Gracevi

No letter received from NVC but it`s READY on my consulate ???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello VJs!!!

I am intrigued because my case was approved and sent to NVC, my fiance called NVC and they received the case and thy gave us a number. I checked on ceac.state.gov and give this message:

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: RDJXXXXXXXX RDJ Case Creation Date: 02-Oct-2013 Status Updated Date: 07-Oct-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
I e-mailed the brazilian consulate and they confirmed that they got the case there but no interview scheduled yet.
My question is...my fiance haven`t got any letter yet confirming that NVC got the process or saying that the process was sent to my consulate. And so far I haven`t got any letter too. What about the packet 3 or 4 that everybody talks about? What to expect now?
Thank you so much for your attention and support ! It`s very nice seeing everybody supporting each other!
Best of lucky to you all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello VJs!!!

I am intrigued because my case was approved and sent to NVC, my fiance called NVC and they received the case and thy gave us a number. I checked on ceac.state.gov and give this message:

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: RDJXXXXXXXX RDJ Case Creation Date: 02-Oct-2013 Status Updated Date: 07-Oct-2013

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html
I e-mailed the brazilian consulate and they confirmed that they got the case there but no interview scheduled yet.
My question is...my fiance haven`t got any letter yet confirming that NVC got the process or saying that the process was sent to my consulate. And so far I haven`t got any letter too. What about the packet 3 or 4 that everybody talks about? What to expect now?
Thank you so much for your attention and support ! It`s very nice seeing everybody supporting each other!
Best of lucky to you all!

Not sure how the Brazilian consulate works regarding interviews and such, but my fiancee' (now wife) was able to pay the visa fee at a local bank and schedule her interview (online) with the Kiev consulate, simply by having her KEVXXXXXXXXX and bank receipt numbers, even before I ever received the hard copy in the mail...

She was already in Kiev awaiting her medical and interview before Packet 3 or 4 ever arrived in her mail... The Kiev consulate website and VJ had all the information we ever needed, to prepare for her interview and medical, without her ever seeing the packets first... lol wink.png

We chose to be proactive because we had all the information we needed and waiting for the mail only would have delayed the process by probably a few weeks or more...

Good luck to you two! smile.png

Timeline

I`,m not in a rush anyway because I am still in London, I am leaving on 27th of october to Rio, i just don`t want them to schedule it before i get there!

That`s what concerns me more! It`s just 2 weeks, they won`t schedule it that fast, I hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I`,m not in a rush anyway because I am still in London, I am leaving on 27th of october to Rio, i just don`t want them to schedule it before i get there!

That`s what concerns me more! It`s just 2 weeks, they won`t schedule it that fast, I hope!

Perhaps call the consulate and explain your situation and concern... I would think they would understand and work with you, but perhaps i'm wrong.

Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interviews in Rio have been taking around 2 months to happen, so you are probably fine. You can keep in touch with the consulate to find out when they have scheduled it even if you haven't received the packet 3 yet. In our case, we were able to find out via email a couple of days after they received our file. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancee is in Rio de Janeiro. We applied for the K-1 Visa in April, it was accepted on May 7 and approved on September 11. I received the approval letter from the USCIS just days later but he has received NOTHING. We called the NVC and they don't have the case yet. Since I live in Michigan, I am hoping to get him here before it gets too cold. How longf from the time of approval until you got notification from the NVC? I'm hearing stories of people having the visa in hand in 6 months but we are there now and no visa yet. We are both ready. As for the person who said it is taking two months to get the appointment at the embassy, where did you hear that because when I emailed the embassy, I was told that it just takes a few days.

Edited by Bamellis

February 13, 2011 I met the love of my life!!

February 21, 2013 He proposed in Rio de Janeiro at Ipanema Beach Post 9!!!!!

May 1, 2013 Petition mailed to USCIS
May 3, 3013 Petition Received by USCIS
May 7, 2013 NOA 1
September 11, 2013 Text and email saying USCIS APPROVED
September 13, NOA2 received
October 10, 2013 files sent to NVC
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.
October 22, 2013 marked as IN TRANSIT
October 23, 2013 Consulate received and later that same day marked as READY
October 31, 2013 Packet 3 &4
November 27, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE!!!

December 16, 2013 FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

December 18, VISA IN HAND!!!!

Flight to USA January 15, 2014

Arrives in Michigan January 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM!!!!

