Lorixoxo10

K1 Visa Help!!!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I'm now in the process of collecting my documents for the petition for the K1 fiance visa. So far i have my naturalization certificate, both birth certificates for me and my fiance, evidence which include 100 photos, stamps on my passport, letter from his parents stating that i lived with them for 3 months, around 100 pages of skype and facebook conversation showing that we did talk and skype everyday. What other evidence do you think i should collect? We started dating December 3, 2011. I first went to Albania to see him on November 2012 for three weeks, then May 2013 lived with him for three months. I am from Albania too so all of our conversations are in albanian. On the skype printouts i have just highlighted the duration of the calls and the dates. How long do you think the process will take? I've heard from 3-5 months. Is that possible?

Please, please help me out,

Thank you!!!!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

So I'm now in the process of collecting my documents for the petition for the K1 fiance visa. So far i have my naturalization certificate, both birth certificates for me and my fiance, evidence which include 100 photos, stamps on my passport, letter from his parents stating that i lived with them for 3 months, around 100 pages of skype and facebook conversation showing that we did talk and skype everyday. What other evidence do you think i should collect? We started dating December 3, 2011. I first went to Albania to see him on November 2012 for three weeks, then May 2013 lived with him for three months. I am from Albania too so all of our conversations are in albanian. On the skype printouts i have just highlighted the duration of the calls and the dates. How long do you think the process will take? I've heard from 3-5 months. Is that possible?

Thank you!!!!

Timeline

I am 19 and he is 24 years old. We have never been married before. Should we include like a statement saying so?

Hi everyone,

Thank you!!!!

Here is the VJ guide. Everything you need to know about the documents needed for the petition is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide#proof

Do not forget that you and your fiance must each make a Letter of Intent and sign it. They need to be original. Your main focus on the petition is to prove you have physically met within 2 years of filing. Focus on passport stamps, receipts, airline boarding passes, etc. Sure, you can add maybe 15-20 photos and chosen skype chat logs, just to add more evidence that you met and have an ongoing relationship. While it is good that her parents wrote a letter about you living with them, in the adjudicators eyes, anyone could write that and say anything. Like I said, focus on more concrete evidences that you were with her. The albums of photos and 100 pages of skype transcripts come in handy more during the interview. Make sure you triple check documents. Dont forget to tick the necessary boxes & all forms are signed. Goodluck! smile.png

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

Here is the VJ guide. Everything you need to know about the documents needed for the petition is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide#proof

Do not forget that you and your fiance must each make a Letter of Intent and sign it. They need to be original. Your main focus on the petition is to prove you have physically met within 2 years of filing. Focus on passport stamps, receipts, airline boarding passes, etc. Sure, you can add maybe 15-20 photos and chosen skype chat logs, just to add more evidence that you met and have an ongoing relationship. While it is good that her parents wrote a letter about you living with them, in the adjudicators eyes, anyone could write that and say anything. Like I said, focus on more concrete evidences that you were with her. The albums of photos and 100 pages of skype transcripts come in handy more during the interview. Make sure you triple check documents. Dont forget to tick the necessary boxes & all forms are signed. Goodluck! smile.png

Thank you so much for your response! :) I am 19 years old and he is 24. We have never been married before. do we need documents to prove that. How long do you think the process might take? I have all the right documents, our relationship is genuine, i have plenty of proofs. Thank you again! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Duplicate threads merged. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you so much for your response! smile.png I am 19 years old and he is 24. We have never been married before. do we need documents to prove that. How long do you think the process might take? I have all the right documents, our relationship is genuine, i have plenty of proofs. Thank you again! smile.png

Oh I forgot, here is the poverty guideline for 2013. Make sure you meet it too: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
If you've never been married before, you dont have to affix anything on the petition. However, during the interview, the beneficiary needs to provide proof that she has never been married. The type of form you have for this is country specific. Like with my country, we have CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage). Try to check the Albania portal here to ask about that no marriage proof.
The process depends on which service center you get assigned to and how complete your petition is. Lately, Texas and California are moving faster than Vermont. But always remember that the processing time is 5 months. Dont expect too much basing on the other couples quick approvals, you'll only be disappointed. You need to be extremely patient throughout the process, I swear, it will really drive you insane.
Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline
Oh I forgot, here is the poverty guideline for 2013. Make sure you meet it too: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
If you've never been married before, you dont have to affix anything on the petition. However, during the interview, the beneficiary needs to provide proof that she has never been married. The type of form you have for this is country specific. Like with my country, we have CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage). Try to check the Albania portal here to ask about that no marriage proof.
Lately, the process depends on which service center you get assigned to. Lately, Texas and California are moving faster than Vermont. But always remember that the processing time is 5 months. Dont expect too much basing on the other couples quick approvals, you'll only be disappointed. You need to be extremely patient throughout the process, I swear, it will really drive you insane.

