sharaby03

Interview and Joint Sponsors

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I posted the other day how my wife went to the interview and they sent her home without her passport without approving or disapproving her case telling her she needs a 2nd joint sponsor to approve her case and when she gets approved they will send her visa with her passport back to her. Now my question is, on the paper it's requesting the joint sponsor needs to provide copy of his federal tax return (1040) and copy of his income tax. Does it have to be an official tax transcript from the IRS or is it just the 1040 he filed with this tax guy, a copy of that? and a copy of his income tax return from whatever source of income it was? need help, pretty confused on this part...

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I posted the other day how my wife went to the interview and they sent her home without her passport without approving or disapproving her case telling her she needs a 2nd joint sponsor to approve her case and when she gets approved they will send her visa with her passport back to her. Now my question is, on the paper it's requesting the joint sponsor needs to provide copy of his federal tax return (1040) and copy of his income tax. Does it have to be an official tax transcript from the IRS or is it just the 1040 he filed with this tax guy, a copy of that? and a copy of his income tax return from whatever source of income it was? need help, pretty confused on this part...

I would get the tax transcript makes everything easier and everything they filed is there.

Have the joint sponsor request tax transcript now (taxes a week) or they can go to IRS office and get it right than.

While waiting contact embassy and just get clarification. Almost there dear. Congratulations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

My uncle said he can provide his Federal Tax Return, His W2 and 1099.. would the be sufficient instead of the IRS transcript. He's single and he's over seas. He said he carrys his tax information on him and he can fax it to me. He has no way of getting a transcript so with what he has be sufficient ?

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My uncle said he can provide his Federal Tax Return, His W2 and 1099.. would the be sufficient instead of the IRS transcript. He's single and he's over seas. He said he carrys his tax information on him and he can fax it to me. He has no way of getting a transcript so with what he has be sufficient ?

Uncle is right as long as he provides every supporting document. He can get the transcript by requesting visa IRS web site and ask that they fax it to him wherever he is or to you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I requested my tax transcripts a couple of weeks ago, thinking it might take weeks to get them. 3 days later they were in my mailbox, so just online and do it. You'll have them so quickly.

He can submit his entire tax return with W2 and any schedules or the tax transcript. Photocopies are fine for the supporting documents (he also needs to provide proof of citizenship.) But the I-864 must be original.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

He is in France doing some consulting and he said he doesn't have a way of getting it... So My question is, is it possible for him just to send his Federal tax return, his w2 and his 1099?

Like anyone else he does have a way to obtain the transcripts. However if he want to try submitting what he has it may work. If not they will give him time to obtain the transcripts. The forms he has only prove he filled out forms. They do not indicate his current tax status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.