2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Transfered yesterday. I called 1-800 and spoke to tier2 to know which service center, the response was Nebraska.

Hoping is fast as the Texas and California.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Transfered yesterday. I called 1-800 and spoke to tier2 to know which service center, the response was Nebraska.

Hoping is fast as the Texas and California.

Another Nebraska? What's going on, USCIS? protest6wz.gif

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'll tell you what guys. I feel like we are more likely to find people who are looking for answers as to why they were overlooked or not yet approved, than the people who are approved every day. I see that Nebraska is actively approving cases in July and considering they have barely any through August and September, I wouldn't worry so much about it. The people who did get approved in July seem to average about 60 days. And those same people, when they were transferred, took 6 months for transfers. We're here at 5 months getting transferred. I don't see why we couldn't expect approvals in 30-45 days. You can't look at high risk countries, and wonder why they are waiting longer than others, the answer should seem obvious.

On another note, I feel that if the beneficiary is a women, especially from a higher risk country, it makes the process less risky on the USCIS side. My personal thoughts.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Another Nebraska? What's going on, USCIS? protest6wz.gif

Last approval from NSC from September took 15 days from transfer to NOA2.

I think we will get it in less than 20 days after reviewing some other cases.

Filed: Timeline

Hi members,

I am October 2013 filer also. I got my notification says that my case has been transferred to my local USCIS office for further processing. The new office has jurisdiction over my case and will send me a decision as soon as processing is complete or will notified me if further information or action is needed.

So is this good news or what?????

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello guys, because of we are near to approvals and NVC processing i decided to start practicing and getting ready for further procedures which is much more difficult than it was i-130 packet. So i have some questions and i want to get confirmations if i am doing ok and not missing papers. If someone knows well about NVC procedures and can answer my quick questions please notice me, i am appreciating all respond and VJ is just awesome. Maybe this forum isn't as appropriate as another could be for my request but i am here feeling familiar and i am sure much filers from this forum are already with prepared papers for NVC procedures. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just received my third update within the past week from USCIS. They switched from "your local USCIS office" to "a USCIS office" again. At least there is activity, I guess...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys, because of we are near to approvals and NVC processing i decided to start practicing and getting ready for further procedures which is much more difficult than it was i-130 packet. So i have some questions and i want to get confirmations if i am doing ok and not missing papers. If someone knows well about NVC procedures and can answer my quick questions please notice me, i am appreciating all respond and VJ is just awesome. Maybe this forum isn't as appropriate as another could be for my request but i am here feeling familiar and i am sure much filers from this forum are already with prepared papers for NVC procedures. Thanks

I am ready to prepare for the NVC stage too. I have been looking at the steps and it just seems to be a bit tougher then the petition for the I130. Maybe its just me and Im having some brain pauses. I agree 100% we all should be practicing and getting ready for the stage. I too would love to hear if anyone else has started preparing.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Timeline

I'll tell you what guys. I feel like we are more likely to find people who are looking for answers as to why they were overlooked or not yet approved, than the people who are approved every day. I see that Nebraska is actively approving cases in July and considering they have barely any through August and September, I wouldn't worry so much about it. The people who did get approved in July seem to average about 60 days. And those same people, when they were transferred, took 6 months for transfers. We're here at 5 months getting transferred. I don't see why we couldn't expect approvals in 30-45 days. You can't look at high risk countries, and wonder why they are waiting longer than others, the answer should seem obvious.

On another note, I feel that if the beneficiary is a women, especially from a higher risk country, it makes the process less risky on the USCIS side. My personal thoughts.

It looks to be according to the spreadsheet on the transfers for NSC they have begun adjudicating September 2013 applications... OOOOOOOHHHHH our time is coming faster!!!!!!!! Slow or fast the numbers keep coming down.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

Check out this post, it answers your question smile.pnghttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/441796-faq-case-transfers-to-another-service-center/

basically, the first email you get is the electronic notification, the second is the actual mailing of the physical files to the other office, and the third is when the new Service Center has received the physical files smile.png

That is what I was thinking this morning. Thanks for the link which clarifies that! The number of emails are auto-generated by tracking mechanisms built into the system (transfer initiated, case mailed, case received) because I got another email this morning, which means my case is now in California! :)

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

CR1 Visa

Embassy: Bogota, Colombia

08/31/2013 -- Married in Colombia

USCIS

10/07/2013 -- I130 Sent
10/18/2013 -- I130 NOA1 date

03/07/2014 -- I130 transferred to California Service Center

03/27/2014 -- RFE Issued

04/15/2014 -- RFE received and info sent (resubmit Marriage Certificate)

04/28/2014 -- RFE received at CSC ("In Review")

05/06/2014 -- I130 NOA2

05/07/2014 – I130 Mailed to NVC
NVC
05-14-2014 -- NVC received
06-20-2014 -- NVC case number assigned case (AoS/IV bills received)
06-29-2014 -- AoS and IV bills paid

