JEWELLA

What should be done while awaiting NOA2 approval??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am a little bit over 2 months now awaiting the arrival of my NOA2.I was wondering what i should be doing or what other forms i can obtain and prepare in the meantime while waiting for NOA2?when i contacted RGD i was told that the no-impediment cost $5500 for 7 working days and $6500 for 3 working days.but i have read on the forum before that it can take up to 2 months.Is this the truth or does things change since 2013 in obtain this document?Does it make much of a difference if i apply for the no-impediment at the head office in Spanish Town instead of the RGD office in my area,would it process any faster?

I have my immunization card,but am needing a new one due to the fact the info is not viewable on the one i have.What other shots can i receive at the clinic?do i need to get a list of the shots and bring it to the health center?I know the police certificate will take about 7 workings days to obtain so am not worry about it.I would like to hear from those who already had gone through this process or further through the process.Any tips or advise would be much appreciate it....Thanks in advance!

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I think both the certificate of non impediment and the police record are both good for a year, if so, I would suggest that you apply for them at any time, you will need an update version of your original birth certificate. They are requesting the newer versions so if you don't have one its a good idea to get one. You may want to get an immunization that is easy to read as you will not want to pay for additional shots, it seems that a lot of people pay for at least two to three shots during the medical. You can view the poverty guidelines online and make sure your spouse meets the requirements, if he does not you may want to gather up potential sponsors, I suggest more than one in case the one you have in mind backs out at the last minute, I've heard about that happening too many times and its is an essential in getting approved at the interview, you don't want a 221g form with a request for additional documents as it will prolong your wait time. Get your spouses taxes and W2's together for 2010-2012. You can fill out form DS-230 and sign and date it once you receive your NOA2 as that is the form the embassy must receive before scheduling an interview. I would also print out forms DS- 156, 156K, and 157. Fill them out and type them up and sign them once you get. One of the forms have to be submitted online so you would of course wait to fill it out, but if you print them out and pencil them in then when the time comes you'll be good to go. I think that about sums it up. Oh , be sure you both write a second letter of intent and gather all the documents you submitted with the original application which you will need for your interview... Good luck!

Timeline

the non-impediment certificate is valide for 6 months and the police record or certificate is 3 months and u can get them 10 day maximum so id advise u nt to do that yet cause u have nt recieve NOA2 yet wouldnt like them to expire on you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum -- queries are country-specific. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The no-impedement and police cert take about a week to process. I would wait because too far ahead could bring problems. Just familiarize yourself with all the steps that need to be taken before your interview. Read the reviews. Gather all the necessary documentation. Jamaica10 gave a pretty good account of what is required. Once you receive your NOA2, NVC still needs to issue you a CASE#. Without it the embassy will not schedule the interview for you. Also, before the embassy will schedule the interview they must receive your case from NVC.

Timeline

Here are a couple of things you can start working on while waiting for your NOA2:

- Getting your affidavit of support and relevant documentation together

- Filling out your DS forms (230, 156, 156K and 157)

- Obtaining your necessary passport pictures

- Obtaining an updated version of your birth certificate (new style)

- Police certificate (it took my fiance 30days to get his - and it is good for up to 1 year from the date of issuance)

- Going to the clinic and obtaining necessary shots prior to your medical(there is a post somewhere on VJ that has the link to the shots needed)

- Gathering support to prove on-going relationship (i.e., pictures, phone records, etc)

Just think of all the details that goes into pulling an excellent package together and all of the other little things that need to be done. Before you know it, you will have an NOA2 and you don't want to be scrambling to gather documents. Hope this helped.

Timeline

the non-impediment certificate is valide for 6 months and the police record or certificate is 3 months and u can get them 10 day maximum so id advise u nt to do that yet cause u have nt recieve NOA2 yet wouldnt like them to expire on you

I learned something new. I wasn't sure on how long they were both valid for. Thanx

Here are a couple of things you can start working on while waiting for your NOA2:

- Getting your affidavit of support and relevant documentation together

- Filling out your DS forms (230, 156, 156K and 157)

- Obtaining your necessary passport pictures

- Obtaining an updated version of your birth certificate (new style)

- Police certificate (it took my fiance 30days to get his - and it is good for up to 1 year from the date of issuance)

- Going to the clinic and obtaining necessary shots prior to your medical(there is a post somewhere on VJ that has the link to the shots needed)

- Gathering support to prove on-going relationship (i.e., pictures, phone records, etc)

Just think of all the details that goes into pulling an excellent package together and all of the other little things that need to be done. Before you know it, you will have an NOA2 and you don't want to be scrambling to gather documents. Hope this helped.

I had a feeling the police report was valid for one year...

Timeline

Thank y'll for the valuable information,I will make sure to try to get some of the shots within the next couple of weeks and later proceed with the other steps.

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.