pleh

Screwed up big time

106 posts in this topic

Canadians won't need a passport to reenter Canada (although chances are they will have one seeing as they now need one to get in the US). But it's not a Canadian rule, it's an American rule - Americans will require a passport to reenter the US.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadians who entered the US as a tourist (with no visa) and who wer not given an I-94 (or a definate departure date) are not subject to any bars based on an overstay, but I believe that his working illegally could lead to a possible bar if he left and tried to reenter.

Edited by jane2005

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

I-765

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

Removal of Conditions:

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

1. Look for a cheapo consult with a lawyer (as suggested) or look into free immigration clinics (must be some in SoCal)

2. Don't leave the US

3. Check out the fee waiver available for the applications you are going to file

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

I-765

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

Removal of Conditions:

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline
Oh ####### 500 dollars only? ####### Is that a lot of money? ####### what do you do? ####### I have seen so many people in NYC do crappy illegal job in perfume stores and earn a ####### load of money as salary and add to that commission, benefits etc. ####### so many illegal people in USA use other people's social security number and earn a ####### load of money too! The permission to legally remain and work in the USA itself is worth more a billion dollars. US is the most powerful, richest and strongest country with a strong economy and her education, culture, fashion, langauge accent, movies, actors and actresses, technology are envied and mimicked in numerous first world, middle-eastern and third class countries as well. My Aunt in Finland is teaching her kids to speak in American English so that someday they could come to America and get admission into schools without confronting too much problems and language barricade.

And speaking of your 500 dollars...I believe (although i am not sure) that the money will be spent on conducting investigation on you, your wife, her records, employment, bills, tax etc etc and come on! the immigration people are human too and they need to get paid for what they do. I have been to 27 countries so far including USA and in each visa interview everyone starting from the cops standing guard at the gates to the interviewer were happy with me in every ways since I did pay my honest respect to their cause, which made their work easier.

Respect the country you want to live in, respect her citizens and respect her laws. How would you feel if you are not getting paid for what you are doing?

Ya you're cool.... Seriously, you need to grow up, or find somewhere better to share your "intelligent" insight.

Btw, regardless of how much you brag about america being the best country, that's YOUR opinion, you act like im coming from bosnia or something. This may be a shocker to you but Canada is a 1st world country and Im here for 1 reason, and that's my wife. If it wasnt for her, I would never ever ever have moved here.

To the other people:

Thanks for all the help! Im getting a free consultation with an immigration attorney and hopefully things will work out!

Edited by pleh

Filed: Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Oh ####### 500 dollars only? ####### Is that a lot of money? ####### what do you do? ####### I have seen so many people in NYC do crappy illegal job in perfume stores and earn a ####### load of money as salary and add to that commission, benefits etc. ####### so many illegal people in USA use other people's social security number and earn a ####### load of money too! The permission to legally remain and work in the USA itself is worth more a billion dollars. US is the most powerful, richest and strongest country with a strong economy and her education, culture, fashion, langauge accent, movies, actors and actresses, technology are envied and mimicked in numerous first world, middle-eastern and third class countries as well. My Aunt in Finland is teaching her kids to speak in American English so that someday they could come to America and get admission into schools without confronting too much problems and language barricade.

And speaking of your 500 dollars...I believe (although i am not sure) that the money will be spent on conducting investigation on you, your wife, her records, employment, bills, tax etc etc and come on! the immigration people are human too and they need to get paid for what they do. I have been to 27 countries so far including USA and in each visa interview everyone starting from the cops standing guard at the gates to the interviewer were happy with me in every ways since I did pay my honest respect to their cause, which made their work easier.

Respect the country you want to live in, respect her citizens and respect her laws. How would you feel if you are not getting paid for what you are doing?

Ya you're cool.... Seriously, you need to grow up, or find somewhere better to share your "intelligent" insight.

Btw, regardless of how much you brag about america being the best country, that's YOUR opinion, you act like im coming from bosnia or something. This may be a shocker to you but Canada is a 1st world country and Im here for 1 reason, and that's my wife. If it wasnt for her, I would never ever ever have moved here.

