tuja

cr1. visa denied

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear about this. Lagos was on a roll. Would you please list the your evidence you submitted. You say you front-loaded.

What did you submit?

Can you list the questions you said they seem to focus on?

Seems whatever evidence that was sent in they weren't convinced. And honestly you saying you don't even want to come to the US they may know that to and well granting you what you want.

Was you not wanting to come to US mentioned in your evidence submitted?

Honestly speaking your red flags is really no issue. I know quite a few older women/younger men marriages who flew through interview age was never even brought up or an issue.

I would say something submitted didn't sit well with the CO.

Your case will be sent back to USCIS for wither a Notice to revoke or Notice to deny or a straight reaffirm.

here is the timeline. Between now and 9 months your case will go back to USCIS and you will get notice of them making a decision on your case.

The 221g they gave you did it ask you for any documents or just said you will be sent back to USCIS? If so that is a straight denial.

We submitted pictures,wedding and the outing,both nigeria and malaysia, I took the yahoo chat and skype chat with me on the interview, we don't use phone call,because we use skype video call everywhere we are,cause if we don't see eachother in a day,it get crazy, so we never even think of phone call,is today I was asking my wife to load credit on her phone so incase they want to call her. We don't even use email,is funny though,I am not sure if people do understand us,skype technology make us forget some things and even we never think of this thing much,we just move on with our life. I love america and I have applied for the student and one visiting before I met her,it is when I met her I promise to visit her and I applied for the forth attempt,but because of this interview and mostly all the time I go,they don't ask me too much question and they will just make such bad decision and make me feel as if maybe I didn't do well,this is why I didn't want to bother on usa visa and also I didn't puut anything on the doc that I don't want to go to usa,but to my thinking,I think with my formal applications,they think I really want to go to usa,but every attempt has a reason

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Loving America and loving your wife are two different things. Applying for America visa several times before meeting your wife is a red flag because it might seem like your desperately looking for a way to finally get to USA since you've been denied several times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello!! The issue of age is not a problem.. have seen 30yrs diff. got it right.. The major problem here is your previous application.. Everybody has a reason to believe you only got into this relationship for visa purpose only (Also with the age diff.). CO are not fools, thr actually know what happening in Nigerian even more than some Nigerian.......lol

Malaysia: What are you doing in Malaysia...Believe me, staying in Malaysia at your age is also a VERY BIG RED FLAG... Am sure you know what am talking about.. This people read news and quite aware of what happening....You can beat them..and that why AMERICA IS THE BEST....

BE TRUTHFUL: Even reading all you previous messages it look shaky...inconsistent.....With my little experience in Nigeria, everybody has 10% of getting it right.. but if you're truthful, nobody can stop you..

ITS NOT OVER! you learn more about yourself in defeat. Dust down, right the wrongs and take a move to correct those mistakes.. Your wife can still make it happen.. Sure, she will get a letter in 4 to 9months.. let her contact her congressman.. and am pretty sure all will be fine.. This just to test you guys commitment in this relationship.. Never give up..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My visa was denied yesterday,to me,I think is because of the red flags involve and is like the decision has been made before I got there,just they want to hear what I need to say,because all the question ask of me are all answered and simple that I thought it should be,This is really bad for me and my wife,well we just need to accept the faith.

I was given a paper written on it that it is pending and will be sent back to nvc and they will get back to my wife after the review is completed,please what can I do,really I don't really want to go to usa,but my wife insist,because of medical and some amenities she can't get here in nigeria and going to another country is like starting a new life for her which is going to be difficult. Please tell me what we need to do

'we need to do' ?

1. honor your faith.

2. honor your decision to not go to the USA.

----

why? Your wife not give over evidence to overcome the red flags, when doing DS-230 submittal.

Sure, she might have another chance at it, if a NOID/R is issued to her, but let's just assume not, for the moment.

----

You'd rather not go to the USA, so (IMO) it's best you honor your decision to stay in Nigeria or Malaysia.

