AeroRedBaron

POE question with wife with a B1/B2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Howdy,

I have a question about what documentation our family will need when entering the US. Here's our situation:

I am a USC but have been working as a missionary for the past six years in Venezuela.

My wife is a Colombian national and has been in Venezuela for the past eight years and is a youth pastor.

My daughter is seven months old and is a USC, Venezuelan and Colombian.

We're going to the states so that my folks can meet my wife and daughter, and also so that I can get my visa for Venezuela squared away. Due to a number of circumstances on the VZ side of things we needed to leave at the end of September. Since we have no desire to live in the states and we didn't have time to do the expedited nationalization of my wife, we thought we'd give the B1/B2 visa a shot but without much hope that it would be approved. But miraculously enough, my wife was approved last friday!

Given our situation, I'm sure they are going to ask us a number of questions at the POE and I want to have all the documentation we could have.

What documents would you recommend bringing with us and what have been your experiences entering under similar circumstances?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In this case you need to have a return ticket for the entire family, in the least. Also, make sure she brings along evidence of ties with Venezuela, as would be required of any tourist.

In addition make sure you are able to produce evidence that YOU will need to return to Venezuela, in the form of letters from your employers, business cards, etc. Your ties with Venezuela are as important as hers, because if you need to return, so will she.

Last but not least, be honest with the CBP officer upon your arrival, explain the reason for your visit. You should be OK.

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi! Some of the questions might be: how long are you planning to stay? Where are you coming back? Do you have family and friends in the States? When are you staying?. Basically are going to be the same questions, like any tourist. She has no intention to stay, she is just visiting. Having a return ticket its very helpful but I think she will not encounter any issue at the POE. Just be honest! Good luck

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't bring anything real fancy when I go through POE with my husband with his B-2. I always make sure we have round trip/return tickets, our original/international copies of our marriage certificate and a letter from my husband's employer stating when they expect him to return to work. If you're in line with her and you both have that "happy tourist" look on your faces then they won't even be asking for any evidence, most likely. A USC living in a foreign country with no wish to return home is a pretty strong tie to Venezuela for your wife.

Myself: US citizen; Husband: German citizen

TransferWise Invitation Link: (first wire transfer is free) https://transferwise.com/u/eec50

(B-2 Journey):

-(then fiance) H-2B work visa application terminated due to qualification difficulties in Aug. 2010.

-(then fiance) B-2 tourist visa denied due to lack of strong ties to Germany in Sept. 2010.
-Third ESTA denied due to his suspiscious visa status on Oct. 15, 2012.
-B-2 tourist visa approved on Nov. 16, 2012!

(IR-1 Journey):

-Extended German residence permit obtained Aug. 23, 2014. (to qualify for DCF)

-Husband's new German passport picked up Aug. 28, 2014. (Old one expires 2015)

-I-130 packet sent to Frankfurt (DCF) Aug. 29, 2014!

-NOA1 issued Sept. 9, 2014 (received Sept.13)

-RFE regarding evidence of bona fide marriage received along with NOA1

-RFE reply packet sent to Frankfurt Sept. 30, 2014

-E-mail response (NOA2) received by USCIS Frankfurt on Oct. 23, 2014 (Petition APPROVED Oct. 20!!!) :dancing:

-Paper NOA2 received in the mail Oct. 29, 2014

-Case number assigned by IV unit Oct. 30, 2014 (Received by email Nov. 3)

-Paper "Packet 3" arrived in mail Nov. 4, 2014

-DS-260 and Document Delivery Registration submitted to Frankfurt Nov. 4, 2014

-Mailed in priority date request found on Packet 3 to IV Unit Nov. 5, 2014

-IV ("Packet 3") package sent to Frankfurt Nov. 17, 2014

-Medical completed by Frankfurt panel physician Nov. 17, 2014

-Received "Packet 4" via e-mail Nov. 20, 2014

-Interview booked for Dec. 3, 2014 (booked Nov. 21, 2014 after email authorization received)
-Visa approved, issued AND picked up by the courier all within 7 hours, Dec. 3, 2014
:dance:

-Visa packet arrived in the mail Dec. 4, 2014

-Visa packet had to be returned to Frankfurt for correction on Immigrant Data Summary sheet (wrong birthplace listed) Dec. 5, 2014

-Corrected visa packet received in the mail Dec. 11, 2014

-$165 Immigrant fee paid Dec. 11, 2014

-POE (through Dublin, Ireland) Jan. 18, 2015

-Registered manually for social security Jan. 27, 2015

-Social security card arrived within 2 weeks after applying in person/green card arrived within 30 days after entering U.S.

kXYGp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.