To the other people:

Thanks for all the help! Im getting a free consultation with an immigration attorney and hopefully things will work out!

1. I never claimed that canada was a third world country,

2. I believe I am cool, although I don't really try to be, and if someone says i am not, i don't really have any problem with that, but thanks for the compliment :)

3. I'm grown up, can work harder than any men more grown-up than me and i single-handedly, without depending on either the government or relatives, payed for my mom's food, rent and medical treatments when she was in the USA. And for some reasons I have never earned more than 1000 dollar per month no matter how good i am or how well i have done my job at workplace and i'm working as an assistant of an electronics business tycoon in Manhattan but being threatened and black-mailed consistently whenever i tell him to pay my salary in a timely manner. I have been through all kinds of hardship and struggle you can think of in your wildest dreams and even after all these, i am tough enough to afford to pay more than 250 dollars for JetBlue Airtickets to meet my gf in VT and buy her expensive gifts, laptop (recently she needs a dell XPS laptop which is worth more than 1999 dollars) and yeah for the love of a woman in this lonely life of mine I am going to buy her that (many of you might think oh okay she is gonna marry you and file for you and hence you are doing all these? cool! but She is not gonna marry me that's what she told me and may be after 4-5 years she will make such a decision) and still i would have never frowned if i was born in a first world country like you and had to pay 500 dollars for filing purposes.

4. I have been to more than 27 countries (and yeah most of them are first world countries) and many girls dated, slept, had sex and proposed me and i have done what a grown man always does but in none of them did i ever overstayed in a country for the love of a woman. no matter how strong your love for a girl is, when you overstay, you break the immigration laws, to begin with. And yes i am grown-up enough to pay for my wife/gf/love's plane fare also so that she can come visit me in my home country and stay there if needed. I don't have to overstay to be with her.

5. I have been living in the US for the past 6 months and i i have been able to afford a room (not shared), 20 inch monitor, dell's latest AMD dual core computer, a dell inspiron laptop, bed, new clothes, food, alcohol and everything i always dreamt of possessing by spending my own money instead of depending on others and i know of so many grown up persons who haven't been able to be living in so many first world countries what i am today. look at the homeless people in NYC's subways. And look at you too!

6. The universal fact that canada is a first world country aint no shocker to me and I am educated enough to not be shocked when i have to send more than 500 bucks to my home country for my mother's medical purposes and it might be a shocker to you if you can have a close look at the pages of my passport and find out tourist visas given to me by so many visa officers of so many first world countries starting from USA, UK, Japan, Finland, Italy, Germany Norway to Sweden. and If you have any doubt, i will mail those pages to you, just in case you don't wanna believe somebody you apparently are hating on so much. And in each of those countries i didn't have to live like a homeless and worry about 500 dollars. I was born in a third world country but yes i am not lazy and i believe if i had the permission to study in any first world countries, i could have done and earned way much more than any average white or black by-birth americans or canadians.

7. you brag about america being the best country, that's YOUR opinion" << 1) Yes i bragged about it. And at the very same time I am honoured to practice my freedom of speech given to me by his honour the government of the United States of America and protected by the first amendment to the united states constitution. Many americans deeply truly and madly cherish this right and take it for granted. 2) you have been living in the US illegally for two years but have you ever listened to any Dr Dre rap song where he said 'F** The police' ? No you haven't. Yes America is not only the best country you will ever find in any planets in this solar system and this opinion has been expressed by not only me, but millions and millions of highly qualified, educated scientists, NASA engineers, mathematicians, workers, labourers, doctors and people who have done so much hard work to uphold the image of the US in the eyes of other countries. So many books have been written about america the best, strongest, powerful, mighty and richest. Those millions of people and me are entitled to our own opinion but truthfully speaking, it's not a mere opinion anymore. it's become an universal truth.

