9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got married this August and I came in a K1 visa. We are filing for AOS. I was wondering on whether we will use the same federal income tax return that we used with the I-129F. Are we to change the civil status information in his federal tax return into married first before we file for AOS or like the 1040 with the I-129F still ok?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for the I-864, gotta use what was filed last year, 2012, for some prior years income.

for current annual income, you show what's earned in 2013.

as to tax docs , showing what was used for the I-129F, that I-134 - OMG - are you suggesting that the petitioner/sponser somehow has you on that year's tax return, in some way, shape, or fashion?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

for the I-864, gotta use what was filed last year, 2012, for some prior years income.

for current annual income, you show what's earned in 2013.

as to tax docs , showing what was used for the I-129F, that I-134 - OMG - are you suggesting that the petitioner/sponser somehow has you on that year's tax return, in some way, shape, or fashion?

I wanted to be sure that we can use the 2012 tax return with his civil status as single tongue.png Well of course he just got married and I was afraid that they'd want docs that say his civil status as married.

Correct me if I am wrong. smile.png I can file tax docs (specifically last year 2012 since it is the most recent) without changing his status to married.

Another question is if there are any documents that I need to submit with the I-765 (EAD). I can't open the instructions from USCIS despite upgrading my reader and restarting.

Would it be advisable also that we file our AOS even without the SSN? My card is estimated to come 1st week of September but we will file AOS this coming last week of August.

Edited by emmandenn

Timeline

2012 tax return reflects 2011 tax data and income.

2013 tax return reflects 2012 tax data and income.

and so on.

there's a spot for 'current annual income' on the I-864, that's for 2013 monies (which he'll show later, on the 2014 tax return)

when i review your timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=143154 I have to assume you two got married in 2013, so the prior years tax returns cannot reflect anything but 'single' status.

sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

2012 tax return reflects 2011 tax data and income.

2013 tax return reflects 2012 tax data and income.

and so on.

there's a spot for 'current annual income' on the I-864, that's for 2013 monies (which he'll show later, on the 2014 tax return)

when i review your timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=143154 I have to assume you two got married in 2013, so the prior years tax returns cannot reflect anything but 'single' status.

sorry.

No need to say sorry :) Thank you for the information ^_^ I was thinking that we had to change his status and I don't know how long that would take. :P Thank you so much for the info.

With the SSN btw. Can we file the AOS and EAD without the SSN? or is it better to wait for my SSN before filing AOS?

Timeline

why you not chase SSN 2 weeks after POE ? What's the dealio ?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/405546-ssn-howto/

You could apply in VISA name on Friday.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

why you not chase SSN 2 weeks after POE ? What's the dealio ?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/405546-ssn-howto/

You could apply in VISA name on Friday.

I already applied for SSN under married name and they allowed it. :P I was just wondering if it would be advisable to wait for the number before AOS because my husband wants to file the soonest. My husband's work schedule doesn't permit him to go to the SSA office with me and get the number so we opted to just wait for the card in the mail. :)

So it would be better to just wait for the SSN card before filing AOS?

Timeline

SSN not required for AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.