Jamaica10

MY BABY'S VISA WAS ISSUED!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning,

So I called the Department of State this morning and found out that my baby's visa was ISSUED! I would like to thank God first and foremost! I am extremely grateful. Tomorrow will make 1 year since I received NOA1. This has been a long journey that's still in the making but now I am a step closer to the finish line. This journey has been far from easy, but through the midst of it all, I have learned that nothing happens on our time... God was teaching me patience and I overlooked it. The minute I gave in and left it in his hands, he came through. He's an on time God! I cried tears of joy, an I will cry greater tears once his visa is in his hands...

To all of those still in the process, don't give up! I know the stress and frustrations this brings! We are a VJ community which is the beauty of it all. We understand each others pain when no one else does. I think that the immigration laws President Obama is passing is forcing service centers to process petitions faster and I think the Kingston Embassy is attempting to catch up with its paper work in preparation for the heavy case loads they will be receiving. I promised to share my updated information with you all and I will continue to do so as my journey is not over. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning,

So I called the Department of State this morning and found out that my baby's visa was ISSUED! I would like to thank God first and foremost! I am extremely grateful. Tomorrow will make 1 year since I received NOA1. This has been a long journey that's still in the making but now I am a step closer to the finish line. This journey has been far from easy, but through the midst of it all, I have learned that nothing happens on our time... God was teaching me patience and I overlooked it. The minute I gave in and left it in his hands, he came through. He's an on time God! I cried tears of joy, an I will cry greater tears once his visa is in his hands...

To all of those still in the process, don't give up! I know the stress and frustrations this brings! We are a VJ community which is the beauty of it all. We understand each others pain when no one else does. I think that the immigration laws President Obama is passing is forcing service centers to process petitions faster and I think the Kingston Embassy is attempting to catch up with its paper work in preparation for the heavy case loads they will be receiving. I promised to share my updated information with you all and I will continue to do so as my journey is not over. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Did the CEAC status check updated to "issued" as well? congrats again my friend!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats...you gave us hope that someday soon our visa will be issued also...so happy for you and your fiancé....God bless you both.

Timeline

Congratulation!!!! All the best in your future endeavours, may God continue to bless you and your family. I am still holding my faith as i am yet to have my visa issued as well.

Thank You! It means a lot... It's been a long journey. Hang tight sweetie as its on its way. It's not easy but what's for you is for you and no one can take your blessings away from you. God is a on time God... I'll be praying for a positive outcome... Keep us posted ...

Congrats...

Thank you!

Timeline

Congrats...you gave us hope that someday soon our visa will be issued also...so happy for you and your fiancé....God bless you both.

Thank you! Trust me when I say that I know the feeling. It's not over yet until he gets it in his hands so I'm still apart of the waiting game, but hold on. I believe the embassy will start giving good results from here on out. As they get more applications, they will try to make decisions quickly to keep up with the pace

Timeline

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!!!

So happy for you, a few steps from airfare booking!!¡ and POE review hehehe!!

It's been a long time coming so glad you received this good news today. Prayerfull, he'll have visa in hand by Thursday!

Congratulations again!

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

NOA1: 1/29/13
Transferred to TSC; 6/21/13
NOA2: 7/6/13 (per Tier2-IO, no letter or email yet)
Received email confirming NOA2: 7/25/13
Sent to NVC: 7/26/13
Received by NVC: 7/29/13
Sent to Consulate: 7/30/2013
Case Number Received: 8/1/13
Packet 3: Never Received
Packet 4: 8/5/13
Interview: 9/5/13 *Approved
CEAC Status 9/6/13: Visa Status changed from 'IV Ready' to 'NIV Ready'
CEAC Status 9/10/13: Visa Status changed to Administrative Processing
CEAC Status 9/12/13: Visa Status changed to Issued
VISA in Hand!!!: 9/17/13
POE: 9/26/13

~~~ AOS ~~~

Sent in AOS with EAD/AP applications: 1/26/14

NOA1 for EAD/AP: 2/5/14

NOA1 for AOS: 2/7/14

Walked in for 3/6 Biometrics appointment: 2/27/14

EAD/AP combo Card Approved: 4/8/14

EAD/AP combo Card Received: 4/16/14??

Interview: ??

2 Year GC Approved: ??

2 Year GC Received: ??

"RESEARCH/READ MORE, post Less."

Timeline

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!!!

So happy for you, a few steps from airfare booking!!¡ and POE review hehehe!!

It's been a long time coming so glad you received this good news today. Prayerfull, he'll have visa in hand by Thursday!

Congratulations again!

Thanx! I would love for him to have his visa by Thursday as well but for today I'm just going to enjoy the moment. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's an emotional day!

Timeline

Congrats!!!!!!!

Sometimes i get frustrated but i know God is always on time

Congrats!!!!!!!

Keep the faith and pray... I know it's hard. This has even a rough year for me so it was hard going through the process this far. I lost my younger brother back in March who was only 18, and life started falling apart from then. This is the best news I have gotten since his deaths. My days and nights have dragged for so long, so believe me when I say I' hit rick bottom and I'm just starting to see some light. Take things one day at a time and continue to push through each day. Good luck and ill be prying for you to obtain your visa soon. We still have to wait for him to get his visa for all of this to be real, so we're still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.