godlyatheist

Question about documentations for I-130 for a parent

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I'm a USC through naturalizaiton and I want to petition my biological father from China to the US. I just have a few questions regarding the I-130 application form. Specifically, it's about the documentation I need.

I have all the certificates and document the instruction said to have; however, these were notified by notarized by state-owned notary in China. There's a Chinese and English copy of each documents. The instruction says to include certification that the translator is certified for English translation. Since it's a state-owned notary that did it, would it be implied that the translator's are certified? Or would I need additional paperwork to indicate that?

I was born through my father and mother's first marriage (only child). I would only need my birth certificate and my parents' marriage certificate right? I ask because my parents divorced and remarried when I was young. Looking at the wording of the instruction, it doesn't look like I need documentation for the additional marriages after I was born.

Thank you

Edited by godlyatheist

09/18/13 - I-130 mailed
09/23/13 - I-797C Notice of Action received
03/10/14 - I-130 approved

04/23/14 - NVC received case

05/03/14 - Received Case # and IIN#

05/18/14 - AOS fees paid and DS-261 completed

05/22/14 - Electronic Processing OPT-IN, AOS documentations sent electronically

06/16/14 - Case converted to Electronics Processing, GZO case number assigned

06/30/14 - IV fee paid

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Chinese Notarial Documents - see DOS China Reciprocity Schedule

Most of the documents needed can be obtained from one of China's Notarial Offices (Gong Zheng Chu). All Chinese documentation to be used abroad is processed through the notary offices and issued in the form of notarial certificates. Notarial offices are located in all major Chinese cities and in rural county seats

The documents required are the GongZhengShu 公证书

Sample application for documents (your province or hukou may vary):

http://www.bnpo.gov....72115331419.doc

http://www.bnpo.gov....ide/detail1.asp

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Basically You need to prove you are qualifies to file ( a USC ) that you have a qualified relationship ( documents to show your father fathered you ) and to show you have had an on going relationship.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sounds like you have white books.

with I-130 submittal, include photocopies (only), as you'll need the originals later at the interview.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

sounds like you have white books.

with I-130 submittal, include photocopies (only), as you'll need the originals later at the interview.

Yes I do have the white books for the birth certificates and marriage certificates. So I just submit photocopies for those along with I-130 right?

So far the checklist I have is:

I-130 for my father

My birth certificate

My parent's marriage certificate (1st marriage for both of them so no prior marriage)

My certificate of naturalization

My petition for name change (this was done when I became a citizen)

.......show you have had an on going relationship.

What would I need to demonstrate this?

Thanks to everyone that replied!

Edited by godlyatheist

09/18/13 - I-130 mailed

06/30/14 - IV fee paid

Timeline

Don't you need to complete G-325A for you and your parent?

On the I-130 instruction, the G-325A is listed only under the Spouse section. On the check list at the end of the instruction, it says "if you are filing for your spouse, did you include G-235A?" In my understanding from reading the instructions, the G-325A is only needed when filing for your spouse?huh2.gif

Edited by godlyatheist

09/18/13 - I-130 mailed

06/30/14 - IV fee paid

Timeline

I just sent in the I-130, my proof of citizenship, proof my father-son relationship, application fee. That's what the instruction said so that's all I sent in. Hopefully nothing goes wrong devil.gif

09/18/13 - I-130 mailed

06/30/14 - IV fee paid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.