a+j

i-693, vaccination record

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
So, I had a RFE because my vaccination record wasn't completed properly overseas. I sent back form i-693 (page 1 and 5 in a sealed envelope, as requested) a couple of days ago. However, I have just noticed the following notation in Part 3 of the form:

"Health Departments MUST place their official stamp or seal here"

My civil surgeon didn't place a stamp or a seal on my form. I think this should be fine, if I'm reading the instructions right. Could you guys confirm it, just for my peace of mind?

Thank you very much :)

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Only a Health Department needs to put the stamp or seal there, not any other private practice/facility. As long as your civil surgeon filled out all the information in that section and signed, then that is all they needed to do there.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Will depend on what the civil surgeon places within the sealed envelope they give you to send in with your AOS. I believe in our case, we had all the pages of the I-693 there, just some were left blank because they were not required.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, I had a RFE because my vaccination record wasn't completed properly overseas. I sent back form i-693 (page 1 and 5 in a sealed envelope, as requested) a couple of days ago. However, I have just noticed the following notation in Part 3 of the form:

"Health Departments MUST place their official stamp or seal here"

My civil surgeon didn't place a stamp or a seal on my form. I think this should be fine, if I'm reading the instructions right. Could you guys confirm it, just for my peace of mind?

Thank you very much :)

Hi, so u needn't do another medical exam? Would u recommend yr civil surgeon? How much does it cost u for completing the vaccination record. I need another vaccine supplement too.

Appreciate if you could help. Thanks a lot.

I live in Elkhart, but father-in- law is in Indianapolis .

Timeline

Hi, so u needn't do another medical exam? Would u recommend yr civil surgeon? How much does it cost u for completing the vaccination record. I need another vaccine supplement too.

Appreciate if you could help. Thanks a lot.

I live in Elkhart, but father-in- law is in Indianapolis .

I didn't need another medical, the civil surgeon checked the vaccination/immunization records that I brought from Italy and completed page 1 and 5 accordingly. I believe it costed around $70. In your case, the civil surgeon should do the same after giving you the vaccine supplement you need. No medical needed if you took one overseas for your K1 <1 year ago.

I far live from both Elkhart and Indy, so my civil surgeon wouldn't be convenient for you. Find the ones close to you on the USCIS website, and then call them to see how much they ask for what you need:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Good luck!

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Timeline

HI All,

I had a some what of a similar issue. Did you application get processed after you sent the medical document again? Any status update?

My GC was approved ~3 weeks after sending the response to the RFE :)

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I have a question regarding my I-485 application, regarding the I-693 part. When I got my K-1 visa in the Netherlands, they gave me a sealed envelope saying 'K-1 - Applicant copies of medical forms. Retain this sealed envelope for your I-485 application with the USCIS Office. DO NOT OPEN'. I'm assuming that's the sealed envelope you guys are talking about in this thread!

Does this sealed envelope contain the I-693 form, filled in and ready to go? Do I put it in the application envelope for my I-485? And a copy of my vaccination record that I received from my civil surgeon in the Netherlands? Or do I need to fill and print out another I-693 and send that in with the sealed envelope?

The I-693 filing information doesn't really clarify it, and I don't remember if the immigration officer at either the US embassy or the immigration officer at customs at my port of entry clarified this...

Filed: Timeline

No you do not need I693 by yourself. Civil surgeon will give you a filled one which is sealed and an unsealed copy for your records. I highly recommend you check your copy to see if all the fields are clearly filled out.

My GC was approved ~3 weeks after sending the response to the RFE smile.png

Luck you. Its been 3.5 weeks since we sent ours. Was yours a local office?

Timeline

Luck you. Its been 3.5 weeks since we sent ours. Was yours a local office?

Yeah, the RFE came from my local office. I was adjusting from a K1 and didn't get an interview though. Good luck, I hope you'll get yours soon.

- I am the beneficiary -

Timeline

I have a question regarding my I-485 application, regarding the I-693 part. When I got my K-1 visa in the Netherlands, they gave me a sealed envelope saying 'K-1 - Applicant copies of medical forms. Retain this sealed envelope for your I-485 application with the USCIS Office. DO NOT OPEN'. I'm assuming that's the sealed envelope you guys are talking about in this thread!

I wasn't given such a sealed envelope overseas, I only got a copy of the DS-3025. However, given the wording on your envelope, I would assume it contains all the medical records you need to submit for your AOS, and you don't need to see a civil surgeon in the US.

Hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Good luck!

- I am the beneficiary -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.