Steve S

my wife is a natural born shooter

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Do people still talk guns in the RUB forum? I want to brag on my wife -- I took her to a "Shooting 101" class yesterday. Her very first time firing a weapon (or so she claims), she put each of her first 20 rounds in the center of the target (.22 at 5 yards). Tight grouping. She also did well with the 9 mm -- better than I did.

I think we have caught the bug . . . .

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Shooting always fun and good protection, join the NRA.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Do people still talk guns in the RUB forum? I want to brag on my wife -- I took her to a "Shooting 101" class yesterday. Her very first time firing a weapon (or so she claims), she put each of her first 20 rounds in the center of the target (.22 at 5 yards). Tight grouping. She also did well with the 9 mm -- better than I did.

Awesome! I want to learn to shoot when i'm in the US too. Lol.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh yeah!

post-44804-0-83568900-1378682306_thumb.jpgpost-44804-0-85601900-1378682338_thumb.jpg

More photos of shooting at my profile page, or just click "photos" under the avatar

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Awesome! I want to learn to shoot when i'm in the US too. Lol.

Alla does extremely well shooting a .22 rilfe at 100 yards and a .22 pistol at an indoor 25 yd. range.

She uses a Winchester M52 rifle and S&W M41 handgun. She tried skeet shooting but did not like it. Her problem is that she does not wantr to do anything she determines she cannot "do well". She did quite well with the rifle and pistol right off and stuck with those. Shooting clay targets was frustrating and she gave up after a few tries. I think she also did not care for the recoil and noise of a shotgun. To each their own. The boys like shooting skeet and consider rifle and pistol shooting "boring".

She has earned her own respect at the shooting club we belong to and is no longer referred to as "Gary's wife" by the other shooters. She is "Alla Shootistova"

I, on the other hand, am STILL known at Lowe's as "Alla's husband"

Alla often does better than I do at both rifle and pistol shooting.

Gary And Alla

Nice!

When I get home, I'll post some pics too.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I, on the other hand, am STILL known at Lowe's as "Alla's husband"

Awww! Lol. I have to tell you, after reading all your stories, she sounds great. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

I wish my wife would at least try it....

I am surprised she would not.

They shot rifles in school in Russia. Alla was fascinated with guns, she used to shoot air rifles at an indoor range in Donetsk. She was thrilled to be able to oen "real guns" and even wanted to "buy her own" when the time came. She then bought me a nice Russian Over/Under which has surprisingly good features for a shotgun of that price range, for my "Man's Day" Gift (Feb. 23)

She loves shooting .22 rifles and handguns. Once she tried it she was hooked and goes to the range by herself, usually more than me! She was sorry to give it up when winter came and I suggested indoor pistol shooting. She tried that and liked it also, but she does not care for large, loud centerfire handguns. I bought her a M41 S&W which is a classic target pistol and she does very well with it

She if you can coral her outdoors with a .22 rilfe sometime and some "reactive" targets. Eggs work good but RUB women tend to object to shooting at food. Vanilla wafers make good targets, the birds clean up the mess and no RUB woman in her right mind considers a box of vanilla wafers "food". Tell her she is preventing children from eating them.rofl.gif

She shows her girlfriends in Ukraine photos of her guns and they ALL want to have guns and shoot. I bet you can persuade your wife to try it.

Set it up as a competition. her against you. Nothing they like better than kicking your butt in some form of competition. See who can hit the most Vanilla wafers with 10 shots. stand close enough that she can actually hit them. If that is 10 ft., then so be it

I have not met many people that did not like shooting once they tried it.

Gary And Alla

I wish my wife would at least try it....

The key to getting them out there is to find a friend or two of hers and convince all of them that it's a fun day out in nature and they can enjoy a day outside. Also, that you're only staying for a half hour or so and that's it. Don't be too pressing. If you can get her friend's boyfriend to join you too, it's a win-win. You have a new shooting buddy and the girls can get some trigger time.

Some pics from the last Appleseed we went to -

IMAG0049_zpsbfd2be84.jpg

IMAG0046_zps48dc9cdb.jpg

And just hanging out at home -

2011-10-31202758_zps6a16227c.jpg

2012-01-08204152_zps67902b45.jpg

Because you can never have enough armor -

2011-08-23225215_zps582eda1e.jpg

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The key to getting them out there is to find a friend or two of hers and convince all of them that it's a fun day out in nature and they can enjoy a day outside. Also, that you're only staying for a half hour or so and that's it. Don't be too pressing. If you can get her friend's boyfriend to join you too, it's a win-win. You have a new shooting buddy and the girls can get some trigger time.

Some pics from the last Appleseed we went to -

IMAG0049_zpsbfd2be84.jpg

IMAG0046_zps48dc9cdb.jpg

And just hanging out at home -

2011-10-31202758_zps6a16227c.jpg

2012-01-08204152_zps67902b45.jpg

Because you can never have enough armor -

2011-08-23225215_zps582eda1e.jpg

You perv. You only wanted a RUB wife because you know they are submissive and will do anything you say and serve you sexually day and night. We know! rofl.gif

So I am guessing there is not borsht and blini on the table when you get home from work?rofl.gif

Alla has expressed some small interest in owning a "Kalashnikov". So far not enough to actually buy one. I tried to get her to buy a Mosin-Nagant M91. But she said it was too heavy.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I haven't been much into firearms but lately my wife has been pestering me about signing us up for some training and then buying a few guns. Not sure where this is headed, but we will see.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

I haven't been much into firearms but lately my wife has been pestering me about signing us up for some training and then buying a few guns. Not sure where this is headed, but we will see.

We have a lot of fun with it. We usually end up making a day of it...shooting in the afternoon, that usually leads to shopping somewhere (everything leads to shopping somewhere) dinner out and maybe a movie.

Start with a GOOD .22 rifle or handgun. People often make the mistake of buying a cheap .22 because they think "It's just a .22" It is one of the most useful and popular guns in the world! Buy a good one. They are cheap to shoot, little noise and virtually no recoil so they keep things fun without a lot of distraction. Alla's main goal is to make holes in targets and .22s do that just as well as anything, she has no interest in "heavy, noisy guns" To each their own, but a ,22 is where to start

Her idea for training classes and safety instruction is good!

Gary And Alla

I wish I had that problem.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for the great pics, Gary and Slim! I predict the beginning of our collection -- a .22 target pistol, and something more substantial as home defense and for me to have fun with at the range. Looking forward to trying a rifle.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.