07-03-2014 -- AOS & IV bills in "Paid" status

07-08-2014 -- DS-260 completed

07-08-2014 -- Sent AoS and IV Packages

07-15-2014 -- AoS and IV scans

09-11-2014 -- Checklist for Police Records
09-19-2014 -- Case Complete
10-03-2014 -- Interview Scheduled
Embassy
10-16-2014 -- Medical
11-13-2014 -- Interview - APPROVED!
11-20-2014 -- VISA IN HAND!
12-02-2014 -- POE (Dulles) :dance:

I am ready to prepare for the NVC stage too. I have been looking at the steps and it just seems to be a bit tougher then the petition for the I130. Maybe its just me and Im having some brain pauses. I agree 100% we all should be practicing and getting ready for the stage. I too would love to hear if anyone else has started preparing.

I hired an immigration lawyer who did all of the paperwork and had me gather most of this documentation Day 1 (one reason I am October and not September), which I am happy has been completed. I have an email out to see if anything is missing. We have not gotten her medical or court records yet because it is too early in the process. I am going to see my wife next week so I have an email out to the lawyer to see if there are any additional items I need to get while I am in Colombia. Getting excited....and PS my file of documentation sent was about two inches thick! Of course I went loco with supporting documentation! Hahahahaha

CR1 Visa

USCIS

10/07/2013 -- I130 Sent

03/27/2014 -- RFE Issued

05/06/2014 -- I130 NOA2

NVC

Embassy
10-16-2014 -- Medical

Timeline

I hired an immigration lawyer who did all of the paperwork and had me gather most of this documentation Day 1 (one reason I am October and not September), which I am happy has been completed. I have an email out to see if anything is missing. We have not gotten her medical or court records yet because it is too early in the process. I am going to see my wife next week so I have an email out to the lawyer to see if there are any additional items I need to get while I am in Colombia. Getting excited....and PS my file of documentation sent was about two inches thick! Of course I went loco with supporting documentation! Hahahahaha

on the list of documentation did you send originals? Im wondering if I send copies like I did for the I130 petition if they will request the originals at the interview? I wont be going back to Africa until August but I am thinking that maybe way to late. I am sure with help from fellow Vj'ers I shouldn't have a problem filling out the paperwork its just the originals that I am worried about. Im waiting to see what others are planning to do.

Mr. & Mrs. Adigun

on the list of documentation did you send originals? Im wondering if I send copies like I did for the I130 petition if they will request the originals at the interview? I wont be going back to Africa until August but I am thinking that maybe way to late. I am sure with help from fellow Vj'ers I shouldn't have a problem filling out the paperwork its just the originals that I am worried about. Im waiting to see what others are planning to do.

For some things my lawyer requested originals (i.e. marriage certificate) for other things a notarized/authentic copy was valid (birth certificate). I don't remember every document, nor am I an authority on this. I am sure if you do the research you will find what the correct answer is. The reason i hired the lawyer is that I have never done this before, I don't "know the ropes" or requirements. Just tell me what I need to get, I go fetch.

CR1 Visa

USCIS

10/07/2013 -- I130 Sent

03/27/2014 -- RFE Issued

05/06/2014 -- I130 NOA2

NVC

Embassy
10-16-2014 -- Medical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm also getting all the required documents. In my case, my wife is in Colombia. I'm not sure about this, but I'm doing anyways Anyone any comments?

I'm getting two original documents for each document required. Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificates. One to send to NVC and the other to bring to the interview....in case are needed or for later

Also, i have a question.

Getting Policy Certificate "Colombia"

I don't really undertand.

If the beneficiary "my wife" "is currently not wanted by any judicial authority" why would I need "complete court records" if She is not wanted by any judicial authority?

Someone please explain or anyone submitting these kind of documents to NVC and eventually getting the interview in Colombia

Or I just need to go online www.policia.gov.co and get a print out of "pasado judicial" "criminal record"

Quote from http://bogota.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html"

"Any applicant who has a police record that states "Actualmente no es requirido por autoridad judicial alguna" (in English, "currently not wanted by any judicial authority") must bring their complete court records, along with an English translation, to the embassy on the day of their interview. Applicants who fail to bring these court records and the English translation will be required to return to the embassy for a second interview"

Colombo123...good idea on getting multiple original documents, I did the same, just in case. I can't answer the other question, my thoughts are "more is better". I am wondering if it is a bit early to get the police/medical records, I have heard there is some sort of time limit that they are valid (3 months, 6 months, I don't know). I would hate for you to get the records and have them expire. You might want to look into that.

CR1 Visa

USCIS

10/07/2013 -- I130 Sent

03/27/2014 -- RFE Issued

05/06/2014 -- I130 NOA2

NVC

Embassy
10-16-2014 -- Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.