FlyCal

Efficiency of the Electronic Processing System

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so let me try to understand this.

Your case gets transferred to NVC and you apply for EP. You receive an email immediately after sending the OPTIN email that says they got it. About 7-10 business days later, you get the approval for EP. Around that time, you submit the support documents for your DS-260 and again receive the email saying they got an email from you. About 7-10 business days later, you get an email that says they have now received your email and can take up to 20 business days to review. IF you get a Checklist, then you have to respond, at which time it takes an additional 7-10 business days (sometimes 14) for them to even accept the Checklist response, and then they need another 20 business days to review AGAIN.

Now, I am not sure about this, but isn't the EP program supposed to be more efficient? It takes an average of 1 month to deal with every single hurdle with respect to an application.

Am I correct in that it makes no sense?

"frustrated" :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sneak in an I-864 and you might have the rest of it.

FWIW, more countries have been added into the EP 'pilot program' so that adds in placeholders in a queue.

Sure, the queues get bogged down, as well.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL...I know about the I-864. Just trying to prove a point about the timing issue.

It's quite frustrating that the only stress of a Checklist is really the additional month that you have to wait after it, with fingers crossed that you didn't miss anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I do miss the days of yore, when things went lickety-split at NVC for EP...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, so let me try to understand this.

Your case gets transferred to NVC and you apply for EP. You receive an email immediately after sending the OPTIN email that says they got it. About 7-10 business days later, you get the approval for EP. Around that time, you submit the support documents for your DS-260 and again receive the email saying they got an email from you. About 7-10 business days later, you get an email that says they have now received your email and can take up to 20 business days to review. IF you get a Checklist, then you have to respond, at which time it takes an additional 7-10 business days (sometimes 14) for them to even accept the Checklist response, and then they need another 20 business days to review AGAIN.

Now, I am not sure about this, but isn't the EP program supposed to be more efficient? It takes an average of 1 month to deal with every single hurdle with respect to an application.

Am I correct in that it makes no sense?

"frustrated" smile.png

Efficiency has nothing to do with speed. But I can tell you coming from a country where mail gets lost that many have had to send in documents 2 and 3 and 4 times. being able to do EP starting 9/1 for Nigeria and not pay all those crazy mailing fees is a blessing. Sure it would be great we get speed also but this is a happy day for some of us.

But I understand your frustration. When I filed my I-130 way back march 2012 and saw the record for NVC was 11 days i was determined to break it. Heck it took 31 days for my case to get from USCIS to NVC I am so sure. LOL

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.