mrsushi66

Check out the AirFares...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Anna will have her interview on Jan 30th so I started looking at filights around 3 weeks after the interview and the prices have sky rocketed.

I tried every combination of leaving later and ajusted the time from 85 days to just a week. I tried Moscow to London (this was even more). I tried a bunch of things but it looks like the ticket is going to be $2,000USD. I would pay much more than that to get her here safe and sound but it is a bit frustrating when that is about what I paid for my entire trip when I went to see her earlier this year.

So any insight would be appreciated.

Paul Misses Anna

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Paul,

Look for a round-trip ticket rather than one-way. That should ease the pain.

Good luck!

Edited by workin4somethin

from Andrew

Timeline
Paul,

Look for a round-trip ticket rather than one-way. Taht should ease the pain.

Good luck!

If you read the post you will notice I said I adjusted the stay time. Thinking about it this would imply that I am talking about a round trip ticket which I am... So yes I am familar with the fact that one ways are more expensive than round trip but thanks for trying to help anyway.

Edited by mrsushi66

Timeline
Paul,

Good luck!

If you read the post you will notice I said I adjusted the stay time. Thinking about it this would imply that I am talking about a round trip ticket which I am... So yes I am familar with the fact that one ways are more expensive than round trip but thanks for trying to help anyway.

Try this guy, He is a broker that specializes in discount fares. He got me a great round trip fare last year

|Harryd@justfares.com|

Harinder S Dhawan

Justfares, Inc. |3123 East Lake Ave. E, Seattle, WA 98102 USA|

|Office +1 206.204.2113| TollF. +1 866.672.4274 | Fax +1 206.204.2129|

Timeline

I noticed something, most of the huge discount fare sites are not including BA so I went directly to BA site and their fare is about half of what everyone else is charging. Maybe it has something to do with the BA planes being used by the guy who was poisoned with the radioactive materials. Dunno.

Not sure what to do at this point but we have time and maybe by then things will be cleared up.

Paul Misses Anna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anna will have her interview on Jan 30th so I started looking at filights around 3 weeks after the interview and the prices have sky rocketed.

I tried every combination of leaving later and ajusted the time from 85 days to just a week. I tried Moscow to London (this was even more). I tried a bunch of things but it looks like the ticket is going to be $2,000USD. I would pay much more than that to get her here safe and sound but it is a bit frustrating when that is about what I paid for my entire trip when I went to see her earlier this year.

So any insight would be appreciated.

Paul Misses Anna

March and April are one of the peak travel seasons so expect higher fares. You should get some relief in May before the summer season begins but the relief maybe a relative term.

What sites are you using?

YMMV

Try www.gatewaylax.com

Looks like they have airfares for around $1300 or less for that timeframe

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I noticed something, most of the huge discount fare sites are not including BA so I went directly to BA site and their fare is about half of what everyone else is charging. Maybe it has something to do with the BA planes being used by the guy who was poisoned with the radioactive materials. Dunno.

Not sure what to do at this point but we have time and maybe by then things will be cleared up.

Paul Misses Anna

BA is great going to Moscow, since you fly into Домодедово. The bad part is that you will probably get an overnight layover in London coming back to the states. (I like London, this is fine for me)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
BA is great going to Moscow, since you fly into Домодедово. The bad part is that you will probably get an overnight layover in London coming back to the states. (I like London, this is fine for me)

This might be a little off topic from the original post but when you have an overnight in London lets say, who provides the accomodation? Is the the airline or the individual?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This might be a little off topic from the original post but when you have an overnight in London lets say, who provides the accommodation? Is the airline or the individual?
Individual! You can stay at the airport over night for free if you like. That is what most Russians do at train stations and airports.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Individual! You can stay at the airport over night for free if you like. That is what most Russians do at train stations and airports.

A decent hotel in London will run you about 100 GBP ($200). About $30 for the train, plus $15 for a cab. Nice thing about Heathrow, you can pay them to hold your bags. (Most US airports don't do this, most Russian ones do.)

From Russia, you will probably get in around 10:00 PM, then leave the next morning between 9 and 11. In my case, I would save the money for a hotel and go out drinking with my friends. Head back to the airport around 6, just in time to catch a 9:00 flight.

You could also try going through Paris, Athens, Amsterdam or Helsinki.

KLM isn't showing up on expedia, but you can book that flight directly with them. (www.klm.nl - warning, it is in Dutch). About 300 EUR now, good deal if you can get to Amsterdam cheap (It is a Northwest hub, there are nonstops from most US cities)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Timeline

I checked last night with Delta from Atlanta...fell outa my chair when I saw the price increase Atlanta roundtrip to Moscow...about a $1000 more than I've been paying.

I gave them a call and heard all kinds of excuses. I told a friend about it and he told me he already knew and planned his trip via KLM and said he saved some bucks.

I like direct flights but I think Delta has done dropped off the deep end.

bruc

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Paul,

Good luck!

I just ran a search saw a lot of round-trip flights from Moscow that looked like normal priced fairs to me. Example: from Moscow on Feb.6 to NYC, and returning to Moscow on Mar. 6 ranged from $600 to $850. Maybe you’re not looking very good...

from Andrew

Timeline

I was blown away at what a round trip from St. Petersburg to Jacksonville Florida is in February too (about $2,300 - $2,800). However, a round trip from Jacksonville to St. Petersburg can be had for less than $700 :thumbs: . I am going to check the restrictions, but I think whe can just use the return segment, and I'll save over 66%!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I was blown away at what a round trip from St. Petersburg to Jacksonville Florida is in February too (about $2,300 - $2,800). However, a round trip from Jacksonville to St. Petersburg can be had for less than $700 :thumbs: . I am going to check the restrictions, but I think whe can just use the return segment, and I'll save over 66%!

Last week I purcahsed a oneway ticket from ekaterinburg to Moscow to JFK (refundable) for 850 n auroflot the russian airline. They are pretty ood, the food is better than on delta

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.