17 posts in this topic

hi i am dominican my boyfriend applied for a k1 visa on August 14 had five months but every time I go to check my case only says initial review we are to September 1st and we had information of nothing, the problem is that I'm pregnant and my boyfriend and I do not know if we have time to get it and the child is born in the united states pleasee someone who knows more about this and can tell me about how much longer we have to wait. and we would have to do if the baby is born in dominican republic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

K1 application might be adjudicated between 5 to 9 months depends on workload and if or any RFE will be issued. Please don't worry about your unborn baby's birth place now. He/she will become US citizen by birth regardless because of your boyfriend's citizenship. Take a good care of yourself right now

hi i am dominican my boyfriend applied for a k1 visa on August 14 had five months but every time I go to check my case only says initial review we are to September 1st and we had information of nothing, the problem is that I'm pregnant and my boyfriend and I do not know if we have time to get it and the child is born in the united states pleasee someone who knows more about this and can tell me about how much longer we have to wait. and we would have to do if the baby is born in dominican republic

What is the date of the NOA1 (letter saying USCIS has received the petition)?

What is your due date?

I can give you more information once I know these dates.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was also pregnant during our K1 process. We applied in August 2012 and I fell pregnant at the end of September 2012. Our initial plan, based on the promise of a 5 month wait, was for me to have the baby in the US...it didn't happen. Baby was due June 15th 2013, but came 11 weeks early April 3rd 2013. My fiance missed the birth...and we hadn't even received our NOA2 yet.

When is your due date? The likelihood is, based on the fact you cannot fly after a certain date, your baby will be born in the Dominican. Try and make plans for your Fiance to come over around the due date (we did this... but obviously baby had other ideas)

I didn't receive my NOA2 until May 13th 2013 and I am still not in the states. I fly Wednesday 11th. Do not worry about your baby's status, he/she will automatically be granted US Citizenship, you will have to make a trip to the US embassy to report their birth and apply for a US passport for them at which point they can fly over with you. It won't affect your visa, and I have heard (and found due to my approval) that your baby works in your favour as far as evidence of relationship goes!

Good luck with both your pregnancy and your visa!

Options:

1) If you are pregnant, you can expedite your case. You can expedite your case by calling USCIS customer service, and letting them you would like to expedite your case (please see link below). Then, you will need to submit proof of pregnancy to the service center.

USCIS Customer Service: 1-800-375-5283

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

2) Also, you can write to your US senator and representative so that they can help you with you case.

3) Enter your dates in the VJ timeline sections, and it will estimate when your case will adjudicated.

Hope this helps and everything works out!

What is the date of the NOA1 (letter saying USCIS has received the petition)?

What is your due date?

I can give you more information once I know these dates.

this is what the uscis web site say:

Initial Review

On March 14, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

AND THIS IS THE MESSAGE MY BF GOT.:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WAC1390433623. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

I was also pregnant during our K1 process. We applied in August 2012 and I fell pregnant at the end of September 2012. Our initial plan, based on the promise of a 5 month wait, was for me to have the baby in the US...it didn't happen. Baby was due June 15th 2013, but came 11 weeks early April 3rd 2013. My fiance missed the birth...and we hadn't even received our NOA2 yet.

When is your due date? The likelihood is, based on the fact you cannot fly after a certain date, your baby will be born in the Dominican. Try and make plans for your Fiance to come over around the due date (we did this... but obviously baby had other ideas)

I didn't receive my NOA2 until May 13th 2013 and I am still not in the states. I fly Wednesday 11th. Do not worry about your baby's status, he/she will automatically be granted US Citizenship, you will have to make a trip to the US embassy to report their birth and apply for a US passport for them at which point they can fly over with you. It won't affect your visa, and I have heard (and found due to my approval) that your baby works in your favour as far as evidence of relationship goes!

Good luck with both your pregnancy and your visa!

OOOH THANK YOU VERY MUCH NOW I FEEL LITTLE MORE QUIET, I WAS WORRIED CAUSE I THOUGHT IF I HAVE THE BABY HERE HE WONT BE ABLE TO FLY WITH ME. IF GOD WILLING IM SUPPOSED TO DELIVERY THE BABY DECEMBER 19TH.

Timeline

Options:

1) If you are pregnant, you can expedite your case. You can expedite your case by calling USCIS customer service, and letting them you would like to expedite your case (please see link below). Then, you will need to submit proof of pregnancy to the service center.

