lostinblue

Iowa husband shoots, kills escaped inmate who held him, wife hostage

355 posts in this topic

He could always go back to posting about blacks and pretend that he wasn't a racist.

Or Hitler. I like when he posts about Hitler.

+1 for both of these posts. For some reason my well has run dry. I don't believe I used that many today. Is it possible they were taken away from me by the powers that be?

It has work plenty of time where a gun in the house has saved lives or someone carrying a CCW has been able to protect themselves and others.

Yep. And it also works out that the guns in the house end up in the wrong hands and kill a loved one.

Let's not only focus on one side.

A 3 year old boy shot himself in the head the other day when a gun was found in his home.

Now, that gun easily could have been used for the right reasons in a home invasion, but it wasn't.

Doesn't always work out the way it should.

Edited by Penny Lane

+1 for both of these posts. For some reason my well has run dry. I don't believe I used that many today. Is it possible they were taken away from me by the powers that be?

I think every time someone reports a post of yours you lose half of your +'s for the day.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It has work plenty of time where a gun in the house has saved lives or someone carrying a CCW has been able to protect themselves and others.

According to a report filed by the Washington State Department of Social Health Services, a child or teen is killed once every seven and a half hours with a gun, either by accident or by suicide. In 72 percent of these cases, the firearm used was housed in the victim’s own residence. Many of these weapons were locked away in a secure place, yet 48 percent of those who own guns do not equip them with child safety and trigger locks.

Hidden guns may be found and used by children often, yet in a third of homes where firearms are present, that type of hide-and-seek discovery is not necessary. A full 30 percent of gun owners keep their weapons at the ready in an unlocked, loaded state. Ironically, in order for a home to be protected against an intruder, guns need to be easily and quickly accessible and it is this very accessibility which makes firearms in the home so deadly.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/15/guns-in-your-home-a-statistical-accident-waiting-to-happen/

Nearly 800 children under 14 were killed in gun accidents from 1999 to 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nearly one in five injury-related deaths in children and adolescents involve firearms.

Through homicide, suicide and accidents, guns cause twice as many deaths in young people as cancer, five times as many as heart disease and 15 times as many as infections, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/11/children-protection-gun-violence/2079177/

Edited by Penny Lane

I think every time someone reports a post of yours you lose half of your +'s for the day.

I think you're on to something there. I wonder if the snitches get my +1's as a reward.

Arent more kids killed in swimming pools or riding bikes?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yep. And it also works out that the guns in the house end up in the wrong hands and kill a loved one.

Let's not only focus on one side.

A 3 year old boy shot himself in the head the other day when a gun was found in his home.

Now, that gun easily could have been used for the right reasons in a home invasion, but it wasn't.

Doesn't always work out the way it should.

In cases it also works exactly how it is supposed to work.

I would have no issues, if the dems and president wanterd to go after the criminal element but they choose to lump all the gun owners togeather and attack them.

In cases it also works exactly how it is supposed to work.

I would have no issues, if the dems and president wanterd to go after the criminal element but they choose to lump all the gun owners togeather and attack them.

Of course there are cases it works like it should. But there is an overwhelming amount of cases where it doesn't and IGNORING that does not help anyone's cause.

Arent more kids killed in swimming pools or riding bikes?

Is someone going to have to explain to you the difference between guns and water again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

According to a report filed by the Washington State Department of Social Health Services, a child or teen is killed once every seven and a half hours with a gun, either by accident or by suicide. In 72 percent of these cases, the firearm used was housed in the victim’s own residence. Many of these weapons were locked away in a secure place, yet 48 percent of those who own guns do not equip them with child safety and trigger locks.

Hidden guns may be found and used by children often, yet in a third of homes where firearms are present, that type of hide-and-seek discovery is not necessary. A full 30 percent of gun owners keep their weapons at the ready in an unlocked, loaded state. Ironically, in order for a home to be protected against an intruder, guns need to be easily and quickly accessible and it is this very accessibility which makes firearms in the home so deadly.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/15/guns-in-your-home-a-statistical-accident-waiting-to-happen/

Nearly 800 children under 14 were killed in gun accidents from 1999 to 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nearly one in five injury-related deaths in children and adolescents involve firearms.

Through homicide, suicide and accidents, guns cause twice as many deaths in young people as cancer, five times as many as heart disease and 15 times as many as infections, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/11/children-protection-gun-violence/2079177/

800 children over period of 10 yrs.... there are many more activities in which more number of children die in a year.

Why is president or dems not talking about it?

Why are they not doing anything about controlling those things?

Same politicians who do not want civilan to own gun, wants armed guards to protect their family? (paid by tax payers)

800 children over period of 10 yrs.... there are many more activities in which more number of children die in a year.

Why is president or dems not talking about it?

Why are they not doing anything about controlling those things?

Same politicians who do not want civilan to own gun, wants armed guards to protect their family? (paid by tax payers)

Controlling what things?

The prisoner's behaviour was very strange. He clearly wasn't trying to kill them or they would be dead.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .