shady28

Co-sponsor I-134- what is needed? (split)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i am also facing the same thing cause my fiance she is a student in NC but she actually from PA so she can't meet the financial requirments but there is a friend of her who is willing to fill the affidavit of support form I-134 for us as a help from him for both of us. so i need your help with this to know if this will be accepted by the embassy and would help or not.

thank you so much

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm a fulltime student who will be using a co-sponsor as well, however I am going to seek work in the next month or so for this very reason. I know I will not make enough for the family size but I figure any effort shown looks good.

i am also facing the same thing cause my fiance she is a student in NC but she actually from PA so she can't meet the financial requirments but there is a friend of her who is willing to fill the affidavit of support form I-134 for us as a help from him for both of us. so i need your help with this to know if this will be accepted by the embassy and would help or not.

thank you so much

Cairo allows co-sponsors! My fiance was going to go through Cairo but recently got a job offer in UAE so we're changing plans.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Timeline

I'm a fulltime student who will be using a co-sponsor as well, however I am going to seek work in the next month or so for this very reason. I know I will not make enough for the family size but I figure any effort shown looks good.

Cairo allows co-sponsors! My fiance was going to go through Cairo but recently got a job offer in UAE so we're changing plans.

thank you for your answer. its really good to know that cairo consulate allows co-sponsors, so my fiance's friend would be the co-sponsor so do she need to fill affidavit of support also if she do get part time job along with her friend even if she wont meet the 125% of poverty or just him? and the tax return should be the sponsor's tax return papers or the petitioner's tax return

thanks for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

i have a question regarding this topic, my fiance and i going to apply for the fiance visa k1 but she is a student actually it is her last year she will graduate her university in the summer so shes not working or if she will get a job it will be just a part time so she wont be able to do the sponsor form but i was told that cairo embassy where we will go through allow co-sponsor and she have a friend of her who is willing to do that as a help for us he meets the requirments of the poverty guidline and he is a little above it so i need your help letting me know do we need his tax return papers also and his paystubs and employer letter stating his income?

thank you so much

Yes. The USC petitioner and co-sponsor need to fill out their own I-134 and supply the supporting documentation. Your co-sponsor should also provide proof of being a USC or LPR in case it is needed.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

i have a question regarding this topic and i would appreciate you help with it so much

my fiance and i going to apply for the fiance visa k1 but she is a student actually it is her last year she will graduate her university in the summer so shes not working or if she will get a job it will be just a part time so she wont be able to do the sponsor form but i was told that cairo embassy where we will go through allow co-sponsor and she have a friend of her who is willing to do that as a help for us he meets the requirments of the poverty guidline and he is a little above it so i need your help letting me know do we need his tax return papers also and his paystubs and employer letter stating his income?

thank you

Timeline

Yes. The USC petitioner and co-sponsor need to fill out their own I-134 and supply the supporting documentation. Your co-sponsor should also provide proof of being a USC or LPR in case it is needed.

thank you very much Jay-Kay for your help its really appreciated God bless you. i am new to all of this so i dont know that much, i want to know something else if you do not mind the co-sponsor from a diffrent state than my fiance would it be a problem or not as long as he is USC? and i heared that the co-sponsor should be a family member or relative so is it true or could be a friend? cause in my case he is a friend not family member or relative.

thank you so much for your help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thank you very much Jay-Kay for your help its really appreciated God bless you. i am new to all of this so i dont know that much, i want to know something else if you do not mind the co-sponsor from a diffrent state than my fiance would it be a problem or not as long as he is USC? and i heared that the co-sponsor should be a family member or relative so is it true or could be a friend? cause in my case he is a friend not family member or relative.

thank you so much for your help

I just replied to your PM. It doesn't matter what state they are in, however they will ask how you and her know him most likely at the interview so be ready to explain. It is just assumed that the preferred co-sponsor is a family member but income above 125% is the main thing. People use close friends often.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Timeline

I just replied to your PM. It doesn't matter what state they are in, however they will ask how you and her know him most likely at the interview so be ready to explain. It is just assumed that the preferred co-sponsor is a family member but income above 125% is the main thing. People use close friends often.

thank you very much beccabecca for your answers and help it really helped alot understanding i am greatful to your explanation may God bless you. wish you good luck with your fiance and all goes well with your case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.