emilchik

Does anybody have Police report translation from Russian

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi VJers.

I'm sure many of you have past that stage already.

Does anyone have a sample of the translation of the required police report (from Russian to English)? I just want to see how it should be done (of course all names and dates could be fake) before I start re-inventing the wheel.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to RUB Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I believe Moscow does not require any documents that are in Russian to be translated. Check on the Embassy website.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe Moscow does not require any documents that are in Russian to be translated. Check on the Embassy website.

They actually do require pretty much everything to be translated even though it's in Russian. I don't know why as that is not how pretty much every other embassy handles it. The only thing I can see that doesn't need translation is the relationship evidence. Pretty much every other item on the following list also says to have a translation.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-fiancee.html

In any case, you can do the translation in any way you want, making as literal a translation as possible and still have it make sense. Translate everything, including any headers, footers, titles, etc. If there are any stamps or signatures, just write "stamp of whatever agency", or "signature of so and so"

That's the way I had my birth certificate translated and I used that translation for everything having to do with the government and never had any problems.

There is no need to have it notarized or anything like that. Their site even says that you do not need a certification, but you can still put it in. It's just a line at the bottom that says:

"I, [name] am fluent in both English and Russian, and this is a complete and accurate translation of the document [whatever]", with the name, address, date, and signature of the translator. Anyone can be a translator as long as that person knows both English and Russian.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

Here's teh verbiage from the Embassy website; it answers the OP's question.

All documents not written in English or Russian must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the translation is accurate and the translator is competent to translate. In addition, U.S. Embassy Moscow requires that all Russian police certificates and military records be translated into English; these translations need not be certified.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

i've translated mine but i don't know if i've done a good job on it (eh, very specific vocab they're using there). I'm attaching it.

Police certificate_example.doc

Edited by Hollyday

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

there's a lot of discrepant information floating around on this website, and even on the moscow embassy's website (their english versions and russian versions of the same page say two different things sometimes). i would suggest the best bet is to cover all grounds possible. the police record could be looked at by the customs agent at the port of entry...meaning they don't speak every language of the foreigners that are coming through their gate. the translations are useless at the embassy (they all work in Moscow for a reason), they're more for the custom & border protection agents here in the States.

did i confuse you yet? get your papers translated. it doesn't have to be official or notarized. but it does have to be accurate.

Edited by P A U L

Timeline

there's a lot of discrepant information floating around on this website,

The former can be a true statement, as evidenced from the following statement....which is not true. That is given to the Embassy and doesn't leave there.

the police record could be looked at by the customs agent at the port of entry...

Timeline

i've translated mine but i don't know if i've done a good job on it (eh, very specific vocab they're using there). I'm attaching it.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your reply with a sample file.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi VJers.

Does anyone have a sample of the translation of the required police report (from Russian to English)? I just want to see how it should be done (of course all names and dates could be fake) before I start re-inventing the wheel.

Moscow does not require a translation if the police report is in Russian.

Kiev does not require a translation if the report is in Russian or Ukrainian

There is no need in the process for a Police Report for USCIS and so there is no need for a translation. There USED to be, but that has changed in the last few years

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Moscow does not require a translation if the police report is in Russian.

Kiev does not require a translation if the report is in Russian or Ukrainian

There is no need in the process for a Police Report for USCIS and so there is no need for a translation. There USED to be, but that has changed in the last few years

I stand corrected on Moscow.

Kiev does not require it if in Russian or Ukrainian.

Any translation which does not change the intent is acceptable, layout is not important but Alla usually used a layout similar to the original document.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thank you guys.

My fiancee called the embassy and they said that they do need translation for birth certificates, military records, and police reports. Other documents do not need to be translated if they are in Russian.

But thank you for your reply and your input.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your reply with a sample file.

Yeah, i just checked it and don't forget to add the bottom section about being fluent in both languages, address, signature, etc. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

Hi VJers.

I don't remember if we had that translated or not?

Edited by paws057

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.