jgoodman

September 2013 Filers

1,034 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just wanted to check in and see if you had any news?!? I sincerely hope that you've at least received a substantive update about the progress of your case, if not your NOA2?? I'm sure it can't be far off now...

Take solace in the fact that once you get over this hurdle, things should move MUCH faster. It was exactly 1 month from NOA2 to visa-in-hand for us! This was, I think, a little faster than average but still, nothing like the interminable NOA2 wait!

Keep us posted, and in the meantime, sending happy thoughts your way!

Hi nina.mb

So glad to hear things are finally moving along for you guys. Thanks for thinking of us. Unfortunately, we still have no good news to report...well, no approval anyway and the last check-in we did with USCIS they basically told us to buzz off and wait. They said there's nothing else they can tell us. So that's where we are. Sigh. Well, at least it's good to hear that the next steps move a lot faster because this is excruciating. We did fax a letter to our congressman, so far no response from him. I'll tell my fiancée to call his office this week instead. Thanks again for your encouraging words. All the best to you and your love. Please pray that we will hear something soon.

Approved! ! !

Had my interview this morning! I'll post reviews of it all this weekend most likely.

So happy for you! Especially after all the problems you had at the beginning.

B had his AOS biometrics yesterday. Now for more waiting!

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

Just wanted to check in and see if you had any news?!? I sincerely hope that you've at least received a substantive update about the progress of your case, if not your NOA2?? I'm sure it can't be far off now...

Take solace in the fact that once you get over this hurdle, things should move MUCH faster. It was exactly 1 month from NOA2 to visa-in-hand for us! This was, I think, a little faster than average but still, nothing like the interminable NOA2 wait!

Keep us posted, and in the meantime, sending happy thoughts your way!

Thanks SO much for your encouragement, it really means a lot during this time. No, we are still waiting. There are days I am so happy and positive about it and then other days when I am just depressed and think it's never going to happen. Today was the latter... But, I'm just trying to hold on to my faith and I believe that God will come through for us. We heard back from our congressman who said they told him the same thing they told us--that they're still waiting to clear background checks and to just wait. So it seems like that's all he's going to do. I thought his clout could get us some real answers but they just told him what they told us and that was that. My thing is, how long does a background check take? Like, seriously? This is so super frustrating.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Congratulations!! We are getting married this weekend. We will be right behind you filing for our AOS, EAD, and AP.

do you still need a medical examination for AOS?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Things have been insane around here lately. We moved into our new house on the 2nd of May and S arrived on the 5th. He shipped out his things, so as soon as we somewhat got my things unpacked his arrived. Ha! We're getting married on the 4th of July. Life is good!

K-1:

I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox: 20/09/2013

USPS delivery confirmation: 23/09/2013

Check cashed: 26/09/2013

NOA1 email: 26/09/2013

NOA1 hardcopy: 28/09/2013

Alien Registration Number: 18/10/2013

NOA2 email: 29/10/2013

NOA2 hardcopy: 31/10/2013

TSC ships to NVC: 12/11/2013

NVC received: 15/11/2013

NVC left: 22/11/2013

London received: 25/11/2013

CEAC marked as "Ready" 02/12/2013

'Packet 3' received: 18/12/2013

DS-2001 emailed: 02/01/2014

Medical: 13/01/2014

Medical logged: 16/01/2014

Interview scheduled (CEAC update called DoS): 23/01/2014

Interview: 20/02/2014...APPROVED!!!

CEAC case creation date changed: 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Administrative Processing 21/02/2014

CEAC changed to Issued: 24/02/2014

DX delivered visa package: 27/02/2014

Entered US: 05/05/2014

Married: 04/07/2014

NOA1-NOA2 = 33 days

AOS:

Filed: 22/07/14

NOA1: 27/07/14

Biometrics: 02/09/14

EAD/AP:16/09/14

NPIW letter: 02/01/15

RFE for new medical: 21/05/2015

RFE mailed: 15/06/2015

AOS approved: 23/07/2015

Welcome Notice rec'd: 25/07/2015

Green Card rc'd: 24/08/2015

NOA1-NOA2 = 364 DAYS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Things have been insane around here lately. We moved into our new house on the 2nd of May and S arrived on the 5th. He shipped out his things, so as soon as we somewhat got my things unpacked his arrived. Ha! We're getting married on the 4th of July. Life is good!

Congratulations!!

Timeline

AOS Update

Thought I would let you guys know about our AOS process so far.

We sent our package with the AOS, EAD, and AP documents and electronic notification request forms priority mail on May 2. It was signed for on May 5. On the web site it says you should get a confirmation of receipt within 10 days. Well we just received the e-mails yesterday, May 22.

I guess I was spoiled by the prompt reply I received when I submitted the I-129 package.

We are now waiting for the confirmation to come in the mail.

Best of luck to all.

Cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

AOS Update

Thought I would let you guys know about our AOS process so far.

We sent our package with the AOS, EAD, and AP documents and electronic notification request forms priority mail on May 2. It was signed for on May 5. On the web site it says you should get a confirmation of receipt within 10 days. Well we just received the e-mails yesterday, May 22.

I guess I was spoiled by the prompt reply I received when I submitted the I-129 package.

We are now waiting for the confirmation to come in the mail.

Best of luck to all.

Cheers!

I will be filing my AOS package next month (its pretty much ready to go) and this is the thing that bugs me! I'm a naturally impatient person, so the speedy NOA we got for filing the I-129F was a blessing. I'm going to be very impatient for the AOS NOAs because I've seen that they can take their sweet time getting to you.

Good luck on the journey, it would be nice if us September filers could all update each other on AOS progress :)

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

Timeline

We finally received the three confirmation letters in the mail.

At the same time we are trying to bring over Annie's two daughters over as K2 follow to join. There have been no interview dates available for over a month now. We have called and talked with the embassy but they just keep saying to wait until more dates become available. I was hoping they could be here in time to attend an English class before school starts in August..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Sent my husbands AOS package last month.

My husband had biometrics appt May 8 for EAD and AP. Waiting for apporval on that...Hoping we will get it in JUNE! :-)

I'll keep you updated :thumbs:

I will be filing my AOS package next month (its pretty much ready to go) and this is the thing that bugs me! I'm a naturally impatient person, so the speedy NOA we got for filing the I-129F was a blessing. I'm going to be very impatient for the AOS NOAs because I've seen that they can take their sweet time getting to you.

Good luck on the journey, it would be nice if us September filers could all update each other on AOS progress :)

Jess & Mohamed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.