I do work however i do not meet the guidelines, that is why his cousin will be our co-sponsor. Is that okay?

The processing times says 5 months, so does that mean they're not allowed to take longer than that? Please please let me know because im really scared.

I do work however i do not meet the guidelines, that is why his cousin will be our co-sponsor. Is that okay?

The processing times says 5 months, so does that mean they're not allowed to take longer than that? Please please let me know because im really scared.

Co-sponsors really depend on the consulate. They review it on a case to case basis so I cant answer if they will accept yours or not. Maybe our friends from Albania here can provide more input on this. It IS allowed to use a cosponsor though so go for it. It may take longer than 5 months. If yours takes longer than that for some reason, you just need to call them and let them know your petition is already beyond the normal processing time. I know its really scary, but the guides here on VJ are really straight forward and easy to follow. Although you cant control how quick service centers work on the petitions, you CAN control how complete your petition will be. So make sure to stick to the guides and you will be fine.

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

Co-sponsors really depend on the consulate. They review it on a case to case basis so I cant answer if they will accept yours or not. Its IS allowed to use a cosponsor though so go for it. It may take longer than 5 months. If yours takes longer than that for some reason, you just need to call them and let them know your petition is already beyond the normal processing time. I know its really scary, but the guides here on VJ are really straight forward and easy to follow. Just stick to them and you will be fine.

I don't need to send the affidavit of support with my petition, as long as my fiance has it with him in his interview, correct?

Thank you so much for your help with all my heart. I hope they won't take long on my case because it's very simple and straight-forward.

And in my petition should i write NONE or N/A for all the blanks that are not applicable to us, like being married before, or having children, etc.?

Edited by Lorixoxo10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Lori, please read the Guides (link atop any VJ page) and study the forums. Everything that you're asking right now can be found there. If questions remain after your reading and studying, feel free to ask them here. smile.png

The processing time is estimated to be 5 months, but it can be somewhat shorter or far, far longer. Received petitions go into boxes on shelves until their time comes for review. Much patience is required.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I don't need to send the affidavit of support with my petition, as long as my fiance has it with him in his interview, correct?

Thank you so much for your help with all my heart. I hope they won't take long on my case because it's very simple and straight-forward.

And in my petition should i write NONE or N/A for all the blanks that are not applicable to us, like being married before, or having children, etc.?

You're welcome! And yes you are correct about the affidavit.

Per USCIS directions, if item is not applicable or answer is none, leave the space blank.

To be honest though, when we submitted ours, we still put none or N/A and didn't encounter and problems with it.

Timeline

Lori, please read the Guides (link atop any VJ page) and study the forums. Everything that you're asking right now can be found there. If questions remain after your reading and studying, feel free to ask them here. smile.png

The processing time is estimated to be 5 months, but it can be somewhat shorter or far, far longer. Received petitions go into boxes on shelves until their time comes for review. Much patience is required.

I have read them over and over so many times. And i am a week away from sending everything, and the whole process is so stressful. Thank you for your support and patience.

Timeline

You're welcome! And yes you are correct about the affidavit.

Per USCIS directions, if item is not applicable or answer is none, leave the space blank.

To be honest though, when we submitted ours, we still put none or N/A and didn't encounter and problems with it.

I will put none and n/a just in case because i don't want any confusion or any RFE! can i translate all the Facebook conversations by myself or does it have to be a legit translator? hoping for the best now, hopefully it doesn't take longer than 5-6 months. thank you for helping me. congratulations on getting your NOA2 so fast. you're almost there, 2 more months max. biggrin.png

p.s. do you think our age will be an issue since we're so young?? I'm 19 and he's 24.

Edited by Lorixoxo10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.