livindadream

Should I be concerned?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filed the I-130 petition back in May 2013 for my husband so that he can apply for the CR-1 Visa. I sign into the USCIS site from time to time and a few days ago it still stated that they received the petition on May 16, 2013 etc etc. That update was posted on May 20th and it has never changed. Today I tried to sign into the site again and I got this message:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• Your account has been locked for one of the following reasons:
    (1) Account inactivity.
    (2) Too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Could there be a glitch in the system or should I be concerned? The username and password are stored on the computer, so I know I'm not entering it wrong and I only tried once when I got the message. Has this ever happened to anyone? Also do you know of any May filers that have received the NOA2 yet? Thanks for any input.

Timeline

Ok, while resetting my password, I might have figured out why it didn't work. The site said that the passwords expire after 90 days, so that might have been it. Soooo, that being resolved....could anyone tell me if they know what month filers are getting their NOA2? It seems like it's taking forever. And as much as I love living in Ghana with my husband, I'm getting a little disenchanted with this place :/

I filed the I-130 petition back in May 2013 for my husband so that he can apply for the CR-1 Visa. I sign into the USCIS site from time to time and a few days ago it still stated that they received the petition on May 16, 2013 etc etc. That update was posted on May 20th and it has never changed. Today I tried to sign into the site again and I got this message:

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• Your account has been locked for one of the following reasons:

(1) Account inactivity.

(2) Too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Could there be a glitch in the system or should I be concerned? The username and password are stored on the computer, so I know I'm not entering it wrong and I only tried once when I got the message. Has this ever happened to anyone? Also do you know of any May filers that have received the NOA2 yet? Thanks for any input.

I also filed this petition in May 2013. I received my NOA on May 9th, 2013 and that's about it. I'm getting anxious because I miss my hubby so much. Good Luck to you

Where it All Began

2001- We were high school sweethearts

2003- I moved to the U.S.cray5ol.gif

2011- Reunited with my love while on Vacationheart.gif heart.gif

1/5/2012- He proposed I said yes luv.gif

12-12-2012- Here comes the bride...our wedding day

5/8/2013- Mailed I-130 application for CR-1

5/9/13- Priority Date

5/10/2013- Received NOA1

12/5/13 case was transferred

12/6/13 case transferred to Texas Service Center

Timeline

I also filed this petition in May 2013. I received my NOA on May 9th, 2013 and that's about it. I'm getting anxious because I miss my hubby so much. Good Luck to you

Thanks, same to you. I wish for us May filers to start getting somewhere soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks, same to you. I wish for us May filers to start getting somewhere soon!

Was your petition sent to Overland Park, Kansas or Lee Summit, Missouri? Cuz since May all I-130 have been held up at Overland Park it just opend September 28th so hopefully they will get through that logjam.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Was your petition sent to Overland Park, Kansas or Lee Summit, Missouri? Cuz since May all I-130 have been held up at Overland Park it just opend September 28th so hopefully they will get through that logjam.

dwheels, I sent it to the Chicago Lockbox. That's where the USCIS site said to send it if it was a stand alone I-130 for someone living in Massachusetts. If they forwarded anywhere else, I wasn't informed about that.

Edited by AYOsGirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

dwheels, I sent it to the Chicago Lockbox. That's where the USCIS site said to send it if it was a stand alone I-130 for someone living in Massachusetts. If they forwarded anywhere else, I wasn't informed about that.

Yes I know that. Look at our I-797C I am sure its at Overland Park.

All I-130's after May went there and before from August 15, 2012 they had went to Lee Summit, Missouri.

Heck we have January and February filers still waiting . Seems the center than was sending to individual local offices and there chaos reigned for many.

Glad to see you bacl AyosGirl.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Yes I know that. Look at our I-797C I am sure its at Overland Park.

All I-130's after May went there and before from August 15, 2012 they had went to Lee Summit, Missouri.

Heck we have January and February filers still waiting . Seems the center than was sending to individual local offices and there chaos reigned for many.

Glad to see you bacl AyosGirl.

Thanks! And geez how discouraging! It seems like a big mess!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, your I-797 will show where the petition was sent, at the bottom of the page.

As far as processing times at NBC, the VJ links appear to show they're part-way into March 2013, moving into April, via:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=1&sortby=2

Hope you hear something soon!

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Timeline

Yes, your I-797 will show where the petition was sent, at the bottom of the page.

As far as processing times at NBC, the VJ links appear to show they're part-way into March 2013, moving into April, via:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=1&sortby=2

Hope you hear something soon!

The problem is, I was in Ghana with my husband when the letter came and I had someone getting my mail for me. When they got the letter, I just had him give me the MSC number from it so that I can sign up online and keep tracking it. By time I got back to the States, the letter was misplaced so I don't even have it to look at. I called the USCIS number this morning at 8am and asked them where it was sent. After being transferred to someone I thought could tell me, they just said it was at the National Benefits Center. I said, "but aren't there several places it could be?" and they said, yes but its at the National Benefits Center. That's ALL he would say. ugh. So frustrating.

Just checked my notice... definitely says Overland Park ,KS ClockWatch2.gif ...

Where it All Began

2001- We were high school sweethearts

2003- I moved to the U.S.cray5ol.gif

2011- Reunited with my love while on Vacationheart.gif heart.gif

1/5/2012- He proposed I said yes luv.gif

12-12-2012- Here comes the bride...our wedding day

5/8/2013- Mailed I-130 application for CR-1

5/9/13- Priority Date

5/10/2013- Received NOA1

12/5/13 case was transferred

12/6/13 case transferred to Texas Service Center

The problem is, I was in Ghana with my husband when the letter came and I had someone getting my mail for me. When they got the letter, I just had him give me the MSC number from it so that I can sign up online and keep tracking it. By time I got back to the States, the letter was misplaced so I don't even have it to look at. I called the USCIS number this morning at 8am and asked them where it was sent. After being transferred to someone I thought could tell me, they just said it was at the National Benefits Center. I said, "but aren't there several places it could be?" and they said, yes but its at the National Benefits Center. That's ALL he would say. ugh. So frustrating.

If your receipt number starts "MSC" then your petition has been sent to the National Benefits Center in Missouri.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Actually, forget what I said. It could also be in the Kansas new place where petitions are just piling up. Oopsy.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

Actually, forget what I said. It could also be in the Kansas new place where petitions are just piling up. Oopsy.

hmm....When I read your first post, my face lit up....until I read this one!! lol I'm willing to bet at least 75% of us on this site would be willing to VOLUNTEER our time to help them process petitions so this could go faster!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.