Danno

Evolution vs God. New viral vid has Atheists Pissed

241 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Lets not forget the other equally likely-to-be true religions

Scientology...

The new Jedi religion that believes in "The Force"

The Heavens gate UFO cult that had faith so strong members castrated themselves and had a mass suicide when comet Hale-Bop was visible in the sky.

About the video.. I made it a few minutes into it until he asked "Can you show me current proof of evolution" and tried to be smart when the guy mentioned dinosaurs.. How about this: A scientist was able to change E coli Bacteria to eat a food source that was previously poison.. It took him 25 years of his life and over 30,000 generations of bacteria but he did it.. And he froze the generations as he went so you can see the two processes that evolved separately and at different times that combined to create the evolved bacteria.. http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/345247/description/E_coli_caught_in_the_act_of_evolving .. If they are going to lob a softball like that and ignore evidence then the rest of the video does not deserve my time.

They need some new Shtick if they are looking to make atheists "angry"... Though really nobody wins by believing they are going to turn to dust and end their existence when they die, it would be awesome if it were not true.

original.jpg

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why would this piss anyone off again?

That's what I don't get but they are all over Youtube trying to respond to it with their own videos.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It is not "Evolution vs God" among most of those that believe in God, only those that take the Bible (or the Koran, or any other sacred religious text) literally with a childlike mind, which okay if that is you, but you do not speak for all Theists. It is quite possible to believe in a Creator and believe that evolution is the path He set in motion.

No I don't speak for all theists, in fact I don't think I spoke at all on the issue.

As I have listened to this topic over the years I realized 95% of the people either rely on faith in Scriptures they really know little about or faith in a theory that science has put forth.... which they know little about.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

This video is stupid... Going up to college undergrads and asking them for observational evidence of "change of kind" evolution in order to prove intelligent design doesn't prove anything...

Recently I was asking if anyone had heard from you and lo and behold, he appears! It's been a long time. How have you been?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

A H.A.G. did a very nice rebuttal..

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Recently I was asking if anyone had heard from you and lo and behold, he appears! It's been a long time. How have you been?

Ahh, spooky. One of the few names I recognize on this board. Glad to see you are still toughing it out.

I've been well, school has kept me busy. I hope to one day finally climb out of debt and graduate. How've you been?

A H.A.G. did a very nice rebuttal..

Nice critique!

Edited by -Matt-
21FUNNY.gif

Ahh, spooky. One of the few names I recognize on this board. Glad to see you are still toughing it out.

I've been well, school has kept me busy. I hope to one day finally climb out of debt and graduate. How've you been?

I'm still hanging on by a thread or two. devil.gif I don't remember where you were/are. I thought you were overseas somewhere the last time you posted. That has to be 2 years ago or so?

There are still a few of us old timers around. Some have changed their names so you probably would remember some of them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I'm still hanging on by a thread or two. devil.gif I don't remember where you were/are. I thought you were overseas somewhere the last time you posted. That has to be 2 years ago or so?

There are still a few of us old timers around. Some have changed their names so you probably would remember some of them.

Glad to hear. Sh!t, the last time I was a regular on here was back in 2008-2009 I think.

Edited by -Matt-
21FUNNY.gif

Glad to hear. Sh!t, the last time I was a regular on here was back in 2008-2009 I think.

Booyah got banned a couple of years ago. Marc still pops in once in a while to cause trouble, but things are nowhere near as crazy as they were back then.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Booyah got banned a couple of years ago. Marc still pops in once in a while to cause trouble, but things are nowhere near as crazy as they were back then.

Guess the mods finally got a handle on all you troublemakers. RIP the good 'ol days.

Edited by -Matt-
21FUNNY.gif