Peggy

Ordering Canadian Food Products Online

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SO MANY people think I am strange for saying that. There is a HUGE difference, and even the Simply Heinz version, which is less sweeter than the regular Heinz ketchup here in the USA, still tastes off to me.

It tastes completely different in terms of sweetness and I don't personally think the mouthfeel is the same. My ex, who was American (somehow I always end up meeting Americans online...) hated Canadian ketchup. She used to bring ketchup packets with her for her fries when she came up to visit.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

I want my Shirriff lemon pie filling!!!!!! Daughter brought me 3 boxes on her last visit down...Mmmmm, nothing compares

2008 Met on FB through mutual friends (platonic)
05/2012 Decided to "give it a try" after some mutual flirtations
07/2012 Met in person
08/06/2013 Proposed
21/06/2013 Married
10/09/2013 Sent I-130/I-485
19/09/2013 Cheques Cashed
23/09/2013 Hard copy NOA1
21/10/2013 Biometrics Appt Lawrence MA

21/10/2013 RFE for I-864 only, send tax transcripts and a bunch of other redundant info due to missing tax forms..ugh...

29/10/2013 Send in all required RFE Documents (hold up waiting for IRS transcripts)

31/10/2013 Online status changed to RFE response review

12/12/2013 Status changed to Testing and Interview and EAD sent out 10th, AP approved the 5th FINALLY!!!!!

14/12/2013 EAD/AP Combo received in mail smile.png

18/12/2013 Online Interview date of January 23/2014, instructions sent in mail.

23/01/2014 APPROVED...Green Card being sent in mail, no stamp in passport

29/01/2014 Received Welcome Letter

30/01/2014 Green Card Received babayyyyy!!

01/02/2014 Returned Green Card...Mistake on dates

Timeline

I want my Shirriff lemon pie filling!!!!!! Daughter brought me 3 boxes on her last visit down...Mmmmm, nothing compares

Only $18 on amazon,lol and that includes the shipping,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It tastes completely different in terms of sweetness and I don't personally think the mouthfeel is the same. My ex, who was American (somehow I always end up meeting Americans online...) hated Canadian ketchup. She used to bring ketchup packets with her for her fries when she came up to visit.

Try the Organic Heinz - it is close enough that you won't mind too much...although they recently changed the organic recipe too but I don't notice the change too much.

I gave up bringing some things back from when I travelled to Canada and Ketchup was one of them - I am still obcessed with Canaidan Miracle Whip and Canadian hellman's 1/2 Fat mayo - they just don;t taste right in America

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I have been in the US for 2 and a half months now and I can't believe the things I took for granted up in Canada. I have had a few break downs at the grocery store because of the things I can not seem to find... The latest being Molasses.... Thank gosh my Dad is coming for a visit in a few weeks. He almost needs to bring a small suitcase just for me, for all the things I need.

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Only $18 on amazon,lol and that includes the shipping,lol

better than 22 on canadianfavourites.com!!! lol

I have been in the US for 2 and a half months now and I can't believe the things I took for granted up in Canada. I have had a few break downs at the grocery store because of the things I can not seem to find... The latest being Molasses.... Thank gosh my Dad is coming for a visit in a few weeks. He almost needs to bring a small suitcase just for me, for all the things I need.

I found Crosby's Molasses at Market Basket!!! It's in a plastic "jar" instead of a carton

2008 Met on FB through mutual friends (platonic)
05/2012 Decided to "give it a try" after some mutual flirtations
07/2012 Met in person
08/06/2013 Proposed
21/06/2013 Married
10/09/2013 Sent I-130/I-485
19/09/2013 Cheques Cashed
23/09/2013 Hard copy NOA1
21/10/2013 Biometrics Appt Lawrence MA

21/10/2013 RFE for I-864 only, send tax transcripts and a bunch of other redundant info due to missing tax forms..ugh...

29/10/2013 Send in all required RFE Documents (hold up waiting for IRS transcripts)

31/10/2013 Online status changed to RFE response review

12/12/2013 Status changed to Testing and Interview and EAD sent out 10th, AP approved the 5th FINALLY!!!!!

14/12/2013 EAD/AP Combo received in mail smile.png

18/12/2013 Online Interview date of January 23/2014, instructions sent in mail.

23/01/2014 APPROVED...Green Card being sent in mail, no stamp in passport

29/01/2014 Received Welcome Letter

30/01/2014 Green Card Received babayyyyy!!

01/02/2014 Returned Green Card...Mistake on dates

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have looked at the Candianfavorite website. They don't really have much on there. I looked at Ebay and Amazon as well. I want some Catelli Sauce and BBQ ruffles and Brown Oatmeal Bread. Weird I know..haha I can not find them anywhere. They have a world market here but they don't really carry anything Canadian in it. Well Labatt's Blue beer but I find it to strong to drink. Used to be my favorite beer at home. Well thanks for all the input. I will keep on looking good.gif

Edited by Peggy

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try the Organic Heinz - it is close enough that you won't mind too much...although they recently changed the organic recipe too but I don't notice the change too much.

I gave up bringing some things back from when I travelled to Canada and Ketchup was one of them - I am still obcessed with Canaidan Miracle Whip and Canadian hellman's 1/2 Fat mayo - they just don;t taste right in America

I grew up eating Candian Miracle Whip. I don't like it here in the US at all.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline

All time greatest. Will absolutely miss these.

http://www.canadianfavourites.com/Nestle_Mirage_Bars_123g_p/nestle042.htm

U
sed to love ketchup chips but I guess I've grown out of them.. Not sure how.

Would definitely trade ketchup chips for hot cheetos

I haven't noticed a difference...however, it has been a while since I bought Miracle Whip (I've been buying Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil lately). Now that I think about it though, every cheese sandwich I made did taste off, but I couldn't figure out if it was the bread or the cheese, because they both taste different here too. I sure miss good extra old cheese!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Timeline

I haven't noticed a difference...however, it has been a while since I bought Miracle Whip (I've been buying Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil lately). Now that I think about it though, every cheese sandwich I made did taste off, but I couldn't figure out if it was the bread or the cheese, because they both taste different here too. I sure miss good extra old cheese!

extra old cheese or sharp cheese as its called here should be measured in YEARS not days or months..lol the cheese here sucks. Unless you go up to wisconsin and get 10 year old aged cheese. MMmm now that stuff is good but damn expensive its like 20$ for 4 oz.

the only grocery store brand i've found that was passible is from Cabot and its made in Vermont. its dry and crumbly and tastes better than the everyday extra sharp stuff you get from craft etc.

I KNEW it was not just me. the miracle whip here has a very odd taste..almost like a spice or something was put in it i find. Also the texture, it seems more greasy vinegary than yummy creamy.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

bread here is way too sweet, it all has high fructose corn syrup in it. I buy bread from the bakery sections now or make my own. also i miss the 2lb loaves i could get up north. same with ice cream..you get jipped here with small containers lol.

and why is there only one style of hotdog bun?? LOL i miss the flat ones i used to butter and fry.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I KNEW it was not just me. the miracle whip here has a very odd taste..almost like a spice or something was put in it i find. Also the texture, it seems more greasy vinegary than yummy creamy.

it's the paprika, I swear.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.