USCIS Customer Service: 1-800-375-5283

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

2) Also, you can write to your US senator and representative so that they can help you with you case.

3) Enter your dates in the VJ timeline sections, and it will estimate when your case will adjudicated.

Hope this helps and everything works out!

pregnancy is not a valid reason to expedite your process. I was pregnant and unable to do this.

Timeline

OOOH THANK YOU VERY MUCH NOW I FEEL LITTLE MORE QUIET, I WAS WORRIED CAUSE I THOUGHT IF I HAVE THE BABY HERE HE WONT BE ABLE TO FLY WITH ME. IF GOD WILLING IM SUPPOSED TO DELIVERY THE BABY DECEMBER 19TH.

you're welcome :)

do not try to expedite your process as another user has advised, you will be denied as pregnancy is not a valid reason to do this. Your case will be taken out of the queue, looked at, denied and then put further back than you were to start with.

Just wait it out, cases are processing more quickly this year, we had an unfortunately long wait! But seems to be much better for people this year. I can't see you having the baby in the states, but you may be able to go over shortly after.

Your fiance can always come over for the birth (or try to)

yes he is supposed to come if the baby is born here. u will fly this month or u are alredy in usa, are u going to take the baby with u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

pregnancy is not a valid reason to expedite your process. I was pregnant and unable to do this.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read the other user's comment. I have read about a lot of couples where the beneficiary was pregnant, and they tried to expedite the process without success. Sorry OP, you will have to wait.

Edited by HK12

K1 Visa
Feb. 29, 2012: I-129F sent
March 8, 2012: NOA1 (VSC)
August 30, 2012: NOA2
Oct. 1, 2012: Packet 3 received
Nov. 3, 2012: Packet 4 received
Nov. 15, 2012: Interview - approved!
Jan. 18, 2013: POE New York Seaport
Feb. 2, 2013: Wedding

AOS
March 6, 2013: AOS Package sent
March 12, 2013: I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA's
March 29, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

May 10, 2013: EAD/AP approved
Sept. 5, 2013: "Potential Interview Waiver Case" letter received
Nov. 2, 2013: AOS approved (no interview)

ROC
Aug. 4, 2015: I-751 sent
Aug. 6, 2015: NOA1 (CSC)
Sept. 4, 2015: Biometrics Appointment
Feb. 10, 2016: ROC approved

Dual Citizenship
Aug. 26, 2016: BBG application sent (permit to retain German citizenship)
Nov. 21, 2016: BBG approval notice received (p/u at German Honorary Consulate, OKC: Feb. 6, 2017)
Dec. 8, 2016: N-400 sent
Dec. 12, 2016: Priority Date (NBC)

Jan. 9, 2017: Biometrics Appointment

Aug. 31, 2017: In-Line for Interview

Sept. 6, 2017: Interview Scheduled

Oct. 16, 2017: Interview

Oct. 25, 2017: Oath Appointment Letter received

Nov. 1, 2017: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

yes he is supposed to come if the baby is born here. u will fly this month or u are alredy in usa, are u going to take the baby with u

I'm flying in 10 days on the 11th September. Yes our son is flying with me, he has a US passport and consular report of birth abroad certificate, both which were applied for at the US embassy in London. Your fiance and baby needs to be with you when you apply for these, else you need to file a reason for his absence and consent to the application. My fiance was over here at the time and so attended with me. Once your baby is born, you should make an appointment through your US embassy's website to go to the embassy and apply for your baby's documents. This can be done at any time, although I would advise to do as soon as possible. My baby was a few months old as he spent the first 2 months of his life in hospital and so obviously couldn't go down to London. It's a relatively simple process though.

Timeline

Yeah, that's what I thought when I read the other user's comment. I have read about a lot of couples where the beneficiary was pregnant, and they tried to expedite the process without success. Sorry OP, you will have to wait.

Yeah, we didn't try as we were advised not to. Once your application is taken out of the queue so that they can consider you for expediting, if you're denied your folder is put back...and not in the same place in the queue that you were in. Only things such as a terminal illness or impending deployment are grounds for your application to be expedited. Even in those situations, it's not definite that you'd be eligible for it.

Saying all of this... from my NOA1 to my NOA2 it still took 9 months!!! Over a year later and I'm still not in the states (almost though).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.