Still in Malaysia? Suggest your wife move there and settle down. Why? Medical facilities there much better than Nigeria, and she'll find the cost of living to be less than in the USA.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Loving America and loving your wife are two different things. Applying for America visa several times before meeting your wife is a red flag because it might seem like your desperately looking for a way to finally get to USA since you've been denied several times.

Yes you are right,I thought of it too,just that when I was applying,I wasn't desperate,I had an opportunity then to have got an admission on the course I wanted to do and the school really tried for me then by sending me everything I need to applied for the visa,so when I went there,they didn't say much and I thought maybe I am the one that is not doing well and I requested the school to resend me the form I-20 again and they did,so I went back,same thing happen. The 3rd time was when a lady friend I met and fell inlove with,I will say this woman is like an angel that I care for,she got epilepsy and I was even wanting her to come down to nigeria and stay with me,but she said she can't come to nigeria,bcos she can't fly,this is why I tried to visit her then and this time,I was already getting ready to go to malaysia then,well the visa was denied and the 4th is to visit my wife,we were not married then,so all this has different reason but I know they won't see it ike that.well thanks everyone

Timeline

Hello!! The issue of age is not a problem.. have seen 30yrs diff. got it right.. The major problem here is your previous application.. Everybody has a reason to believe you only got into this relationship for visa purpose only (Also with the age diff.). CO are not fools, thr actually know what happening in Nigerian even more than some Nigerian.......lol

Malaysia: What are you doing in Malaysia...Believe me, staying in Malaysia at your age is also a VERY BIG RED FLAG... Am sure you know what am talking about.. This people read news and quite aware of what happening....You can beat them..and that why AMERICA IS THE BEST....

BE TRUTHFUL: Even reading all you previous messages it look shaky...inconsistent.....With my little experience in Nigeria, everybody has 10% of getting it right.. but if you're truthful, nobody can stop you..

ITS NOT OVER! you learn more about yourself in defeat. Dust down, right the wrongs and take a move to correct those mistakes.. Your wife can still make it happen.. Sure, she will get a letter in 4 to 9months.. let her contact her congressman.. and am pretty sure all will be fine.. This just to test you guys commitment in this relationship.. Never give up..

Please may I know when she should go to the congressman,is it after she hear from the uscis or what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please may I know when she should go to the congressman,is it after she hear from the uscis or what?

The minute you came out of embassy she should have been on phone. She needs to be on this monday ASAP.

Tell her to go online to her congressman's website fill out the consent letter and send and email and follow up monday with phone call. Time is of the essence. Nowish.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The minute you came out of embassy she should have been on phone. She needs to be on this monday ASAP.

Tell her to go online to her congressman's website fill out the consent letter and send and email and follow up monday with phone call. Time is of the essence. Nowish.

Please do you have the congressman website she can go to to fill out the for,because the one she called,it was the secretary that pic and told her she will send her form,but I think that will take time

Filed: Timeline

Please do you have the congressman website she can go to to fill out the for,because the one she called,it was the secretary that pic and told her she will send her form,but I think that will take time

My friend, your USC person needs to be driving this and will be tedious for you to do from Nigeria. You are already days behind. As an example before my Fiancee got back to Ibadan from Lagos (4 hours or so) ALL my Congresspersons office already knew who I was. Because I was proactive (took the day off) called, filled out, faxed back and called back to make sure that they got the fax of the release note.

In any case it led to nowhere becasue my Congress person had no real immigration bite at least at that time, others have been lucky with their Congressperson though. Reason I bring this up is that you should have a back up plan and that just notifying your Congressperson doesn't mean that they'll be able to help you.

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ plug in your zipcode here. Their website will have the document to fill out and you can fax even if they are not open yet.

Good luck. "Eni Ti Oba Yara, Ni Ogun Ngbe" and "Omo Ti Oba Gapa, Ni Obi Re Ngbe".

PS: According to a ConOff, the post doesn't really care about Congressperson. It's said that it slows the process down for others and just shows that their Congressperson is working for their constituents but nothing really happens because they got contacted by them. This may just be a Lagos thing though.

Edited by Gowon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.