thelastpetitioner

My obligation while waiting for interview / approval

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I got my two year green card adjusting from k-1 this past January, and I'm starting to slowly put together my evidence folder for removal of condition,I think i got that part, and the paperwork down, but I was wondering, what are my obligations while waiting ?

If the process runs longer than the amount of time I have left on my green card will I get automatically extended or should I go I and get it extended ?

TIA

The NOA1 for the ROC serves as a one-year extension of your GC. You use that paper + old GC to travel while the ROC is pending. If your ROC goes longer than a year, you can get a I-551 stamp in your passport, but it shouldn't take that long.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Other than telling USCIS if you move, nothing. And, when you file for ROC within the last 90 days before Conditional GC expiration (not before!), your Conditional GC will be extended for 1 year (or until your 10 yr GC approval).

Enjoy your break from USCIS! smile.png

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks, my adjustment of status was smooth as it could possibly be and quick too, so I'm trying to do my best to make it as easy as I can for ROC too. Thank god you mentioned it was within the 90 days, not before. I'll still send it onto he 89th day , but still

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

You'll be alright! Soon you'll get a letter which extends your GC for a year. They know it will take more than 3 months for them to issue the new card that's why they send this letter. I traveled to Tehran when there was only 10 days left of my GC's validity.There was no problem at all because I had that letter with me.

I'm counting the seconds...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-07

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-17

Packet 3 & 4 Received : 2009-09-20

Interview Date : 2009-12-21

Rescheduled the date to: 2010-01-24

Interview Result :put on an AP

Visa Approved: 2010-02-11

Visa Received :2010-03-16

US Entry : 2010-03-18

Marriage : 2010-05-25

CHECK MY TIME LINE FOR REST OF INFO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.