apple21

November 2013 F2A Visa Bulletin Prediction

99 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

In short words, you missed the bus. dates could move forward. F2A has a tendency to retrogress i.e dates go backward. In fact it happens every year if i am not wrong. somebody plz correct me if i am wrong. Your I-485 will not be adjudicated until your I-130 gets approved.

Also wanted to add.

Your I-485 will not be adjudicated until your I-130 gets approved AND until your PD falls under cut off date.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

All,

Thanks for the responses. Based on the multiple (helpful) responses - I surmise that

a) I missed the bus

b) The bus had already left

c) It was not meant to be

d) There is always another bus

In light of fair and free disclosure - I did want to file my FB2A in August (when it was current). But - my better half was more keen on watching "Game of Thrones" and sundry. So, I duly blame it on her !devil.gif

Good news - my H1 is valid for 2 more years. "Game of Thrones" is STILL on....

Have a great weekend !

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

All,

Thanks for the responses. Based on the multiple (helpful) responses - I surmise that

a) I missed the bus

b) The bus had already left

c) It was not meant to be

d) There is always another bus

In light of fair and free disclosure - I did want to file my FB2A in August (when it was current). But - my better half was more keen on watching "Game of Thrones" and sundry. So, I duly blame it on her !devil.gif

Good news - my H1 is valid for 2 more years. "Game of Thrones" is STILL on....

Have a great weekend !

When is your spouse becoming a US citizen ? That will change your game for good.

Timeline

When is your spouse becoming a US citizen ? That will change your game for good.

She will file for citizenship next week....You are right, that will be a game changer....it will the legal excalibur I need....

Timeline

With the priority date for FB2A retrogressing, is it normal course to get an appointment for getting the Biometrics taken ? I just received my appointment letter today - still a little confused, why would I receive this letter if the PD has regressed. I suppose they are thinking out far ahead and would rather have me get this out of the way .....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

With the priority date for FB2A retrogressing, is it normal course to get an appointment for getting the Biometrics taken ? I just received my appointment letter today - still a little confused, why would I receive this letter if the PD has regressed. I suppose they are thinking out far ahead and would rather have me get this out of the way .....

Where do you see PD has retrogressed? It has been on Sep 8th, 2013 for most countries since Oct bulletin. Did you do a concurrent I130/I485 under F2A? If that is the case you would get Finger printing before you get your EAD/AP.

Timeline

Where do you see PD has retrogressed? It has been on Sep 8th, 2013 for most countries since Oct bulletin. Did you do a concurrent I130/I485 under F2A? If that is the case you would get Finger printing before you get your EAD/AP.

You make a very good point. I am in fact, mis-representing the facts. I keep referring to the PD regression while in fact, it hasn't. What I mean to say is that, in its present state of Sep 8th,2013 , my PD of Sep 30th,2013 is beyond the threshold - hence, my referring to it as a regression.

To your question - I did file a concurrent I130/I485 - thus it makes sense now, that I am getting finger-printed. Thanks again for your input. It helps to have a forum with some many good viewpoints and knowledgeable members with personal experiences !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank and Praise God. My petition has been approved. PD is April 29, 2013 now waiting for my hard copy of noa2

I130 (Vermont service center transfer to Nebraska Service Center)

Category: F2A Philippines

Priority Date: April 29, 2013

Married: May 4, 2012

I130 sent: April 29, 2013

I130 received:April 30, 2013

NOA1: April 30, 2013

Transfer notice: September 5, 2013 (Nebraska Service Center)

NOA2: October 18, 2013 (USCIS website)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

All,

Had my fingerprints and picture taken at the USCIS Cleveland office today. Our good man at the office took every single one of my fingers - pressed them against the machine and recorded them. I was duly impressed by his diligence. Question is - what happens next ? Is there an interview ? Or do I get my EAD ?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.