T&K.Love

Which dates of I-130 form is USCIS currently processing/reviewing?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone :-) I have several questions i would like to know about i-130 form and timeline for it .

I wonder if anyone knows which dates of i-130 forms are processed at the moment by USCIS? can that be known?

If someone sent i-130 form recently, in July 2013, what would be approximate time of approval? Receipt number starts with MSC, i guess it is National Benefit Center? Is this center slower or faster than the other ones or just same like the others, based on your experiences ?

Thanks. Greetings

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey,

Well, it's hard to know which date they're currently processing, but in short, the NBC is incredibly backlogged. The Igor's List will tell you they are in February 2013, but it's very hard to judge because so many before this month haven't got anything. If you call or have a senator call for you, they will tell you anywhere from 8-12 months. The initial processing time was 5 months, but that isn't so likely anymore.

However, I've been reading that starting in September, the NBC will open a new processing center in Kansas specifically for I-130 petitions and they should be able to catch up eventually. If this is true, you could imagine the normal processing time of 5-6 months. If not, if could be twice as much time. They don't seem to be working at all. Many are still waiting.

Typically, you can expect for your petition to be transferred to your local field office, but the timing depends on the current processing date for the adjudicators.

Good luck!

Edited by Joaozinho

March 27, 2013 Package sent
March 28, 2013 Package received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox
March 29, 2013 NOA-1 Received
June 26, 2013 Contacted State Senator Merkley, Senator Wyden & Representative Blumenauer (So they could verify status because of a little bit of an emergency situation)
July 3, 2013 Response and update from Senator Merkley
July 8, 2013 Response and update from Representative Blumenauer

July 30, 2013 Contacted DHS Ombudsman about situation

August 8, 2013 Response and update from Senator Wyden

August 14, 2013 Received Case Number from DHS Ombudsman

August 16, 2013 Senator Wyden filed expedite request to USCIS on my behalf

September 12, 2013 Ombudsman filed expedite request to USCIS on my behalf

September 27, 2013 Alien Registration Number Changed

September 27, 2013 I-130 Petition Approved (About 15 minutes after the alien registration number was changed)

October 9, 2013 NVC Case Number Received

October 9, 2013 DS-261 Completed and AOS Fee Paid

October 21, 2013 IV Fee Invoice Received

October 21, 2013 IV Fee Paid

October 29, 2013 DS-260 Completed

November 2, 2013 Sent AOS and IV documents to NVC

November 4, 2013 Documents Arrived at NVC

December 15, 2013 RFE Sent to NVC

January 27. 2014 NVC Completed Review (Any remaining documents can be brought to interview)

February 27, 2014 Interview Scheduled for April 10th, 2014

April 10th, 2014 Visa Approved

April 13th, 2014 Vissa Issued

April 22, 2014 Ready for Pick-up

April 23rd, 2014 Picked up visa from UPS

May 2nd, 2014 P.O.E. Dallas/Fortworth

event.png

event.png

Please complete your timeline (also, other info - assumption made you're doing an IR/CR-1 due to forum section)!

Your timeline: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=167071

What is a timeline? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/102797-create-a-vj-timeline-to-track-your-case-and-get-estimated-approval-dates/

It'll use the data input by over VJ members to predict when you may possibly get an approval.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Thanks for the answers :-)

Yes we are doing CR1 visa and we recently got only noa1. On receipt number it says MSC and next several numbers- im not sure if it is National Benefit Center but according to what i was reading it is national benefit center.... which is in Misouri but i.130 form is sent from state of Washington so it is not completely clear to me why National benefit Center, maybe it should be California Service center becuase it is closer? well receipt number has MSC mark before numbers.

Which is the fastest center for i-130 form? i also have no idea is it good to send 129f form in addition to i-130 form, maybe it will be faster ( then it will be K3 , for which i read is not much faster than CR1 ) ?

Greetings

in addition, what is Igor's list? :-) is it ok to call USCIS and ask, inform there about where they are with your case and ask them about approximate time for approval? did anyone of you call them sometimes trying to inform about such things, would that be okay?

Igor's list is just an easy to read version of the VJ timelines on here, so you can understand how long things are taking to get processed.

You can try calling USCIS, but be prepared to wait on the phone for a very long time for zero information.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Thanks :-) they just seem slow....i thought i-130 form would be much faster.

Lost at Sea- i see from your timeline your 1-130 from was approved in 21 days??? it is super fast !!:-) and all the process in your case was very fast, it is great!

i guess it is not always like that to be approved really quickly? i wish it was like that more often!

maybe adding 129f could make it all shorter in time

Thanks :-) they just seem slow....i thought i-130 form would be much faster.

Lost at Sea- i see from your timeline your 1-130 from was approved in 21 days??? it is super fast !!:-) and all the process in your case was very fast, it is great!

i guess it is not always like that to be approved really quickly? i wish it was like that more often!

No. Mine is not a good example. I was able to do DCF which is a different process, so do not take my timeline as an example of the norm.

It is slow and ridiculous, but stick around on here and folks will help you out. :)

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Ok :-) . yes there are lots of different options and processes ppl do. We ( me and my husband ) recently started cr1 process so still many things are not that clear. However, it is clear they can be slow.

Joaonzinho - based on what i see from your post, are you waiting 4 months for 1-130 form approval? are you also doing cr1 visa and , if i may ask, why did you have senators call uscis for you? it should be soon approved , 4 months is long for only i-130 form.

i still have no idea if i-130 form we sent is at National Benefit Center ( becuase it says MSC on receipt number) or some other center ( like California Service center ) as i-130 form is sent from Washington state

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok :-) . yes there are lots of different options and processes ppl do. We ( me and my husband ) recently started cr1 process so still many things are not that clear. However, it is clear they can be slow.

Joaonzinho - based on what i see from your post, are you waiting 4 months for 1-130 form approval? are you also doing cr1 visa and , if i may ask, why did you have senators call uscis for you? it should be soon approved , 4 months is long for only i-130 form.

i still have no idea if i-130 form we sent is at National Benefit Center ( becuase it says MSC on receipt number) or some other center ( like California Service center ) as i-130 form is sent from Washington state

Look at the bottom of NOA1. It should have an address. Mine is national benefit center, overland park ( new office)

4 months is nothing.... The USCIS is stating 12 months for an approval... most likely to cover their asses but either way, a 4 month approval would be a gift from God. hang out here and wait. Reading the posts helps the time go by.

Find a thread for the month you filed. then you can follow everyones progress for that month.

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Thanks for replies :-)

we will look at noa1 to see at which service center we are. When want to check status online, on uscis link it is only shown California Service Center and Vermont Service center so we assumed that we are in California center becuase it is the closest one to Washington state.

I had no idea that there are other service centers too, like national benefit center , becuase it was not listed there. Hm....

I wonder if there is anyone here who also did i-129f in addition to -130 form ? Is it faster then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.