Quote" button, there is a "Multiquote" that allows you to reply to several people on the same post, you just select all the ones you want answer. tongue.png

Anyway smile.png It's Sunday already.... maybe tomorrow has a few surprises for us! smile.png

Yes!! i believe this week we will receive our NOA2 yes.gifyes.gif

oops8rh.gifheadbonk.gif Thanks for the hint. Now i know tongue.pngtongue.pnglaughing.giflaughing.gif

Timeline

Yes!! i believe this week we will receive our NOA2 yes.gifyes.gif

oops8rh.gifheadbonk.gif Thanks for the hint. Now i know tongue.pngtongue.pnglaughing.giflaughing.gif

:D Awesome! :)

-----------

Weeeee :) a new week....

Let's see what surprises it brings along for us! -Crosses fingers- ClockWatch2.gif

Anxiety is through the roof, maybe I should try to get my hopes down .... just in case. Do not want to be disappointed. oops8rh.gif

Anyway, at least it is my LAST week of classes at college, then I have my finals week and I shall be freeeee :)

Good luck to all of us! :D

Naturalization Journey: 

I'm trying to keep myself grounded and realize that this process often takes people many, many months. It's been super fast lately, but that doesn't mean it won't change just as quickly and get super slow. I'm taking deep breaths, realizing there is nothing I can do to control the situation and keeping my Zen calm.

Ha ha ha yeah right! I'm freaking out and checking the website twice a day. Of COURSE. ;)

Timeline

I'm trying to keep myself grounded and realize that this process often takes people many, many months. It's been super fast lately, but that doesn't mean it won't change just as quickly and get super slow. I'm taking deep breaths, realizing there is nothing I can do to control the situation and keeping my Zen calm.

Ha ha ha yeah right! I'm freaking out and checking the website twice a day. Of COURSE. wink.png

Yup same here! xD

The worst part is that the last update was on Nov 4th for me, and I can't help thinking that they have not touched our case ever since. And it is SO frustrating to see people who filled DAYS before me with their NOA2. I guess we have no other choice but to wait....

Naturalization Journey: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.