8. Next time, before you decide to make a fool and immature person outta yourself by saying to someone that he/she is bragging about America's this or that aspect, at first go verify the claim and figure out why this aspect of america is to be found nowhere in this whole world and why and then if your brains can't calculate and analyze enough and you do tend to flame that person, just go ahead and tell him/her that he/she is bragging. otherwise take a deep breath, admit that you were born in a first world country but compared to what God and his creatures have bestowed upon the US of A, Canada is nothing and stay calm. Slow and steady wins the race! I'm sorry your mother didn't tell you that rabbit and tortoise story, so didn't my mom. but again I am GROWN UP enough to have heard that story from real life's struggle and hardship as a person coming from third world to live in first world without any back-up of any kind whatsoever.

9. you act like im coming from bosnia or something" << Nope i never did. I am not an actor, although i wish i was. If you were really from bosnia i would have even gone to the extent of donating you a dime or something like that to you and my sympathy and empathy would have also reflected in my posts. But if you really had the qualities and manner that the government and learned folks of your 'first world country' always expect you to possess, you would have at least tried for a split second to understand my sense of humour and noticed that like the poster who made fun of your '#######' word a little bit, i was also emphasising more on your attitude and that word, although i added some more sentences after that, just to release and express my love towards the country who have donated billions and billions of dollars to third world countries to save millions of lives affected by natural calamities and disaster.

Last but not the least, I wish you all the best with you life with your wife. Enjoy America and worship the statue of liberty, respect America and her government and stay free with freedom, cause freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

....(blah blah blah nonsense blah blah insanity edited for length)...

Last but not the least, I wish you all the best with you life with your wife. Enjoy America and worship the statue of liberty, respect America and her government and stay free with freedom, cause freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wow, you write like Lindsay Lohan!

signature here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was refraining until now, not wanting to add fuel to the fire, but that was too funny :lol:

....(blah blah blah nonsense blah blah insanity edited for length)...

Wow, you write like Lindsay Lohan!

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

you have been living in the US illegally for two years but have you ever listened to any Dr Dre rap song where he said 'F** The police' ? No you haven't.

What is F**? "Fax The Police"? No, I have never heard that song.

Fax The Police comin straight from tha faxmachine

bullsam_10.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
you have been living in the US illegally for two years but have you ever listened to any Dr Dre rap song where he said 'F** The police' ? No you haven't.

HA! Ungrateful lazy immigrant! How many countries have YOU been to? I bet it's not 27! Don't you know highly educated NASA scientists have determined, and Netcraft has confirmed, that America is the best planet in the whole galaxy? Help me Obi-wan!

Edited by heishe

signature here

Timeline

HA! Ungrateful lazy immigrant! How many countries have YOU been to? I bet it's not 27! Don't you know highly educated NASA scientists have determined, and Netcraft has confirmed, that America is the best planet in the whole galaxy? Help me Obi-wan!

It's more than 27 I can send you photocopies of the 27 visas and sorry i didn't know who confirmed what but i know one thing! you haven't been to 3, let alone 27 and good luck with your feeling jealous about me and whatever i have done but if you have patience to read the post entirely, it will teach you a good lesson too

Timeline

By the way, who's lazy? is it the person who has been living here for the past 2 years but can't afford 500 dollars for filing and etc etc or the one who is bound to send 500 dollars home for his mother's treatment and still can afford to buy dell's latest AMD line of laptops for his gfs? who is lazy? the one who is abusing and calling the immigration process '#######' or the one who truly loved america and can sing like tupac proudly "to live and die in US, the place to be, you have got to be there to know it, everybody wanna see" ?

Timeline

Some foreign people are funny!

Of course they are. America is the land of immigrants i mean foreign people and for their hard work and struggle america is what it is today. By the way where was Arnold the terminator guy born again? was he born in America? Nope. UK, like you? nope. He was born in Austria. He is funny, talented and one hell of an actor. Of course some foreign people are funny. And of course some foreign people like you are an embarrasment, mostly those who were born in first world countries and frown when they have to pay 500 dollars, necessary for his immigration purposes, and those who support these kinds of people. Astalavista baby. If you have something more to add to your thoughtful and educated research on foreign people and how they can be more funny, please enlighten us the foreign people, the poor people who built america from the scratch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.