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

My fiancee is in Rio de Janeiro. We applied for the K-1 Visa in April, it was accepted on May 7 and approved on September 11. I received the approval letter from the USCIS just days later but he has received NOTHING. We called the NVC and they don't have the case yet. Since I live in Michigan, I am hoping to get him here before it gets too cold. How longf from the time of approval until you got notification from the NVC? I'm hearing stories of people having the visa in hand in 6 months but we are there now and no visa yet. We are both ready. As for the person who said it is taking two months to get the appointment at the embassy, where did you hear that because when I emailed the embassy, I was told that it just takes a few days.

Hello there!

Around 6 weeks after being approved we started to call NVC, on the second time they said that they received the case and gave us a number and said that we could follow up at the website ceac,state.gov. My fiance in California haven`t got anything yet from NVC, but the consulate in Rio confirmed that they got my case there. Tomorrow I`ll give them a call to find out what can I do to schedule the interview and pay the fee.

Keep calling them! They give 6 to 8 week. You`re still in time! Keep calm! Everything will be alright!

Best of lucky for you guys! I can let you know later how was the interview!

Timeline

Hello there!

Around 6 weeks after being approved we started to call NVC, on the second time they said that they received the case and gave us a number and said that we could follow up at the website ceac,state.gov. My fiance in California haven`t got anything yet from NVC, but the consulate in Rio confirmed that they got my case there. Tomorrow I`ll give them a call to find out what can I do to schedule the interview and pay the fee.

Keep calling them! They give 6 to 8 week. You`re still in time! Keep calm! Everything will be alright!

Best of lucky for you guys! I can let you know later how was the interview!

Please do!!! Let me know how long until you have to wait for the interview if you could please!! Mg fiancée is trying to continue working and wants to give notice if possible! He wants to come as soon as possible!! It sounds like you are just a few weeks ahead of us!! I spent three weeks in Rio on August! Now I'm ready to spend my life with him! Hoping that happens soon! I miss him!! I appreciate any updates!!!

May 7, 2013 NOA 1
October 18, 2013 file received by NVC and I was given case number over the phone.

Married in Lapeer, Michigan on February 21, 2014 Exactly 1 year after we were engaged!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Bamellis, I don't know if you've seen the timelines here on VJ but California is taking forever (that is, more than a month) to send approved cases to NVC. I actually just checked the timelines and haven't seen anyone approved in September reach NVC yet. I know it's very frustrating (I'm in the same situation as you, my petition was approved on Sept 18), but I think it's going to take us at least another 3-4 weeks to find out our interview dates.

Also, I heard the US Consulate in Rio is already scheduling interviews for December, so I'd say your fiancé will probably not move to Michigan before it gets too cold. sad.png

K1 Visa in 2013

AOS in 2014

N-400 in 2015 {based on Section 319(b) INA}

:time:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We got our case numbers and were told that by midweek we will get our interview date! I'm not holding my breath but hoping that it is soon. I REALLY hoped to have my guy here before Christmas but I'm thinking I might have to wait. How is everyone here doing?

May 7, 2013 NOA 1

event.png

event.png

Timeline

We got our case numbers and were told that by midweek we will get our interview date! I'm not holding my breath but hoping that it is soon. I REALLY hoped to have my guy here before Christmas but I'm thinking I might have to wait. How is everyone here doing?

Fantastic! Now you can relax a lit bit...things are happening as you can see!!!

We still haven`t got any letter from NVC or from my embassy...but as you know they scheduled our interview...it was 2 1/2 months from the day that they got our process in Rio...so you should expect the same darling...I don`t think he will make before Christmas...sorry... but no worries, from the next year all the Christmas you will be together!

All the best for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi Bamellis,

Your first post in CEAC was similar to mine. After I received our case # with the same status "READY" and same quote content, I got my packet 3 via email after 3 weeks from Consulate. This email contains list of things to obtain and official forms issued by Consulate. This includes also your medical exam if you haven't taken it yet, police certificates, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-230, other supporting documents, etc. This is what I got here in Doha, Qatar, unless it's different there in Brazil.

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i badly need your advised as I am stressing out with the k1 process and there is no one to ask for help. :(

I actually have an approved k1 petition although I still have not received my letter of eligibility and instruction from us embassy in manila. when i tracked CEAC website its shows "ready" and an appointment for interview should be scheduled. I would like to verify if I can proceed with my interview, pay the fees and all the process without receiving the letter and pamphlet from us embassy? and do they need I need a certain document from their approval letter that i must provide in order to proceed? please please help me :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.