Steve S

my wife is a natural born shooter

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Kinda off-topic, kinda on-topic, oops8rh.gif but in my depressed funk that:

Oct. 1 is fast approaching

I live in Maryland

I haven't bought myself an "assault" (semi-automatic, scary-looking regular rifle) rifle yet

...I'm looking for alternatives. Has anyone bought or tried a Glock (or any pistol) carbine before?

I'm looking at the MechTech and CAA RONI options (you can find them with a simple Google search - I'm fearful of putting links here and upsetting the Mods again). Both seem reasonably priced, easy to assemble, look like they're fun to shoot, and look pretty bad*ss...but, can they shoot well downrange? Do they have major issues feeding and ejecting rounds? Do you feel it was worth the price ($350+) or do you wish you'd bought a rifle instead? What's your experience owning/shooting one? If anyone has tried a pistol carbine kit before, please let us know what it was like!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kinda off-topic, kinda on-topic, oops8rh.gif but in my depressed funk that:

Oct. 1 is fast approaching

I live in Maryland

I haven't bought myself an "assault" (semi-automatic, scary-looking regular rifle) rifle yet

...I'm looking for alternatives. Has anyone bought or tried a Glock (or any pistol) carbine before?

I'm looking at the MechTech and CAA RONI options (you can find them with a simple Google search - I'm fearful of putting links here and upsetting the Mods again). Both seem reasonably priced, easy to assemble, look like they're fun to shoot, and look pretty bad*ss...but, can they shoot well downrange? Do they have major issues feeding and ejecting rounds? Do you feel it was worth the price ($350+) or do you wish you'd bought a rifle instead? What's your experience owning/shooting one? If anyone has tried a pistol carbine kit before, please let us know what it was like!

I am not sure of your intent. If it is to continue living without freedom and to buy something as wicked looking as your masters will allow you to own, then I would look into some harmless semi-auto rifle. The regular Mini-14 or Ruger Ranch rifle usually escape the notice of dumb@sses that base laws on cosmetics. Either is functionally identical to deadly rifles like the AR15 and shoot the same ammunition. Even the Remington M742 semi auto is available in .223 and is identical in function to an AR15. The wood stock prevents it from hurting anyone. If you must, you can get it with a black plastic stock. Even, how about a good ol' M1 carbine? That used to be a real good truck rifle when I was kid before it was discovered to be harmless. They killed a lot of bad guys in 3 wars...more than the "deadly" AR15 ever killed. And perhaps one of the best harmless semi-autos ever made, the Winchester M1907 (oh yeah, there were semi autos more than 100 years ago, but they were harmless) Dumb@ss prison guards made the M1907 one of the most popular law enforcement rifles ever (before they figured out they are harmless without a bayonet lug) I have one and it is great fun to shoot but you have to make your own ammo. This takes some of the luster off that one...but it looks cool!

Unless you are stuck on semi autos, there is a fairly good selection of compact lever action rifles in both pistol and rifle chamberings available.

I am not a fan of handgun/rifles (handrifles?) as they are the worst of both worlds. They would have very limited practical use. It you just want one because they look cool...that's OK too.

You can also get pistol caliber real rifles. Ruger used to make a series of plastic stocked carbines chambered for pistol cartridges like the .40 and 9mm. Not to mention the great Ruger .44 carbine. All are harmless of course, because they do not look so nasty. Looks are just that, looks.

The problem with the handrifles is not the function, which will be similar to the pistol they are based on. The problem is that they do not have the full stock support of a real rifle and do not have the portability of a handgun. They manage to give up the best of what both have to offer. I have exactly ONE such rifle, the old AR-7 .22 rifle. It takes apart and fits in its stock and even floats. It is, as it is named. designed as a "survival rifle" It is a compromise and is designed as such.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The key to getting them out there is to find a friend or two of hers and convince all of them that it's a fun day out in nature and they can enjoy a day outside. Also, that you're only staying for a half hour or so and that's it. Don't be too pressing. If you can get her friend's boyfriend to join you too, it's a win-win. You have a new shooting buddy and the girls can get some trigger time.

Some pics from the last Appleseed we went to -

IMAG0049_zpsbfd2be84.jpg

IMAG0046_zps48dc9cdb.jpg

And just hanging out at home -

2011-10-31202758_zps6a16227c.jpg

2012-01-08204152_zps67902b45.jpg

Because you can never have enough armor -

2011-08-23225215_zps582eda1e.jpg

You gotta love those black rifles!:) We were out walking last night and I told her if she wanted to walk alone at night she needed two things with her, a cell phone and she said a gun! Bless her heart she's becoming an American already!:)

event.png

Timeline

You gotta love those black rifles!smile.png We were out walking last night and I told her if she wanted to walk alone at night she needed two things with her, a cell phone and she said a gun! Bless her heart she's becoming an American already!smile.png

And if one of them gets left at home, it should be the cell phone

Gary And Alla

Timeline

And if one of them gets left at home, it should be the cell phone

You got that right!:) I gave her an old woodland camo shirt tonight and she actually got excited, wow I love that woman!:)

event.png

Timeline

You got that right!smile.png I gave her an old woodland camo shirt tonight and she actually got excited, wow I love that woman!smile.png

Alla loves to shoot but she would NOT be excited about a woodland camo shirt. laughing.gif She is definitely a "lipstick shootistova".

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Alla loves to shoot but she would NOT be excited about a woodland camo shirt. laughing.gif She is definitely a "lipstick shootistova".

Oh I never said she wouldn't have lipstick on, that's a must whenever she leaves the house. Of course the color would not 'clash' with the camo shirt as well.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.